Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

mono minimal eating etc
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 06, 2006 02:14PM

Hi Guys and Girls,

I haven't been here for awhile. Good to see the site is busy.

Last night I was going to make a mexican spiced salad w/ what was on hand at home (brocolli) and some organic vegi's I bought: corn, tomato, green pepper. Also got carrots and 2 bananas. I only need enough for one so I open up the bulk organic packages and take one or two peices.

I wound up eating the vegi's on my way home - that is the way it usually goes.

One reason I became a raw foodist is b/c of the convenience of just grabing an apple and eating it, etc.

Too much raw food, or too much any food, can not be good for the system. I heard of a guy who was an overindulger in many activities: wine, women, play, food (he was not a vegetarian). He got sick. He thought 'since I overindulge in all these things - I will put everything to a bare minimum'. He did just that and he healed and lived a very long time w/ good health, even as a nonvegi. Minimal eating, etc is where it's at.

To hook up w/ other vegi's check out the dating sites: veggiedate.org and greensingles.com and veggielove.com

much w/ less,
susan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mono minimal eating etc
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 06, 2006 07:43PM

I want to be more like you!!! Overeating and poor food choices when I get emotional is my bane.

Right on, Sister!!!

Re: mono minimal eating etc
Posted by: cattzeye ()
Date: May 06, 2006 09:01PM

Hi Susan,

I agree, part of the appeal of the raw foods diet for me is the convenience. What could be simpler than grabbing a piece of fruit, or some fresh veggies? The raw recipes always sound so good, but when it comes right down to it, just plain old fresh fruit and veggies are so much easier and tastier to me. People look at me kind of funny when I pull out a bag of veggies and start chomping happily away, or when I go weak in the knees for a delicious piece of fruit. They think I have some kind of great will power, that eating this way must be such a struggle. But actually, it's no struggle at all and requires no will power whatsoever! These are truly the foods I love to eat, and I would feel deprived if I couldn't eat my fresh produce every day.

I agree too, that too much of anything is not not good for anyone. Even too much raw food . I try to really be conscious of everything I put in my mouth. I never just mindlessly shove food in and swallow. I make it a point to thoroughly enjoy my food, but to not eat more than I need to feel satisfied. Anyway, why stuff myself, when another great meal is just around the corner?

Christine

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables