Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

digestion issues
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: November 02, 2007 02:44PM

For the past week I have been in and out of the orthodontist having my teeth adjusted and pulled. I've had spacers placed in my mouth that cause all my teeth to rearrange. Basically it feels like they are all loose.
For the past three days, because of my current state, I have just been eating watermelon, and tried to stomache some persimmons. Whenever I eat I don't fully chew my food, because of the pain, and I end up eating extremely fast. I've started to lose my apetite and am barely eating anything. Last night I ate some watermelon, and upon going to the restroom this morning I realized that It came out exactly the same. I barely slept at all last night. My mind just would not shut off and my muscles ached. My stomache was also cramping. Can stress like this completely disrupt digestive function? Also because I am barely eating anything besides some watermelon juice, could this these problems possibly be my body going into a cleansing mode? Ive dropped 5 pounds in the last 3 days because of this. Should I try and give my digestive system a boost by eating some fats and greens, or digestive stimulants like acv and onion?
I am just not hungry.... has anyone experienced this? What is your advice?
Thankyou everyone,
olivia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: digestion issues
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 02, 2007 03:18PM

You can certainly take this opportunity to engage in some voluntary light fasting...or juice fasting...but only if it's joyful and you feel you are giving a gift to yourself. Otherwise....just seek to eat a lighter diet....until your crisis passes. Don't eat anything that would stick in your teeth...or cause you additional discomfor

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: November 02, 2007 05:22PM

Having orthodontic work can be extremely upsetting to the whole body.

Both of my kids had orthodontics and felt completely miserable after each adjustment. Some people feel worse than others. It's best to expect it and your orthodontist should know that and inform you about it.

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: November 02, 2007 09:26PM

i am very sick as I am writing this,
it turns 0out that the situation is worse than i thought,
i have already vomitted twice, and have very sharp pains in my bottom right side, which my dad thinks may be my appendix, but i am not sure about this because its happened 3 times before over the past 2 yrs and gone away,,
does anyone know how to make a homemade enema, i feel like this would help me
should i drink water
please any advice will help
thankyou

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: November 02, 2007 10:03PM

Oh, fuxxysox. I'm so sorry to hear you are in such pain. *Hugs*

I'm sure others will be here soon to give you some good advice. My only advice until then is to breathe deep and try to relax your body.

I'm sending lots of healing love your way.

Gypsy

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 03, 2007 03:52AM

Did you call your dentist and tell him your symptoms? It could be bacteria that are giving you pain, an infection all stemming from the dental work. Your mouth should have been free of any infection, or periodontal diseases before he worked on your teeth.

You could have also gotten the bacterial infection from the dentist. You may need to go back there as quickly as you can for a look at the situation and your dentist can recommend if he needs to help you clean up the bacteria and give you a prescription for antibiotics.

Use some hydrogen peroxide in some pure water and use it as a mouth rinse, if you brush use a very soft new brush, and no tooth paste..just pour some peroxide on the brush before and after using.

What I know now, I'd make sure to get some liquid Lugol's Iodine, and you can use it like the peroxide as a mouth rinse with some pure water, and also take a drop or 2 in some pure water as a drink, daily. You can buy the Lugol's Iodine at the local pet store under brand name of Kent Marine, it says Lugol's Iodine on it. It's in the aquarium area. Make sure it says Lugols Iodine.

Your dentist should be contacted, they have equipment to help with infected teeth and gums.

If you are really in pain, try 2 Advil and 2 Iburprophen together. They work really well and will let you sleep.

I wouldn't do an enema at this time, it may stir up the bacterial infection even more.

Let us know how you are doing.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: uma ()
Date: November 03, 2007 04:15AM

Sure sounds like your body is trying to get rid of something! I have a friend who recently had a lot of heavy dental work--root canal--and ended up with an infection in her gums with a big open sore in her mouth that wasn't going away. She decided to fast and ended up fasting 19 days before her mouth finally healed up. All during the fast she felt her body working on her gums (and the rest of her body) and dumping stuff out of that sore. I think heavy dental/orthodontic work is a trauma to the body and also introduces concentrated toxins that the body may really want to get rid of.

Have you fasted before? You may want to consider doing a consult with someone experienced like Doug Graham.

Love,
Uma

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 03, 2007 06:30AM

I agree that your body is asking for a fast. Perhaps stop eating and only drink water until your appetite returns. While you are doing this, stay in bed as get as much rest and sleep as possible. so that your body can direct all of its energy into healing your mouth, as you had quite a bit of work done that was probably a bit traumatic for your body.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables