Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hello all...I'm new here
Posted by: solitude bird ()
Date: May 07, 2006 02:15PM

Hello All,

I'm new here. Let me introduce myself. I'm a male living in Malaysia. Please excuse because English is not my mother tongue. I hope you understand what I'm saying here. I have no doubt in my mind that raw food is the best food for human being and I discovered raw food few months ago. Since I was small I get sick often like sore throats and cough and I didn't understand why. Few years ago I met a doctor who refused to give me anti biotics for my cough and he explained to me the danger of too much anti biotics. He just asked me to drink lots of plain water to get rid of the cough. And the water treatment really works.

So I began keeping a diary because I wanted to know why and how I get sick quite easily. So I began to notice that everytime I had little water, I get sore throats. I began to take more plain water everyday. Still I get tired easily and don't understand why. Then one day,(through the internet) few years ago I discovered a popular night radio program from the United States called Coast to Coast AM. It is from this radio program I began to discover some of the most amazing things like raw food.Prior to this I have to admit I eat very little or non at all raw food like fruits.

So few months ago I began taking fruits for my breakfast and supper late at night. I began to feel the energy from the fruits that I consume. One thing that I notice is that everytime I take cook food, I feel tired and lethargy.Now I'm feeling super because of raw food. I also have my own raw food trees around my house like coconut, mango and papaya. I have to admit that eating my own organic raw is much better than the ones I bought from the supermarket. Some of the fruits that I eat everyday are apples, mango, papaya, coconut juice and meat, sugar cane juice, rambutan, pears, melons etc. Anyway...durian is the no 1 fruit here and most ppl here are crazy of durian. I hope someday I will be able to take nearly 99 percent raw food everyday. Currently my intake is about 40 percent fruits with the rest being cook food. It's hard to eliminate cook food altogether since it is very addictive.

Anyway I believe that diet is not enough and my body needs some kind of exercise so I started brisk walking and casual body building/weight lifting few years ago. I do about 50 minutes of walking 2 or 3 times a week. My ultimate goal is to reach at least 100 with maximum fitness so I can enjoy life to the fullest. You know...it's hard to enjoy life if you have lots of money but sick...

That is all for now...Good Day

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello all...I'm new here
Posted by: deeds ()
Date: May 07, 2006 09:09PM

hey solitude bird

i hope your having a fine day in malaysia

mmm hmmm your diet of asian fruits sounds delish

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 08, 2006 11:47AM

Very interesting! thanks for sharing your experience, it is helpful.

Date: May 08, 2006 12:42PM

WELCOME!

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 08, 2006 05:27PM

Awesome, welcome!

Date: May 09, 2006 06:06AM

great to hear from U!
how about eating raw vegetables too? especially leafy greens...that r sooooo good for us & our health & healing & detoxification....?...
also, try doing some yoga stretches, they are very good for our well being,
i do some every night, before going to sleep....yoga is like an internal massage that U do for U'r self, & it helps th move all the toxins, also unblocks energy flow....i LOOOVE my yoga exercises, & am gettings slowly still more flexible, even though i've been doing it for yeeeeears, & am a yoga instructor ( not a master)
LOTS OF LOVE & BLESSINGS, Namaste, Basia

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 09, 2006 08:07AM

Welcome, Solitude Bird. You're very fortunate to have all of those lovely fruits in your backyard. It sounds like you've take the first step towards gaining control of you health.

Best wishes,
Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables