Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm new
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 09, 2006 06:11AM

Hello everyone,
My name is Ashley and i'm 18 years old. I have read about the raw food diet for a long time and finally decided to try it. I am trying to turn my life around. I have had an eating disorder for about 4 years not and have been pouring diet pills and laxatives into my body since i was 14. I want to change all of that and be healthy. I'm tired of feeling like crap all of the time. I really need your guy's suport and advice. thanks so much!
Ashely

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm new
Date: May 09, 2006 06:27AM

Wow! thank U for sharing...Welcome on the Raw Trip wagon!
U r sooooo lucky/blessed, after all, as U have found this way of living now, when U'r this young, not yeeeears later, as i did, after maaaany years of wrong/not healthy eating habits, that wreck our health & make it so much more difficult/longer to come back to health, to detox & heal our system...
just take it easy, try to increase the amount/percentage of raw in U'r diet...& follow the cravings from the healthy department, meaning if U'r body calls for something, have it...U need it...
-don't eat between meals....if possible, but sip on water instead,
- get all the rest/sleep U'r body calls for
- try some juices, if time permits, especially those made with leafy greens & fruit combo, & green smoothies ( made from the same combo) as t hey r a nice treat for the raw/living food lover, especially the beginner
- of the cooked foods, i'd suggiest quinoa, millet, backwheat & sweet potatoes...since U'r still in transition period
- post any questions that arise as U go, & we're all here to help U...
WE LOVE U.....& WE'RE HAPPY U FOUND US!
LOTS OF LOVE & BLESSINGS, Namaste, Basia

Date: May 09, 2006 06:32AM

thank you so much. I feel loved and welcome here.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 09, 2006 11:09AM

-You are certainly welcome here!

Advice:

-Do all the research....talk to all the people......read any books......talk online......

....but eventually make a list of all the goals and dreams you have. Then underneath each goal, make a list of 5 VERY SMALL things you are prepared to do (and want to do) to reach each of YOUR goals.

-The important thing is not achievement - but excellence in attitude and process. This is a choice you ALWAYS have - and CAN exercise in any moment....regardless of outside circumstances. Don't you think?

-You can rely on the intelligent people on this board to give you some GREAT advice.

-David Mason

Date: May 09, 2006 10:29PM

Welcome, Ashley! Congratulations on making such a positive choice for your health! By the way, one long-time raw food pioneer who himself suffered from eating disorders for many years is Viktoras Kulvinskas. He said that (and I promise I do not make any money for telling you this) after he started taking AFA algae on a daily basis he was able to overcome his eating disorder and not before. Even though he had been in the public eye for over a decade as a raw foodist he secretly still had the disorder (bulimia) and felt so hypocritical. Then after the algae helped him then he publicly confessed he had that disorder up until then. I just wanted to mention this because you might want to check out any books he came out with in the last 12 or so years.

(P.S. I am now getting my AFA algae from Ancient Sun. They have a website. I get the Animal Manna because it is less expensive but it is a slightly lower grade and fine for human consumption.)

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 10, 2006 03:40AM

Baby steps, lots of them... knowing as specifically as you can what you want, and how to get it. Noticing your mistakes, and becoming bored with them. Cherishing your successes.

I'm on the path with you. Keep us up to date, and good travels to you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables