Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bird Flu?
Date: May 12, 2006 03:55PM

Does anyone else have anymore info on this?

:wave:

Bird Flu Hoax
Do you know that 'bird flu' was discovered in Vietnam 9 years ago?

Do you know that barely 100 people have died in the whole world in all that time?

Do you know that it was the Americans who alerted us to the efficacy of the human antiviral TAMIFLU as a preventative.

Do you know that TAMIFLU barely alleviates some symptoms of the common flu?

Do you know that its efficacy against the common flu is questioned by a great part of the scientific
community?

Do you know that against a SUPPOSED mutant virus such as H5N1, TAMIFLU barely alleviates the
illness?

Do you know that to date Avian Flu affects birds only?

Do you know who markets TAMIFLU? ROCHE LABORATORIES.

Do you know who bought the patent for TAMIFLU from ROCHE LABORATORIES in 1996?

GILEAD SCIENCES INC.

Do you know who was the then president of GILEAD SCIENCES INC. and remains a major shareholder?

DONALD RUMSFELD, the present Secretary of Defence of the USA.

Do you know that the base of TAMIFLU is crushed aniseed?

Do you know who controls 90% of the world's production of this tree? ROCHE.

Do you know that sales of TAMIFLU were over $254 million in 2004 and more than $1000 million in 2005?

Do you know how many more millions ROCHE can earn in the coming months if the business of fear
continues?

So the summary of the story is as follows:

Bush's friends decide that the medicine TAMIFLU is the solution for a pandemic that has not yet occurred
and that has caused a hundred deaths worldwide in 9 years.

This medicine doesn't so much as cure the common flu.

In normal conditions the virus does not affect humans.

Rumsfeld sells the patent for TAMIFLU to ROCHE for which they pay him a fortune.
Roche acquires 90% of the global production of crushed aniseed, the base for the antivirus.

The governments of the entire world threaten a pandemic and then buy industrial quantities of the product
from Roche.

So we end up paying for medicine while Rumsfeld, Cheney and Bush do the business.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bird Flu?
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 12, 2006 05:52PM

Yeah, it's just scare mungering BS. interesting to see the points that's purpose is to drive profits for the corrupt. Personally I don't take notice of anything with less than a 20% fatality rate. And even with something with a high fatality, well, I got say there are probably too many people anyway so it's not really a bad thing. But that's just me. winking smiley

Peace,
Ian.

Posted by: Oneris ()
Date: May 12, 2006 06:44PM

I work for the Salvation Army and this is funny, cause I actually did a powerpoint presentation on this exact thing less than two weeks ago. I'll give you the real facts that we obtained from the County of San Diego Health & Human Services Agency.

-----------------------------------

-Avian Flu is caused by viruses that affect wild birds and typically do NOT affect humans.
-Caused by a new avian influenza A virus - H5N1
-Caused the current outbreak of bird flu that began in Southeast Asia and now seen in over 40 countries in Asia, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
-Millions of birds have died and some humans have developed the disease.

PANDEMIC
-A pandemic is an outbreak that occurs worldwide and affects many people.
-Caused by new types of flu viruses typically an animal virus such as bird flu..
-Can cause severe disease in humans.

First recorded Pandemic was the "Spanish" in 1918-1919, killed 20million worldwide, 550,000 in the U.S.
"Asian" pandemic, 1957-1958 killed 70,000 in the U.S.
"Hong Kong" pandemic of 1968-1969 killed 34,000 U.S.

-Currently almost 200 confirmed cases of human infection of bird flu have occurred worldwide since 1997.
----------------------------------

My personal conclusion: This is only really impacting the very old, very young and the very unhealthy.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Date: May 12, 2006 06:52PM

Thanks!!!

Date: May 13, 2006 01:19AM

Thank you so much Lois.

F1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables