Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

detox symtoms .
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 28, 2007 02:07PM

Hi everyone, hello from sunny if chilly Bristol, England...
Just joined today in search of support from the like-minded...
I have now been raw (about 90%) for 35 days and so far have suffered a uterine infection (for which I took antibiotics) and at the same time a bad cold with fever etc. Then as I thought I was recovering last week I found myself totally lifeless and exhausted and felt like my connection to life force had been cut off... had to lie down and just give in to it... Then last night I ate some steamed brocolli and some fish and I feel a little better today.
I have been vegan (apart from a little fish) for about 2 years now and have been vegetarian for several years before that. I have also been an organic eater for 3 years, so going raw is neither a huge upheavel nor an appetite struggle for me. I LOVE it!!! It was a natural progression for me. I have no intention of going back.. But how long should I expect to have detox symptoms? I will add that I underwent a 3 day water fast a few months ago... had a banging headache and couldn't even stand up! I would have stuck it out for longer but my son couldn't bear to see me...
It is difficult when my friends and family see me sick...I usually pride myself on my youthful energy... I hate to upset them and want to be there for them...
Advice please... xxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: detox symtoms .
Date: November 28, 2007 04:43PM

I have had a detox symtom of a 3 month cold and heard many theories of why. My mother said, I'm dying because I'm on raw food. My friends said I'm allergic to raw food, etc etc.

As David Wolfe explains, it takes 1 month of detox to rid yourself of 1 year of SAD.

One book that helped me in the beginning was "Sunfood Diet Success System" by David Wolfe. He made me see a lot different about the raw food life style. I loved the book.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 28, 2007 06:50PM

Thank you Dee for your encouragement..
I shall check out the book
Thinley

Posted by: gwenqi ()
Date: December 01, 2007 02:21AM

Colonics or enemas are a very good idea to alleviate detox symptoms. Also skin brushing and epsom salt baths. And yes, easing into it gradually is also a good idea. Take it as much as you can, but at the same time, don't take it too far. Be good to yourself!

Gwen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables