Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

detox symptoms
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 03, 2006 05:21PM

I am wondering what to expect as far as detox symptoms from this diet...

I've taken like five @#$%& in about 24 hours and I feel really spacey. I stopped taking Strattera about a month ago and I am wondering if I am going to get wallopped with crazy drug detox symptoms...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: detox symptoms
Posted by: Oneris ()
Date: May 03, 2006 09:46PM

The typical symptoms I've experienced are a sick to my stomach feeling, feverish, light-headed or dizzy, inability to focus mentally, weakness(which is odd, cause I feel weaker and yet stronger at the same time).

This is on the few times where I've gone from a bad diet to a cleanse of raw vegetables(no sugary fruits), and I usually experience this around the 2nd or 3rd day and the symptoms for me last one to two days at most.

Posted by: ryandvan ()
Date: May 04, 2006 03:38AM

You feel weaker and stronger because all your bodies energy is going to rebuilding you on the inside. Little is left for muscular activity. I hear that celery helps take the dizziness away. Going to try it tomarrow.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 06, 2006 05:22PM

I'm just starting with a raw diet, myself. Yet, I don't forsee experiencing any detox symptoms save for the weakness. Then again, I may just need to eat more. =)

Posted by: marika ()
Date: June 01, 2006 12:40AM

There are a bunch of possible symptoms, but if you listen to your body and keep experimenting you will figure it out. Take it slow, or even if you don't, you will be fine. Right now my wounds are having a really hard time healing and I feel pretty achey. I also feel weak and dizzy and spacy at times. I feel really stoned sometimes and its a nice natural high. I am a lot more sensitive to everything all around me also. Going into stores is a bit overwhelming. Its been quite a trip for me, but then again I have completely changed my lifestyle. I have come out from the dark side and so much is happening at once! I think its beautiful and inspiring and rejuvenating and intoxicating. I am willing to feel the negative effects of detoxing over all of the negative things that happen when one eats cooked food and animal products any day. Jesus said in the Essene Gospel of Peace that when one detoxes it can be very painful and some pretty gross things can come oozing out of you from all orifices, so be just be mindful of your body! If you are @#$%& a lot and it is uncomfortable try to just drink water and not eat so much! Don't eat til noon and don't eat again til sunset. As David Mason said to me, Just have faith. Your bowels will be very unpredictable for a while. I too have kicked some drugs, as well as my boyfriend (I didn't kick him, he has kicked some too), and we are paying for it, but it will all be great in the end. Keep it up! Oh, if you want to know how much you SHOULD be @#$%&, I'd say you should take one @#$%& for every meal you eat! I am going through the same stuff right now and have been doing a lot of research so if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 12, 2006 07:19PM

Strattera?? Yikes! Doesn't it make your head hurt? My doctor gave me a sample bottle once and it freaked me out, I got the sense there was something amiss with it as compared to the other ADD drugs, all of which are basically just harmful stimulants, in my opinion. I stopped taking all ADD drugs when I discovered that if I eat a lot of fresh vegetables, the ADD goes away. So I think you're doing the right thing, good luck to you!

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 12, 2006 07:46PM

I think nuts and seeds help a lot with detox symptoms. My light headedness and queezy stomach cleared up every time I munched on a few almonds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables