Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

India - help please!
Posted by: VeganDiva ()
Date: November 17, 2007 05:18PM

Hi All

I'm off to India shortly to do some volunteering work and am a bit daunted by the fact that I'm being told I need to have some vaccinations. Which I don't want! Thoughts welcome.

Also, any top tips re what to use as a natural mosquito repellant?

All top tips welcome - am SO grateful for any advice!

With peace and love,
Gillxx

Re: India - help please!
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 17, 2007 05:43PM

Gill,

When I was going to visit Thailand, I also read about these same recommendations for vaccinations, ie cholera, malaria, etc. I had been doing raw for a while before I went, so i didn't take the vaccinations. And when I got there, I found that my body did very well in the tropics, and in fact I thrived there and even became healthier there than being in the US.

The energy of the tropics is very healing. The intensity of the sunlight causes healing reactions in the body,which manifest as symptoms or disease. If you get sick there, just go to bed,rest and sleep and eat very little or nothing until you feel better. And after the symptoms have passed, you will feel better and will be in a higher state of health than even before the symptoms began.

Also, the fruits and raw foods there have more energy in them because of the intense sunlight of the tropics. So eating these raw foods will give your body more energy to heal itself, which again may manifest as symptoms or disease.

Vaccinations contain nasty preservatives, including mercury, and cannot be healthy for the body.

Date: November 18, 2007 12:36AM

A raw food tip I've heard about eating fruit is only eat fruit that can be peeled, that is mangos, papayas, bananas, oranges, tangerines, etc. Some people say you should wash the fruit before you peel it.

Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: November 18, 2007 01:15AM

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 18, 2007 07:54AM

From what I've read in several different articals about vaccines they all contain varying combinations of highly toxic substances such as mercury, formaldehyde, aluminium, antifreeze and the list goes on. My opinion is that no matter what your facing you'd be better off without a vaccine !

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 18, 2007 08:58AM

bryan,

i have gone to costa rica many times, and i always feel soooo much healthier there. it is tropical, but is the climate similar to going to thailand? i have read you have gone to both places.

i can't imagine it being very similar because i have not heard of needing vaccines to go to costa rica. =)

what are the vaccines for anyway? what do they protect you against?

Posted by: VeganDiva ()
Date: November 21, 2007 08:03PM

Hi all

Thanks for the thoughts and tips. I'm looking forward to all the lovely fruit! As you say Bryan, I think it's best to eat fruits that can be peeled.

I've been to India a few times before, but to be honest that was before I took such an improved interest in my health.

The vaccinations are for typhoid, tetanus and rabies and a programme of tablets for malaria. I'm pretty set on the idea of not wanting these vaccinations! Yuk!!

Thanks again for your input, appreciated.

Peace,
GillPx

Date: November 22, 2007 02:51AM

ILoveJen,

Yes, the climates are similar. I suppose the tap water in Thailand is not as clean as Costa Rica. Perhaps this and sanitation have to do with the differences of disease. The vaccines that VeganDiva mentioned are similar to those recommended for Thailand. Also, there are diseases there or which there are not any vaccinations, dengue fever is one example.

If you are healthy, and eating a not high fat raw diet, you will not have much troubles in the tropics if you been through all your detox. If you haven't, the tropical climate will expedite your body's desire to detox, which is a good thing.

When I was 8 to 11 years old, I lived in Bangkok. Every time I would cut myself, my cuts would get infected and never heal or close up for weeks, sometimes months. Going back to Thailand as a raw foodist 30 years later, my cuts would never get infected and they clotted and closed up in minutes. Its funny, because those childhood years in Thailand were the healthiest years of my pre-raw lifestyle. But the level of health I have now is far superior to those days.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables