Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

For the Raw Vegan Fitness Freaks
Date: May 11, 2006 12:57PM

High guys

For anyone that doesn't know I run a forum called Fruitarian Life and Fitness It's open to Raw Vegans that are supportive of a high fruit diet and interested physical fitness.

My plan is to make the forum open to anyone that simply wants to get fit and enjoy life to the full.

So if you are a Raw Vegan fitness freak like me wanting to build on what you have or just simply need motivation and encouragement to have more of an active life with other like minded people then come check us out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For the Raw Vegan Fitness Freaks
Posted by: Oneris ()
Date: May 11, 2006 04:43PM

Do you run much? How are you with endurance excercises?

Date: May 11, 2006 05:46PM

I don't go running yet but I'm planning on going trail running soon but I'm much better than I used to be when I was on cooked food.

I used to play pro Rugby League in Britian so my fitness and strength were always important but since going Raw and gone through all the changes I'm feeling younger and fitter.

My recovery times from workouts are faster too.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 11, 2006 06:10PM

Ah cool. Which team(s)/year(s) did you play Rugby League for? I used to be a Rugby Union fan when I live in the UK, something about league never got me quite as excited (probably because I play rugby union for high school), but I still watched league games. Anyway, I really nice to hear of sports-pros who are raw/vegan/fruity/etc. What position did you play?

I hope you didn't bite any ears off! ;-)
(Or get your own bitten off.)

Cheers,
Ian.

Date: May 11, 2006 06:36PM

Hi Ian

I played on the wing (#2) for Oldham and London Broncos. I played pro early 80's to the mid 90's.

I played on tv a few times (sky sports)

How about you?

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 11, 2006 06:51PM

I play for Gairloch high school in the north of Scotland from '83 to '90. I was a hooker, but then i got big they made my a prop (both tight and loose end). I gotta say i enjoyed playing hooker a lot more than prop and I could get the ball 99% of the time.

After the teacher strikes we were the only state school that had a rugby team, so we played only against private schools (who trained constantly) and got trounced every time. Hell, we happy if we scored half the time. ;-)

Ah the memories of running around in sleat and hail, being happy because the mud hadn't frozen yet... of course we play when the mud froze, but i don't like to think of those times. Mmmmm, glad I moved to California. ;-)

I've been running a lot lately and toying with the idea of playing rugby again.
Maybe finding a local union team.

Cheers,
Ian.

Date: May 11, 2006 07:36PM

Yeah I have fond memories too and I have all the scars to prove it! ....(smile)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables