Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
where ya from?
Posted by: michelle80 ()
Date: November 29, 2007 12:26AM

hi guys,

i've been noticing recently that there really are people from all over the world posting here....and a lot of people say they are a rarity in their area as far as being a raw foodist goes. i'm a wanna-be world traveler and am curious as to places that are raw friendly....plus i thought it might be cool to see where everyone is from on one thread!

i'm from the states, but i'm currently living in salvador, brazil. it's pretty easy to be raw here...the amazon provides for tons of variety in fruits and veggies, and lots of cafes serve fresh juice....i can get my own raw cacao right out of the fruit!!!!!....but i very well may be the only raw foodist in the city!

soooo....who's next?

michelle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: where ya from?
Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: November 29, 2007 01:10AM

I live in Pittsburgh, PA but will be moving to London, UK soon. There is a raw food potluck that meets here in Pittsburgh with about 50 members. Not all of them are 100% raw. Easy to get fruits and veggies in any market, but we have a co-op and Whole Foods.

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: November 29, 2007 01:23AM

lived:
-Providence
-Outer Cape Cod (the far-from-everything part)
-Portland OR
-Western Mass
-LA
-NYC

Cape Cod was my favorite overall.
NY is the easiest for being raw...
but really, I think it depends on the people you surround yourself with. Supportive accomodating understanding friends in a meat-packing town would be an easier place to be raw than on an organic farm, where everyone cooked everything and didn't agree with or accept your lifestyle.

In LA, where there was tons of beautiful fresh fruit, I was dating a guy who didn't get it, and constantly pressured me to "just taste this..." Everyone else I was with (work) was so obsessed with fancy dinners out at chic-puke-ish restaurants. it made it so very hard, when it should have been so easy in theory.

I think it's important to live somewhere that fulfills your whole person--not only your food choices.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: ColoradoGal ()
Date: November 29, 2007 05:02AM

I live in Denver. There are only 2 raw restaurants but many organic raw grocers. Unfortunately it is shipped in most of the year but that is the benefits of modern technology. Without it there wouldn't be many choices.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: November 29, 2007 08:38AM

i live in ireland. hard to be vegan. even harder to be raw. produce is very exspensive and poor quality.

have lived in mexico, usa, netherlands antilles and bulgaria. best place to be raw is the usa. everything is available all year round, cheap compared to ireland, and quality and selection there is excellent compared to alot of places. especially in the southeast usa!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2007 08:40AM by pihourova.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 29, 2007 08:47AM

so cal

Date: November 29, 2007 02:00PM

I lived in NYC most of my life and ate SAD everyday. Movied to North Florida and seafood is so popular here, but wouldn't dear it conch, shark, dolphin, or even gator!!

I love Florida, but there is only one raw restaurant where I live in Saint Augustine "At the Present Moment Cafe" it's has only been open one year but they searve wine & beer too, they tell me it's raw, but I doubt it.

Posted by: rainforest ()
Date: November 29, 2007 02:22PM

Hi Michelle

I'm in Brazil too - Acre to be more specific. I think I'll be eating for free all summer smiling smiley Everybody seems to be giving fruit away there's just so much of it.
Except for some native people who still live off the land (and in the jungle) I'm definitely the only raw fooder in town.

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: November 29, 2007 03:18PM

southern ontario, its in Canada and its cooold out right now!!!!

Posted by: dlj ()
Date: November 29, 2007 03:30PM

Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada.
Fairly easy to do raw, but this time of year everything has travelled a good distance to get here. Some basic are available organic, but many are not. For a special treat, we can go to Toronto, about 90 minutes away, where there are a couple very nice raw restaurants. We get there about 6 times a year to visit a daughter.
David

Raw4Life

Posted by: ericajones80 ()
Date: November 29, 2007 04:46PM

northeast PA here

For My Health The Fruit Company Fruit Baskets

Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: November 29, 2007 05:08PM

lived at the jersey shore all my life.
currently living in asheville, north carolina
travel in between, and all the time.

Posted by: Azura Skye ()
Date: November 29, 2007 05:15PM

I live in Wales, United Kingdom.
Hard to find organic tropical fruit for a fair price, but there's plenty of locally grown leafy greens that are organic and not too bad a price.
I know of a few raw fooders in Wales, - but certainly the only person in my region!

Not that I'm a warm climate lover, but I do wish I could grow some more exotic fruits here.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 29, 2007 05:39PM

toronto, been in bc for the last 4 years, now we are at the southern most part of canada, parallel with the bottom or oregon/top of cali. and it's cold dude.

there is barely any organic where i am now. tons of farm land but nothing natural. not a healthfood store in sight either, good thing i have the internet!

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: November 29, 2007 05:40PM

I live in Quebec, Canada.
yes, it's getting quite cold, here (brrrrr)
Wish I was in brazil too!!! lol

Cynthia

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: November 29, 2007 05:42PM

I'm currently living in London, England. Quite a good raw scene here, regular potlucks and a couple of places to eat out raw. Although I much preferred it when I was living in southern Spain, the quality and variety of fresh fruit was so much better and it was a lot easier to grow my own food.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: November 29, 2007 05:58PM

0-18 years old; Boston suburb
18-30 years old; Central Vermont
30-34 years old; Key West Florida
34-present(41); Maui

Only been raw for the last 6 months, but couldn't imagine a better place to be raw than Maui...fresh fruit and sunshine everywhere!

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: November 29, 2007 06:10PM

I live in the California Central Valley, surrounded by almond orchards.

Posted by: lacombe ()
Date: November 29, 2007 06:55PM

i live in central alberta which is in western canada.this is beef country however there are a lot of vegans in town here but not much of a raw scene.

we used to live in downtown vancouver beside granville island and there is almost every kind of fresh fruit and veggies there.

minus 29 here today with the windchill. i'm thinking of warmer places too.

cheers
charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2007 06:56PM by lacombe.

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: November 29, 2007 07:27PM

I'm originally from Germany. Colder weather but cheaper produce. I am in SoCal now and was quite shocked about the price of groceries in general and produce...anything that is more than $1.50 per lbs is just outrageous to me, my husband calls it the sunshine tax....price to pay to live here so beautifully smiling smiley

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: November 29, 2007 11:51PM

"i live in central alberta which is in western canada.this is beef country however there are a lot of vegans in town here but not much of a raw scene.

we used to live in downtown vancouver beside granville island and there is almost every kind of fresh fruit and veggies there.

minus 29 here today with the windchill. i'm thinking of warmer places too.

cheers
charlie""

holy crap, charlie......THATS FREAKIN COLD!!!!

sending you warm warm wishes from camille!!! hope you are well!

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: November 30, 2007 01:43AM

haha lots of Canadians. I guess winter is here!! I live near K-W Ontario, Canada

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: November 30, 2007 03:19AM

Yes, a lot of Canadians!! I'm surprised.

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: November 30, 2007 03:18PM

Currently SouthWester VA, Close to Mt Airy (mayberry) North Carolina. Originally from somewhere in the twilight zone winking smiley.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 30, 2007 03:35PM

Boston, MA area -- Cambridge, MA to be exact. Big clean, pretty, progressive (but expensive!) university town with a beautiful river and the ocean nearby.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: November 30, 2007 04:36PM

Spokane, WA! Any other Spokanites out there?!?!

-Angie

Posted by: lacombe ()
Date: November 30, 2007 04:48PM

thanks camille

if the weather stays cold much longer i'm going to have to wear a jacket when i go out lol.

Posted by: fmsing40 ()
Date: November 30, 2007 08:18PM

Hi- I'm from West Tennessee. The Kroger's here are getting more and more organic produce and some even have a big health food section. I love where I live.

fmsing40

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: November 30, 2007 08:55PM

I'm from Vancouver Canada and still live here.....it's easy to be raw here cuz there are greengrocers everywhere.

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: November 30, 2007 10:31PM

I'm in Pittsburgh, PA, but looking for a better place (with clean air, more sunny days, free-thinking and loving people, etc.).

XOXO

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables