Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What will you manifest with your raw energy?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 12, 2007 04:41AM

As we eat vibrant raw foods, we find that our foods don't take as much energy to digest, and there is more energy available for healing. If we are lucky, our bodies use this energy to detoxify ourselves and to build a new body based on raw foods rather than the cooked foods that were used before.

But there is a potential dark side to this new abundant energy. With this extra energy, we can manifest whatever our minds desire. For a person with a healthy perspective on life, this means more health, feeling better, being happy. But this is clearly not the typical outcome of many who start the raw journey. In fact, for many their health gets worse or they become too sensitive on raw, and everyday ordinary things are too painful to tolerate and again the health degrades. Or in some extreme cases, where there is already a neurotic tendency in the individual, the person manifests their worst nightmares.

There seems to be different ways people choose to deal with this abundant raw energy. There is a group of people who channel this energy into physical fitness and athletic activities. Some of these people push the fitness envelope, creating a level of physical ability that seems exceed the norm. From what I can tell, this seems to work well for people who choose this technique and it seems to create a nice balance. On this forum there was Fruitarian One, and I've met others at some of Doug Graham's events. By the way, physical work also seems to be a way to ground the energies. When I do a full day of physical work, I have less energy at night to deal with.

Many people (myself included) will use foods to ground these abundant energies. This means eating heavy fatty foods to ground. For many this works, though there is a price to pay: sluggishness if you eat more fat or more food than your body can tolerate. Also, for some, eating raw fats will never ground the energy. So these folks are driven to lower vibration foods whose digestion will ground the energy. These foods could be cooked foods, or they could be fatty animal products. While this works for short term, long term it has health consequences, especially if there is overeating involved, and for many it is a ticket back to eating cooked foods.

Some people will channel their energies into their emotions. There are some that this will manifest as love and bliss and joy. I get this from time to time. But others will channel their energies into depression, anger, fear, anxiety, stress, worry, etc, and this leads to needing to ground the emotional energies with comfort eating, which might look exactly like eating to ground.

One way I use to ground the energy is to divert the mind. This could be watching a movie, or listening to music, or reading a book, or surfing the internet. For me, surfing the internet has become the mind diversion of choice. I am sure there may be health consequences to this (say like carpal tunnel syndrome), but I seem to be eluding these consequences for now.

But sometime I tire of my grounding techniques: I get tired of the Internet, tired of mental stimulation, tired of eating to ground. So then what do I do?

When I realize that I am trying to ground my energy, I play with consciousness. The first thing is acceptance. I accept that this energy is up, and that my mind wants it to go away, but that isn't going to happen unless I do one of my grounding techniques. Except I am tired of doing them, so I don't do them.

Then I play with gratefulness. I feel my heart, and I feel my body, and I feel grateful for the energies that I am feeling. Sometimes I will go into a meditation when I am feeling the gratefulness. Or sometimes I will start playing with breath consciousness, watching my breath, perhaps playing with the breath or doing a yoga practice.

But sometimes, when I am feeling grateful because the energy is up, what shows up is bliss. Pure bliss, born out of gratefulness, the energy of raw foods, my spiritual practices, and the divine. I cease thinking, and I just exist and experience and feel bliss. And sometimes I even become the bliss.

So what are you going to do with your energy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What will you manifest with your raw energy?
Posted by: pineapple girl ()
Date: December 12, 2007 05:19AM

so much to think about, every sentence i start, i end up deleting. my words came out sounding like too many cliches.

after days of a raw pineapple fast, i had so much energy that i sailed through work easily yesterday, and could not sleep last night.

and after only 5 hours of sleep i was over-energetic at work today.

i wonder if occasionally drinking beer and wine is a way of sometimes grounding myself.

Bryan, what you said about what to do with this energy is coincidental with some insights i was having today.

i really hope to evolve and develop to my fullest potentials, without having to worry about any dietary caused health problems. (so far so good on having good health and a good body).

but like you said, what to do with the raw energy? i will put to good use, somehow...i am at a place in my life where i am re-evaluating who i am, what i really need to make me happy, etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 05:24AM by pineapple girl.

Date: December 12, 2007 05:37AM

The kind of self reflection you describe is a wonderful thing to do pineapple girl. I found the more I ate raw, and the more that the brain fog disappeared and the armoring of my body disappeared, the more I was in touch with what my body was feeling, and that connection became a larger factor in my every day life and the decisions I make.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 12, 2007 05:41AM

i like this post. it's very interesting to me.
i spend time with little creating things, reading, doing fabulous activities. it is it's own little bliss. we make an enormous mess and then clean it after afterwards.
i also spend a great deal of time holding and talking to the baby girl. when she is sleeping i can lay beside her for hours, watching her breathe and adoring her sweet, innocent self. it's the most incredible kind of meditation i have ever expereinced, it's transcendant. the bliss envelops me.
and i craft. i often find myself awake very late and i suppose i could do housework then but my creative energy is high, very high at those times.
i make fun, silly things to give away. there is some [www.flickr.com].
sometimes i feel... something about using up resources making things that have no inherent purpose. yes, they are interesting, fun, cute, etc. but the same could be done with things found in nature, no manufacturing involved. or i could only make useful crafts, recycling old materials.
this is reminiscent of year 3 of raw for me. at that time i was striving to be as natural as possible. i wanted to make eating utensils out of empty coco shells, and candle holders too. but then i thought about where the wax comes from, bee or petrolium, and decided not. and then i thought about the electricity that lit my home at night and thought that i should go to bed and rise with the sun (ridiculous in winter where i live). i got rid of any bit of leather, wool or silk clothing that i had, even second hand. i got rid of all my metal jewelry, i would only wear coco jewelry and hemp string (i thought about how it was manufactured though and where the coco was coming from, the fuel burned to get it to me). i started to make my own cleaning products, my own body care things but then i thought about how plant essences are manufactured and the energy used and plant life destroyed in the process just so i could smell like a flower. i gave away semi precious stones and sea shells taken from the earth, so disappointed in myself for taking where those things come from for granted.
and then i thought about crafting. where the embroidery thread came from, the beads, the paper and fabric...

i was making myself crazy. the only fun i allowed myself was, well, sexual in nature. that's natural and good exercise to boot but... i missed crafting. heh. it is my first real love.

now i am so much more balanced. i still retain a consciousness of those issues and they affect my choices but it isn't where i direct that energy anymore. i am more grounded in the here and now and it feels good.

i am utilizing the internet quite a bit i feel. it is there whenever and for however long i want which fits around my erratic schedule of kitties and kiddies. but, i think less of it is in order. there are some changes happening to my house very soon that will shift energies around a bit. then i will have a more clear space to use that energy for other things. working out, organizing my studio and possibly starting to craft on a large enough scale to be profitable. refining our diet for the winter months. finding ways to feed little more raw. starting to feed the wee girl.

i do have a lot of energy, it's true. even more when i exercise and am higher raw than now. i live in a very quiet town with not a lot going on so it's a good thing that i have much to occupy myself with.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 05:43AM by coco.

Posted by: Delphine Hano ()
Date: December 12, 2007 05:54AM

Thank you Brian for your profound post, I deeply appreciate. : )

With the abundant energy, I am even more at the Service of Humanity as they Awaken/Become Conscious.

Warmly & wishing you the best of the best Wise One. : )

Delphine
Conscious Living Coach:
Bringing Balance & Serenity to Life.
www.EmotionalSerenity.com

Date: December 12, 2007 05:58AM

ps: as far as how to ground this energy. I have found meditation, Yoga & Qigong beneficial as they help us integrate this energy then use it wisely (no burn out) : )

Delphine
Conscious Living Coach:

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 12, 2007 06:00AM

Bryan, you hit the spot for me. I've been struggling with too much of the good thing, not knowing what to do with it, and putting myself down (with foods or other means) as a result. I've realized that I feel scared of jumping in the ocean of my-self. I've been contemplating devoting more time to music (composing, playing) as I had found this helpful in the past. Gee, I feel like such a teenager, at 44! Full of emotions.

I find satsangs (singing meditations) very helpful too. The louder the better ha ha!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: December 12, 2007 06:15AM

Wow, that's real deep and profound and beautiful at the same time. Raw food meets spirit.

Date: December 12, 2007 06:25AM

coco: I was going to also include a paragraph about people who use their energy to live their life's passion. I see this with what David Mason is doing. And it sounds like you are doing this too. People who follow this path do more than survive on raw, they thrive on raw.

Delphine (I've always loved that name): you are welcome. Yes, the energy practices are wonderful to do when the energy is up.

Gosia: just jump girl! There is no time like right now. I also like singing and chanting. Nowadays I am really liking the Krishna-Das style of chants.

Date: December 12, 2007 06:38AM

Thank you Brian : ) (re: Delphine I've always loved that name)
My name means: Delphi the Oracle, Dolphin beings of love, joy ... Delphinium the blue flower, blue the realm of the heart. All fit well & my parents did not even know consciously : )

Delphine
Conscious Living Coach:

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: December 12, 2007 01:46PM

Bryan, I love you. I think you are such a beautiful person and I always enjoy reading your posts and comments. In this particular post, I love how you've organized your understanding of excess energy and how you've handled it within your own body, but also shared insights into how you've seen it used within others.

For me, I have always been on a path of digging deeper within myself to find meaning and direction. I'm more emotional than physical, so in this past year of being 100% raw I have done a lot of grounding with high fats. There is so much emotional detox that has gone on, it's too much to handle all at once--grounding is certainly necessary for the first year, I think, since one still needs to perform daily obligations in most cases (particularly if you are a mother).

Now that one full year has gone by, the emotional detox is slowing down quite a bit (what a ride that was!). So, I ordered the 80/10/10 book and I'll be starting a lower fat year in January. I expect there will be a lot of changes, since I'll no longer be grounding myself with food. However, I have some rather large projects I'm working on for next year, so that should keep me somewhat grounded.

I loved reading how sometimes you don't feel like grounding the energy--you just observe it for what it is, accepting that this is how you are at that given moment. I, too, have allowed myself to just experience it. In those cases, I usually find myself meditating or writing. I have experienced pure bliss only a few times, but those times can never be forgotten. They are what propel me to meditate more often, because that state of being/feeling of pure love/bliss is one I want to keep with me as long as I can. I can imagine one day living my life in a state of eternal bliss, using that positive energy to raise the lower vibrations around me.

When I write it is an extremely grounding experience for me. I don't consciously write during those times; I simply sit with a pen and tablet and let thoughts flow onto the page. My writing is fast and mostly unreadable. I don't write to read it in the future or to share with anyone else. It's simply a way to quiet my mind, ground myself, and emerge from the experience feeling fully present in my body.

Anyway, I mostly wanted to say that I love you, and I appreciate you sharing yourself on this forum.

Lots of love to you, always...

Gypsy

Date: December 12, 2007 02:22PM

krishna das. i am putting it on right now, thanks for the reminder. the music is so beautiful, it brings tears to my eyes sometimes.
i am very grateful to have gotten over the strange predjudice about the maha mantra. at an early age my mother used to take us to the temple for sunday dinners with a couple we rented from. the man was abusive and strange and some of our family friends referred to the chanting as "brainwashing" which all made an impression on my young mind. now though i love it so much. when i was travelling with little in my belly (an exercise in the expenditure of extra energy from raw!) i would go to any temple i could find for sunday dinner. at those times, even though i was completely raw i could eat that food of offering and feel amazing. it wasn't actually food, it was pure love that i ingested. it was incredible.

i don't know if i can describe listening to krishna das as grounding, perhaps it is so. i feel very floaty and dreamy when i listen to it which is the opposite of how i usually feel. i am generally on fire with ideas, emotion, energy. perhaps grounding for me IS being completely in my head like with the chanting.

time for a musical experiment right now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 02:24PM by coco.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: December 12, 2007 03:41PM

Great thoughts at a reflective time of year for me!

I've been trying to manage my time better and to use any extra time for yoga, spending time in nature, and meditation. I've also squeezed in some reading for pleasure. Aaah.

I love Krishna Das... and other meaningful, positive music. Often, I put some positive music on in the background while I am doing other things to counteract the negativity we are all sometimes subjected to.

I have experienced that not everyone uses their extra energy in positive ways. Ouch. <sigh> Soooo, I try to refocus, center, put the the positive music on...

Thanks for starting a great thread.

Lee

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: December 12, 2007 03:51PM

Excellent insight Bryan. Nice to see you put so plainly into words something I have always failed to describe very well :O)

Simple as it may sounds, I opt for reading these days. It focuses me more than anything for some reason and is very relaxing all around. That and exercise are my 2 standbys.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 12, 2007 06:33PM

Such a wonderful post Bryan. It goes back to what I read in the Kabylion. One does not defeat a lesser vibration with additional lesser vibrations. One cannot rule a lower law....without a higher law....multiple lower laws just won't do it! LOL.

-In the material world: 2+2+2 = 6
-In the 'spiritual' world: 2+2+2 = 2 (whatever you are putting out...in this case....2's......you get more of).

-Channeling that greater chi (what I call 'calibration' of that chi/lifeforce) is dependent on being connected with a very high GOAL....a very high idea of what YOU (as an indiviudal) represent....that can encompass those energies.

-Doing the internal questioning/queries....and being VERY HONEST with what I truly feel are the highest goals.....always gives me something to channel those excess energies.

-In the rare event that I cannot fathom the higher goal....then I locate a group that IS pursuing a very high goal...and I give of my time and money....until that energy is spent. It's all good!

-Just my thoughts.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 12, 2007 07:24PM

Bryan, is this our Christmas Gift from you?! It feels just like a present all wrapped up in pretty paper and ribbons.

I almost hate to unwrap it. That's how I am, I love getting gifts, but I like to savor them first and wait until the last minute to open them. Then after the joy of just savoring that moment is the true present that you are given, but even then, it's not the tangible gift, it's that someone gave you the gift to begin with!

I've had lots of time lately to treat myself to many healing and recuperative protocols. Sleeping has been number one, 12 hours a night, and now without all the interruptions of waking up many times, I am getting sound, peaceful sleep just about the whole night thru. 12 hours of sleeping for the most part. I feel very grounded when I wake up.

During the day, I've been reading..a lot of health oriented books, surfing the Internet for things I want to research, and I've started to get an inclination of what I want to do with some of my time and energy during the day. It started with the latest book I've been reading "The China Study". I am thinking of starting a new website something on the lines of an "official" type website called something like "International Academy of H.A.P." HAP standing for Healthy Ample Produce. I've done some rough drafts of what I want it to stand for and for the agenda of the Academy. A place where information on directing people to the whole plant food diet, with emphasis on fresh raw foods. Advocating the rise up against the conglomerates of Dairy, Meat, and Sugar all in the best interest of each countries citizens. Ok, maybe not rise up against..but more advocacy for the plant food diet..keeping it as positive and informative as one can get.

It seems daunting, too much to do maybe for me alone, too complex, and because I will eventually be working with kids in my childcare again (I have to make money) soon, I'm thinking will I have the time and energy once that happens? I don't like starting something and not completing it.

This just all started in my head a few days ago, so it's new..I have to think about it more.

Right now my energies are dissipated thru just enough activities to keep my mind occupied. When I don't have enough outside interests or hobbies, then I do get that restless pent up overwhelming desire to just get up and make a quick impulsive change in my life..cut off all my hair, move to new location, go shopping:>winking smiley It's ok that way too, sometimes it takes that impulse to make those life altering changes, and can make life more fulfilling as new adventures bring new experiences.

Sometimes like you I love to just be in the moment of that particular bliss, enjoying it and saying a little 'thank you' to the abundant Universe for allowing me to be aware of what a beautiful moment my mind, body, and spirit are experiencing. I'm not always quiet when I'm doing this, like stretching out in the morning in a warm bed, or relaxing in the bath, I could be doing a little belly dancing in my bangle skirt, or bopping up and down on my exercise ball, or playing with my little dog, or enjoying someones company, or just chatting with either of my sons.

Thank you for your loving gifts, most especially the giving of yourself.

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 07:34PM by Prism.

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: December 12, 2007 07:28PM

As I have recently been thinking about the topic of grounding, an interesting argument was brought to be about grounding and stuff like TV, movies etc.
Because those seem to be distracting the mind, actually making yourself un-grounded. Taking the mind away, leaving the here and now....
Cleaning the house can be grounding if you're doing consciously. But often times, it turns into a meditation for me lol, my mind is not there. So is it actually ungrounding further?

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 12, 2007 10:57PM

I don't know what I will manifest. I am only certain about one thing: that spending time on the internet is not good for me.

Date: December 13, 2007 03:38AM

re: What will you manifest with your raw energy?

All my life, I have let The Source, which animates everything & everyone, shows me what I am suppose to manifest next for the highest good of all. It's guidances have always been beyond that I could ever imagine, they endlessly amazes me, "Thank you !" in such moment is all I can say : )

Delphine
Conscious Living Coach:

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: December 13, 2007 11:57AM

Great thread Bryan

At first i had great difficulty dealing with my abundant raw energy.
I didnt sleep, became mentally exhausted and totally unbalanced.

I appeared to be OK on high raw, but once i ate totally raw the energy rush just became too much for me to handle.

I experimented with lots of different raw foods, then added some steamed and baked veggies in an effort to slow things down to a level i could cope with.

Every time i went back to totally raw, then the energy rush kicked in and i found myself trying to control it, so eventually, (with huge support from my family) i just decided to let go and see what happened.
I stuck to raw (no supplements spices or super foods).
I increased the amount of exercise i was doing and made sure i set time away for daily meditation (even if it was only ten mins.)
After about ten days i started to feel more balanced.

Im so pleased that I decided to let go, because now i still have lots of energy but instead of it being a huge uncontrolled rush of energy its a constant gentle supply throughout the day.

I now feel very grounded and connected. I feel a real sense of inner calm and gentleness.

What did experiencing abundant raw energy teach me?
To actually let go.
Somewhere within the experience of my letting go, i found a sense of deep understanding and inner peace.

How do i use this abundant raw energy?
Spiritually i feel a deeper connection and appreciation.
Emotionally i feel balanced
Physically i can exercise for longer without tiring and am much more flexible.
My eyesight and sense of smell is sharper.
My skin looks better, IBs and bloating has gone. No period pain at all. Pms gone!
Its amazing!

Its taken well over three years of determination and experimentation with totally/ high raw and some cooked to get to this place.
Some times, i almost gave up.
Im so grateful that i found the courage determination and support I required to get me through.

I know that without the support of the people on this board, I would not be experiencing my present state of happiness and well being.
Thank you all
Blessings Lorretta

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: December 13, 2007 03:58PM

>>I know that without the support of the people on this board, I would not be experiencing my present state of happiness and well being.
Thank you all
Blessings Lorretta<<

Ditto. And thank you Bryan for your 'grounding' presence on this site.

Right now I use some of my extra energy being outdoors in nature in a state of awe, making up for lost time. Winter has never looked more beautiful and interesting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2007 04:11PM by Dulset.

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: December 13, 2007 04:50PM

>>Right now I use some of my extra energy being outdoors in nature in a state of awe, making up for lost time. Winter has never looked more beautiful and interesting. >>

Hey Dulset, me too! Thats exactly what im doing.
Long beautiful walks with my dog. Its wonderful.

Bryan
When i came across this site, I had been through all sorts of exclusion diets trying to deal with candida / Ibs/ digestive related issues.
At that time i was avoiding any form of sugar.
Sugar was my enemy. Thats what many health proffessionals had told me.

I thank you for taking the time to explain that excess fat was the culprit in candida, not sugar.
When fat levels in the blood rise, so does blood sugar, because excess fat inhibits insulin from performing its function of escorting sugar out of the bloodstream.
The excess fat lines the blood vessel walls, the cells, insulin receptor sites, the sugar molecules themselves, and the insulin with a thin coating of fat, thus blocking and inhibiting normal metabolic activity.

It made immediate sense to me and so began my journey to the fantastic state of health I am enjoying today.
Its taken a good few years, but evey moment has been worth it.
I have learnt so much.
I really cant thank you enough!
Blessings
Lorretta

Date: December 13, 2007 04:59PM

Great post!
When I first went raw I rather quickly attracted some rather dysfunctional relationships and situations (stemming as we know from the ego's separative delusions). Hurrah that this occured since it pushed me like nothing else to clean up my spiritual practice.
Meditation, free flow dance, writing, singing and being in nature really helps to ground my energy on the raw.
I would like to manifest greater alignment with Christ Consciousness. I love the health benefits of the raw, but my motivation for making the switch was to feel clearer in my mind and thus my sense of sanity.

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: December 13, 2007 09:25PM

I have found that eating a sound raw diet will greatly help the individual find out where their resistances in life are. They will clearly stick out and poke you if you don't accept the situation and make peace with it. No longer can you say "why me? Why is this happening to me?".

I had to look at my habitual thought patterns/beliefs and gradually disspate that energy by accepting and put the energy into something that resonates with my core. I made alot of changes in all accepts of my life and continue to do so. Its kinda like clearing and creating space for yourself so that new frequencies that match have a clear channel to flow through.

Peace!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: December 14, 2007 12:39AM

flex4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had to look at my habitual thought
> patterns/beliefs and gradually disspate that
> energy by accepting and put the energy into
> something that resonates with my core. I made alot
> of changes in all accepts of my life and continue
> to do so. Its kinda like clearing and creating
> space for yourself so that new frequencies that
> match have a clear channel to flow through.
>

Yes! This is very true for me, too, Flex. For some reason on raw, when you get clean and clear, it no longer feels okay to just accept things when they can be changed for the better. For me, personally, going raw was my first step in truly loving myself. It must be that once we love and respect ourselves, we can't allow things in and around us any longer if they don't feel good.

I know it's so cliche, but eating raw foods really does change your entire life.

I've been enjoying reading all of the comments to this thread. Thanks for sharing.

Love,

Gypsy
XOXO

Date: December 14, 2007 05:07AM

Gypsy: Thank you for your love, I feel it in your words. I love you. You found the bliss! And its great that you are looking at 80/10/10. My health really soared after going changing to that diet.

coco: I had such a great time at a Krishna Das concert. The energy in the room was buzzing! And it sounds like you are a bliss junkie too.

Lee_123: I am grateful for my pain, it has been a wonderful teacher.

tanawana: I could say it, but you've already experienced it.

davidzanemason: It has also been my experience that honest internal inquiries are absolutely necessary for leaving behind the stuff that no longer serves and for embracing that which bring the real excitement in my life - the inward journey.

Prism: You are most welcome. I am feeling your love here also. In fact, there seems to be an abundance of love on this forum. And you are yet another bliss junkie smiling smiley

lemoned: yes, meditation can also be source of more energy. For me, it also centers me, which allows me to temper to even more energy.

arugula: I think I am in agreement about the internet at times.

Delphine: yes, there is nothing like being present to show us what to do next. In some sense, there are no choices, no free will. There is just showing up.

Lorretta: Thank you for your sharing. Let go, let God. You found this secret. And it is working wonder for your health I see. I love this board also. It was instrumental in my success on the raw diet. Also, I'm glad you found your way through the candida fog. A lot of people won't take the low fat leap because the common wisdom is sugar causes this condition. Bravo!

Dulset: You're welcome. I agree about this beautiful winter. I am loving the cold (which I typically don't).

Frieda Mary: Like you, I am grateful when I fall on my face, because there are always lessons in our painful experiences.

flex4life: Yes, it is the places of friction between myself and reality that I find my next lessons. And if I can get the lesson, the friction disappears.

Everyone: thank you all for sharing your personal experiences. It is personal experience, not book knowledge, that are the hidden jewels in this forum or any shared human endeavor for growth and healing.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: December 14, 2007 06:46PM

Thanks Bryan for the thread!

I am still mainly concerned with detox, so the energy highs have not kicked in yet, but I do notice energies swirling around and i do notice that where there used to be grounding with food there now is something like a void, that can easily turn into depression. With a history of severe bipolar it's tricky, this energy thing - always afraid of mood swings.

My bigger goal in this life is to touch excellence with my music and my teaching. I have recently made some big shifts there (returning to projects I always wanted to do, returning to practicing, finding more of my own voice etc.). This is wonderful and where I want send my energies. It does, however, not always work out that way - there is lots of heavy energies swirling around and tiredness, mindtricks and exhaustion. Sometimes it is easier to just depress myself.

I have learned that for me introspection is not the way to go. Inward focus tends to depress me and circulate energies in endless thought patterns. The internet is the worst here, where I am looking for solutions to the feelings whilst disregarding my heart's call and not delivering the solution through action! What i need when the energies start swirling - is to DO something. To do something that supports my goal of growth through music. Cleaning up things or doing some exercising is as much in support of that goal as listening or practicing is. Instead of waiting for the feelings to motivate me, I need to DO/ACT, and the feelings and the motivation will follow. Takes a lot of discipline and faith, but it has been a major breakthrough!

Thanks again for the post, Bryan!

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: December 15, 2007 05:25AM

What will I manifest with my raw energy?

My goal as a raw foodist is to create a garden, where people in need of fruits and vegetables (raw foodist or not) can obtain them for free.

The goal is to be as self-sufficient as possible (make own compost, well water on gravity-fed system). We have 1/2 acre of our own, and another acre that we are leasing long-term. This has been a goal of mine for the last 10 years or so.

I think on www.rawfoodchat.com I saw the Food Pyramid we are all familiar with, then a Pyramid showing how the US Govt. Subsidizes the food industries. At the bottom of the pyramid was the meat industry, then the dairy industry, then grains, and LASTLY fruits, vegetables, and VERY last was nuts and seeds. THEY HAVE IT TOTALLY BACKWARDS from what they recommend! The programs that are meant to help the poor such as WIC (in which brands and industries bid to secure their product - for example, Similac outbid Enfamil formula this last October - 14 cents a can vs. 10 cents a can) are heavy on dairy. We're talking 5 gal. milk/person and 4 pounds of cheese per month PER PERSON under age 5 in the household - that is a LOT of friggin dairy!! My friend, who's 4 kids I currently do daycare for - get 20 gallons of milk a month. 8 dozen eggs/month. 16 pounds of cheese. And NO FRUITS OR VEGGIS, except a couple of liters of pateurized juice.

[Sigh] My little contribution is hopefully the aformentioned garden. I REALLY want to help people get more fruits and vegetables into their diet who can't afford to.

-Angie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2007 05:28AM by angie1.

Posted by: Devric ()
Date: December 15, 2007 06:15PM

Since I've settled into a raw diet, I can't stop dancing. Seriously, the funk won't leave me alone and I don't care who knows it. It's also been very important for my well-being to drop out of the mainstream work world. My raw energy has given me the ability to happily deflate my ego, find independent sustenance, and enjoy living with less. I think this is a great thread. As I contemplate where my raw energy has taken me that's positive, I see the contents of an epic book. Every positive benefit of the raw diet naturally creates a thousand more. Amazing. Thanks Bryan.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: December 15, 2007 09:45PM

making beautiful art with colors, music, and dance!

thank you wonderful gifts of the earth!! i am so greatfull to be able to recieve and generate these beautiful sensations which help me grow into the magic of the very substance of my sustinance. a strong tree with roots that grow and expand deep into the earth and branches that grow and expand high in the sky allowing a sense of connection through all pathways allowing me to experience freedom and security at the same time. <3

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables