Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 6 of 14
Re: Pictures of your FOOD!
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: January 29, 2008 09:00PM

Thanks for the compliment LaV... When I cooked, my friends would always say i should open a restaurant, but i think the business side would take the joy out of it for me... I'd be more than happy to make you an official taster, but you have to write your reviews in your refreshing poetic LaV style!

Pakd, I'm glad you like the pics and the presentation. Raw food is already so pretty that i love to take my time creating a presentation that pays homage to all of the forces that brought it to my kitchen...the sun, the soil, the rain, farmers, truck drivers, produce managers, check-out clerks, etc... so much to be thankful for. Since becoming raw I find myself constantly spacing-out looking at my food and thanking all the people and energy that brought it to my plate...my eyes...my mouth...my belly...my soul.

yo Healthybun... that looks as delicious as your facial expression indicates! how did you make the taco shells?

aloha, Greg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: January 31, 2008 09:44PM

experiment with fruit cakes..and a chocolate mouse pudding smiling smiley

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 31, 2008 09:53PM

Wow, that looks so yummy. I just want to run my finger around it and taste it.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 01, 2008 04:03PM

ha hah healthy bun!!

GIMME ONE OF THEM TACOS! ( stop hoarding all the cucumberish guacamole and tomatoey goodies to yourselfsmiling smiley

maui greg

its very nice u thank all the people who brought the food to you
it really does literally " take a village" if not the entire conspiracy and symphony of all the forces in the universe just to have one bite tongue sticking out smiley

rawdanceruk

my crystal ball says that you will be opening up a raw bakery school as well as a bakery and i will be the official taster there too ( HA HA!!)

i will pay my tuition by writing up little reviews tongue sticking out smiley ( after all, i did get my Ph.D in Raw Chocolate Connoisseurship )

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: February 01, 2008 08:17PM

Healthybun, love your argyle sweater!

Wish you would give us the recipe for your taco shells. Looks fun.

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 02, 2008 12:17AM

I hereby authorize every female on this site to look at my pictures....and consider me (well, part of me...part of me) as food.

4444 Island Drive
North Topsail Beach, N.C. 28460

Mmmmm. Can you say...CO-OP!!!!

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Date: February 02, 2008 02:55PM

Apricot sesame cookies smiling smiley

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: February 02, 2008 07:28PM

MAUI GREG!!!! READ THIS!!!!! HEY YOU> YEAH YOU MAUI GREG....

"Burdock-Celariac-Cauli Taters on Carrot-Zuke Pasta"

Can you tell me how you used burdock in this recipie? We have a ton of it out back. They are at least 3-4 year-old plants, and my impression was that you could only COOK the roots of 1 year old plants. Now I am very curious!!!!

Angie

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Date: February 03, 2008 12:15AM

Hi Angie...I'M HERE, I'M HERE!!!

I never heard that you had to cook the roots, although I have cooked them before. I am sure that you should only use the roots of the first year plant while the plant is just a rosette of leaves before it sends up the stalk. Years and years ago when I lived in Vermont I used to juice the roots and I never had a problem at all. It was very earthy tasting and cleansing from what I remember.

When I made that dish I just cut up fresh burdock, celariac and cauliflower and blended it in my FP with some garlic, sunflowerseeds and a little tahini and flaxseed oil. That's all. If you have some information about needing to cook burdock, I would be interested in checking that out... or maybe ignorance is bliss. For what it's worth, i only have burdock once or twice a month, but I always feel great after eating it.

Aloha, Greg

Date: February 03, 2008 02:17AM

angie says:

<<MAUI GREG!!!! READ THIS!!!!! HEY YOU> YEAH YOU MAUI GREG....>>

maui greg says:

<<Hi Angie...I'M HERE, I'M HERE!!! >>

ha ha ha! BIG SMILEsmiling smiley

luv this thread!!!

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: February 03, 2008 10:26AM

Hiya there!

Taco created with a little help from the authors that own Pure Food and Wine and got the recepie from their book Raw Food/Real World.

love all of your pictures!
// Jacob

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 03, 2008 06:54PM

you can totally juice burdock root, it's an amazing detoxifier.

guys, these dishes look so num and make my mouth literally water but i know most of them would give me an upset belly with all those ingredients. *sad*

here's little's breakfast from the other day.

i didn't even have that, just the apple for little ole me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2008 06:56PM by coco.

Date: February 03, 2008 08:20PM

Yummy that looks lovely and vibrant coco smiling smiley

Here is my raw Knickerbocker Glory!

Date: February 03, 2008 10:43PM

Fruit Kebabs and donuts

Date: February 04, 2008 03:12AM

geez... why should anyone go to a raw food restaurant as long as people like maui greg and rawdanceruk are around

u go over to maui greg's and enjoy a veggie cuisine

then go over to rawdanceruk's and pick yourself a donut and milkshake

its good to be alive in this day and age

Date: February 04, 2008 04:40AM

RawDancer, That fruit kabob looks great. So simple, but really pretty!

...and as far as the confections..... oh man, and the donuts.... If there were raw food police, they'd be stuffing their faces with those. ..actually, is that just a U.S. phenomenon or do police all over the world subsist on donuts?

Either way, nice work!

Aloha

Date: February 04, 2008 08:21AM

lol.. not sure our police eat donuts lol..probably more likely cornish pasties ..YUK!

Thanks for all the love guys smiling smiley

Maui greg.. your a master!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Raw since March 2007

http://rawveganlondoner.blogspot.com/

Date: February 04, 2008 09:55AM

i bet more people would become cops if the rawdanceruk donuts and raw pastries came with the territory LOL smiling smiley

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: February 04, 2008 02:03PM

rawdanceruk

Do you have the recepie to the donuts? I got huuuungry! smiling smiley Looked wonderful!

Date: February 04, 2008 02:55PM

My daughter and her friend made Ani Pyo's Donut Holes this weekend. They were really good. [www.youtube.com]

I love all of it!!! That knickerbocker glory looks so creamy and delish. Was it good? What is in it?

You Guy's (rawdancer and coco) strawberries looks so good. Coco, I love that cloth under the plate.

and those apricot cookies....yum!!!

Date: February 04, 2008 03:05PM

pakd4fun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Coco, I love that cloth under the
> plate.

you know, i was just looking at the pic thinking the very same thing! it's a table cloth from my mama. it's as beautiful as she is smiling smiley

i couldn't eat those donut holes but i wonder if the young man would think they were fun. hmm, maybe we'll try some recipes this weekend.

Date: February 04, 2008 03:13PM

The trouble with the donut hole recipe is keeping everyone from eating the pineapple before you dry it and get it into the mixing bowl.

Date: February 04, 2008 03:21PM

see, that doesn't sound like so much of a problem to me. ha ha, i'd rather just eat the pineapple!
the little man likes mono eating too but i think about maybe trying some recipes to replace the junk grandma has been tempting him with lately. banana bread, apple crumble, hot chocolate (!). she's making this hard on me. if i give her an alternative she'll go for it but she's just such an impulse shopper that when she sees that box of organic hot cocoa mix she can't seem to resist. time for carob almond milk, hope i can make it taste near as good as that sugar formula for this 6 year old!

Date: February 04, 2008 04:04PM

<<<< see, that doesn't sound like so much of a problem to me. ha ha, i'd rather just eat the pineapple! >>>>>

I know what you mean. We usually eat so simply and are very happy with that. We like to make more complicated food once in a while to help with our cooked addictions. I feel like our transition to ? (100%) will be very long. My six year old continues to need emotional room for saying goodbuy to all her favorite foods and we need to transition together for the most part. Since we homeschool we are ALWAYS together. Her sensitivities to food is one of the reasons we found raw foods. We have come so far and feel so good. I can't remember the last time she wanted mac and cheese, which was something she craved most. When my kids' cooked friends come over they like to make sweet snacks, food is always part of a special occasion. We are lucky that most of their friends are not typical SAD eaters and love our healthy food. Eating as much as you want of a great raw treat is really more fun than any crap that is our there and the kids are really realizing it. This thread and all the wonderful sites with raw food pics are very helpful for my little ones' to transition.

Date: February 04, 2008 07:00PM

that's so encouraging, thanks for that. my poor little man, he loves hanging out with grandma so much and she is generally pretty healthy but i think she's succumbing to the "grandparents are allowed to spoil with treats" thing. the other day she bought him SIX presents! argh! one is good, an apple makes him happy. ah, it's a challenge to say the least.
oop, i here the baby. she's calling for some raw mama, gotta go!

(can't really post a picture of what she eats now then can i winking smiley?)

Date: February 04, 2008 07:03PM

oooh yeah I would rather eat the pineapple too!! haha

all the recipies are on my blog smiling smiley

the knickerbocker is just banana ice cream, strawberry and then a chocolate sauce made with the base..its all on my site

Enjoy smiling smiley

I took everything to work today..my colleagues were pleased I had been unbaking!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Raw since March 2007

http://rawveganlondoner.blogspot.com/

Date: February 04, 2008 09:12PM

Back to basics tonight.. green smoothie smiling smiley

Date: February 04, 2008 10:29PM

I do have to buy at least two pineapples so we can eat it all ways.

Coco,

I think you will want to do special things for your grandkids too, it may just manifest with different ideas behind it. Glad your mom is willing to accept the things you offer for him to eat at her home. Maybe you could find her some simple recipes if she wants to make them herself.

Rawdancer thanks again.

Date: February 05, 2008 03:04PM

I think some of the pictures would be great blown up and framed to hang in the kitchen like art. They are very beautiful like art and may create cravings for healthy food.
beautiful pictures. just beautiful.

Date: February 06, 2008 08:45AM

Aloha everyone,

Here are two of my favorite dinners from last week.

Kolrabi "fries" with fresh pesto

Zucchini Hummus

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Current Page: 6 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables