Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

TO DAVID MASON
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 08, 2007 03:55PM

hey davey

u had a response to jgunn's nepal adventure

and u said something about never having a problem about having a problem and they will pass u like strangers in the night

and i was intrigued by that

acceptance

can u tell me more about that line of thought?
would like to explore it some more

i always think about transforming them ( problems) ... as a springboard

to spring to a new level

like i think of using problems as 'currency" to make me something better

but that is still "having a problem with a problem"

and i was wondering what your line of thinking was in relation to acceptance
or non acceptance

or... if u could just elucidate it some more

i'm interested

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TO DAVID MASON
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 08, 2007 04:03PM

Hey LaV! Sure. These days what most folks could learn....is a form of PROCESS....a form of 'radical acceptance'. It is a skill that can bring great pleasure and vitality to even the most 'negative; circumstances. What do you think?

-When problems (stuck energy) are viewed as a challenge to be accepted and worked though....and allowed at a fundamental level....that stuck energy returns to it's source....and is absorbed....and the individual gains great skill/achievement. Having a problem WITH having problems.....is...as you say...NOT ACCEPTING and REJECTING the now moment at a fundamental level.

-The most fundamental skill/art that a person can possess is to have the skill to bring true friendship/friendliness to the now moment....every moment......in its many forms....not just the forms we 'like'. The skill of bringing happiness ensures happiness.....while the search for the right circumstances/people/truth to gain happiness ensures transience, unhappiness, loss, suffering (as the buddhists say).....and often leads to non-acceptance.

-What are your thoughts?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: December 08, 2007 05:48PM

What I'm understanding is that one may face a situation that needs to be resolved (aka a problem), however at at times we resist the challenge of accepting the reality of the situation, and instead fight coming to terms with it.

By doing so however, we are detouring valuable energy away from finding a solution to the original challenge and spending a significant amount of that energy resisting accepting a reality that we don't like and cause unnecessary delay in addressing the important issue.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: December 09, 2007 12:00AM

face reality I say

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: December 10, 2007 05:00AM

Wow, you know I just want to say I really appreciated that. I have lately been feeling very stagnant in my life, and very resentful for it. Also I have noticed that once I became really resenting my situation, I have been feeling more deeply stuck. I like you're advice of seeing my current situation as a challenge, and accepting that challenge. Off I go! Thanks!

Date: December 10, 2007 05:31AM

hey davey!

i'm glad i asked
its true that if for just a moment, i just say "well, this is where i'm at.. and its all good despite the outcome that will result from my making a change"

then there is a feeling of peace that overcomes me
i like your thought about "making friends with each moment"

i know some people can distort or pervert that statement by saying " hey.. but what i you are freeezing in the snow... or whatever..?"

i see your statement as saying that acceptance is the best way to empower oneself and if one accepts... that can mobilize all the other energies ( that would have perhaps previously been used in resisting) to create the vision of whatever it is that you would like to see

cool

so refereshing too

its no wonder why your fruit and vegetables do so well

because you ACCEPT them all JUST where they are ( whether they are just hibernating seeds, hopeful roots, inquisitive sprouts, or their eyes have just peeped out of the soil)

that is a nice way of thinking

there were moments when i did think that way in the past

amazing how i forget what brings me peace LOL smiling smiley

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: December 10, 2007 03:09PM

Very helpful thoughts Dave. Thanks.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: December 10, 2007 06:57PM

David, Thank you so much... and LaV, thanks for getting this started.

This thread couldn't have come at a better time.
I just got home from visiting my parents in Florida. Learned my Dad has Alzhiemers and I've been in a war with my thoughts for days... fighting everything, ...trying to "stay strong" for my family, ...kicking myself for not being strong enough, angry at now... sad about tomorrow, ...stuck, ...ugh.

Radical acceptance! Ceasefire... breath... gratitude...

Thanks for this nourishment!

Aloha nui loa, Greg

Date: December 10, 2007 07:39PM

You've definitely got challenges in your life Greg. I know you'll be strong. We all support each other - you know? Each part of watch doesn't HAVE to tell time - if it can mesh with the other gears. smiling smiley What does Wayne Dyer say? No tree is foolish enough to have branches that fight amongst themselves. Oh...and "You'll never make yourself sick enough to make ONE other person healthy."

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: December 11, 2007 10:04AM

Hi Maui Greg,

all I can do is give you a cyberspace hug

Hugs

your situation is deeply felt

as for being "strong"? I've seen people whose parents had Alzheimers and they didn't even recognize their own son/daughter. That could hurt to the core. It is foolish to feel 'strong' in situations like that. Let yourself cry.

or be angry ( even) because there is nothing fair about it

If there came a day when my own parents didn't recognize me , I would cry an OCEAN of tears.

hugs again

LV

Posted by: rainforest ()
Date: December 11, 2007 09:39PM

I have to say I'm a big fan of yours, David. You have such a great approach to life!
The thing you said about having a goal other than health (what you want health for) changed my whole perspective in a really positive way. And this thread further inspired me. Thanks a lot

Date: December 11, 2007 11:17PM

Thank you Rainforest! That warms my heart. smiling smiley Happy holidays!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 12, 2007 12:19AM

Yes, I find life a puzzle sometimes, and yet I know that all the pieces can be found, it's a matter of looking for them. Each problem, event, or turning point has it's own puzzle, small, med. or large..and sometimes we struggle with looking for those pieces and many times if not always they are hiding in plain sight, or are already inside ourselves, or we keep searching with a focus on finishing the puzzle we happen upon the lost piece that puts it all together..now that's pretty cool.

Sometimes, a puzzle maybe be worked on for a long time, some don't find the pieces, yet I know that the pieces are there to be found, sometimes we need to grow and become aware of what to actually look for before we can find the right pieces. I don't work on real puzzles, or crosswords, games, etc...I think life is the real puzzler and for me I like to de-stress by thinking quietly, meditating on it, reading and learning new things about it. Will we ever know how the big picture of the Universe is put together..I think when we die we have full insight and awareness of what is actually important, and gain all knowledge there is to know, which might end up fitting onto the tip of a pin, or it may just seem so small and so important because it's so simple.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 12, 2007 12:52AM

yikes! suvine that is quite the picture. i sure can see a lot of you. nearly singed my eyeballs smiling smiley

"When problems (stuck energy) are viewed as a challenge to be accepted and worked though....and allowed at a fundamental level....that stuck energy returns to it's source....and is absorbed....and the individual gains great skill/achievement. Having a problem WITH having problems.....is...as you say...NOT ACCEPTING and REJECTING the now moment at a fundamental level."

thanks david. this is the essence of what i mean when i talk about resisting and not taking responsibility for negative feelings. they are only negative if that's how you choose to view something. things that happen are neither negative, nor positive, they simply are. the other stuff is what we attach to it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables