Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

i am so excited! grinning smiley
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: November 30, 2007 11:17PM

i just purchased a guava tree, an already fruiting pineapple bush, and a papya tree yesterday! they are so beautuful :] i got them for such a steal too, only $20 for each of the trees (which are 7 years old!!) and $40 for the fruiting pineapple (there are 3 pineapples on it smiling smiley they are all my christmas presents, and are deffinately the most memorable gifts ive ever received!
my quest to become more independent when it comes to food is coming along swimmingly.

have any of you aquired some new additions to your garden?

i also have a random question about whether or not olives can be grown in north florida, and if anyone has had any experience with this?

thankyou and peace everyone! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i am so excited! grinning smiley
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 01, 2007 12:39AM

The edible kind, no, you need a Mediterranean climate for that: California will do it but not Florida.

You can do lots of citrus (with winter protection), figs, and muscadines, though, and a bunch of other things.

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: December 01, 2007 01:36AM

Congratulations!!! May they always bear the most tasty fruit you've ever eaten!

Love,

Gypsy

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: December 01, 2007 12:23PM

way to go, fuzz! where there is a will there is a way. so proud of you.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: December 01, 2007 10:40PM

Good for you Fuzzy!! I am finally getting some figs off my fig tree. It took years to produce.

Posted by: D'vorah ()
Date: December 02, 2007 01:52AM

fuzzysox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> have any of you aquired some new additions to your
> garden?
>

I live in Alaska, so, no garden, but I did just purchase a self-watering sprouter. I have to get it out of the box and fire it up!

Where in Florida are you? I'm from Tampa, I go back there and to Ft. Walton every year.

Congratulations on your new babies!

Deborah

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2007 01:53AM by D'vorah.

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: December 02, 2007 04:26AM

Sweet! I always wondered if a Bobaca Papaya tree would grow here indoors.... a nursery around here sells them for that purpose. I LOVE all the fruits you mentioned!!!! MMMM! Here in the Inland Northwest - Spokane WA to be exact - we can grow things like blueberries (holes are dug for next years big purchase!), Nanking cherries, tree cherries, apples, and pears... that's what I put in this year. No wonderful tropical fruits, but fruits nontheless!! Got a Ranier, Bing and Pie cherry combo, Transparent (sour) apple, and dwarf red d'Anjou pearz. They sell the 6 ft. trees down at the Sprague Farmer's Market in Spokane, WA for only $15 bucks! What a steal, considering other nursery's want $40-$60 and upwards.

-Angie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables