Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Favorite raw books
Posted by: Mona ()
Date: May 06, 2006 01:35PM

I just did a search trying to find your favorite raw recipe books and couldn't find anyone's list, so I'm hoping you wouldn't mind letting me know what recipe book you use the most. What raw recipe book has been most useful?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favorite raw books
Posted by: Alwaystriving ()
Date: May 06, 2006 03:43PM

The two that I use the most are "Hooked on Raw," by Rhio and "Sunfood Cuisine," by Frederic Patenaude.

I'd like to get "Green for Life," Victoria Boutenko and "Raw in Ten"
Does anyone have either of these? How are they?

I'm getting the books on Amazon. I'd like to get one more Book, so I can get free shipping. Anyone have any suggestions of recent releases?

Allisa Cohen's book looks interesting, but half the book is about the philosophy and other matters about Raw. I already have several books like that.

Tim

Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: May 06, 2006 04:12PM

Hi,
I got Green for life a few days ago and read it from cover to cover in one sitting. It is the most important nutrional advice that I have ever read. Comprehensive reasearch with testimonials and a recipe section. I can honestly say that the book has transformed my 'rawing' and I will be giving it to all my friends for xmas, birthdays, weddings, new babies..any excuse. It should be compulsory reading foe ALL healthcare practitioners. This book, plus one good raw recipe book should surfice anyone.
You won't regret investing in this book.
Regards Anna

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 06, 2006 07:38PM

First a list of favorite raw lifestyle books (not necessarily strong on recipes):

Blatant Raw Foodist Propaganda by Joe Alexander

The Raw Family by Victoria Boutenko (a few recipes)

Detox Your World by Shazzie (a lot of recipes)

Raw Eating by Aterhov Hovannesian

Eating For Beauty by David Wolfe (some recipes)

all the books by Viktoras Kulvinskas (some recipes)

all the books by Gabriel Cousens, M.D. (esp. Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine which includes many recipes as well)

Health Magic Through Chlorophyll by Bernard Jensen

Books that are mostly RECIPES:

Hooked on Raw by Rhio

The Complete Book of Raw Foods (compilation of many raw chefs)

Raw Food/Real World is one I definitely want to get

Rawesome by Brigette Mars

Raw Gourmet by Nomi Shannon

Living Cuisine by Renee (can't remember her last name)

...That is only scratching the surface. There are many other good books out there! I highly recommend reading up the reviews on Amazon.com if you cannot browse at a bookstore that carries a lot of these titles and choosing the ones that speak to YOU. We are so lucky to have so many wonderful authors publishing about raw foods. I have left MANY off this list that I would include if only I had time to think longer on it and go look at my bookshelf. All these are just off the top of my head and represent only a 1/3 (at best) of my favorite raw books!
Alissa Cohen's is very good so I hear - don't have it yet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2006 07:41PM by 24 Carrots.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 06, 2006 11:50PM

I have also enjoyed Green for Life

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: May 08, 2006 01:00PM

Agressive Health and Raw Perfection by Mike Nash are, in my opinion, must reads. Also, Blatant Raw Foodist Propaganda, any book by Shazzie, except the one written by her and David Wolfe, Eating without Heating by Sergei and Valya Boutenko, Raw Eating by A.T Hovanessian, Rawesome, Raw Food/Real World, Hooked on Raw, The Raw Food Gourmet, Raw Family by Victoria Boutenko, Raw Spirit by Matt Monarch, Raw Truth by Jeremy Saffron, Angel Foods by Cherie Soria, and Uncooking with Jameth and Kim. Hopefully, a few of these books with help. A few are reference books and the rest are uncooking books but all are good!

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: May 08, 2006 05:06PM

Two of my favorite books are Superior Nutrition
by Dr. Herbert Shelton and Become Younger by
Dr. Norman Walker.

My favorite magazine is Living Nutrition.

You can find the Shelton book and the magazine at
www.TheRawDiet.com/livingnutrition.html

I received my new issue of Living Nutrition today,
it is awesome! It has great recipes, interviews,
and articles.

The book 'The Detox Miracle Sourcebook' is an important
book discussing cleansing and raw foods.

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: May 09, 2006 01:45PM

Thank you for the great suggestions. I found The Complete Book of Raw Foods and it looks great. Will do more research on your suggestions. Thanks again.

Mona

So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Date: May 09, 2006 05:45PM

I love the quote on your sig, Mona.

Ain't it the truth!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: May 11, 2006 07:22PM

Dr. Gabriel Cousens "Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine" ----

Since I'm a hard science & facts person this book appealed to me since Dr. Cousens is a medical doctor - and, indeed, it sated my curiosity for holistic information from a science perspective.

Loved it & was very impressed!

The funny thing is, the flimsy hippie-sounding title is really not indicative of the contents within. My roommate found the science too heavy for her (she's an attorney).

Highly recommended for science lovers.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: May 12, 2006 03:29PM

I have almost finished Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine and it's great! Half the book is recepies and the rest is pure science and logical thinking.

I also recommend Concious Eating by Gabriel that are much more heavy.

Good reading!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables