Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: When is it OK to lie?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 24, 2007 01:18PM

Opinion:

-I don't think most parents tell their kids about 'Santa' or to believe in Santa in order to brainwash them....browbeat them.....or deceive them for some ulterior motive. And, for the most part, I don't think many kids grow up highly resentful that there was a lie going on thier. Fiction....for the purpose of entertainment...upliftment...or education...is NOT a lie. Heck...from MY perspective....just about EVERYTHING is a lie......so it becomes a matter of the motivation of the story-teller...since it's all variations on stories anyway! LOL.
Enjoy your loot this Christmas everyone (or the spiritual abundance in lieu of!)

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: December 24, 2007 06:00PM

Hi all!!! I have been gone for for four days and it is now Christmas eve. Santa is coming to our house tomorrow and we are very excited.

ALL of us!!!

We BELIEVE!!

I think those of you who choose to tell your children the tuth and those of you who choose to skip the whole Christmas celebration altogether are not defined as parents through this one experience as we are not defined as parents by our choice to bring the "magic" of Santa into our house. How unfortunate for children like Fud to be told anything in that manner but I would guess that his childhood has more than one story like that one. We feel confident in this decision because the decision is surrounded by a strong and loving relationship.

Happy Holidays everyone and Joy to the world and Peace on Earth!!!

And for some of you "Ho Ho Ho!!!" smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 24, 2007 06:57PM

"santa" made an appearance at our place last night (via my mom's church group) with mrs claus and three elves, many merry jingle bells in tow. little totally loved it, the wee girl certainly did NOT! ha ha, she's just at that age of "hhheeeyyyy, YOU'RE not my mommy! WWWAAAHHH!!" oh well, i got one un-crying picture in. little thought it was terrific fun even though when they left he referred (affectionately) to him as "the fake santa" which made me laugh right out loud. very, very funny kid.

little dresses himself, can you tell? ha ha.

i DID put the small girl into something festive but she spit up on it, as usual. oh well, they still look cute!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2007 06:59PM by coco.

Date: December 24, 2007 08:06PM

Your kids are adorable Coco.

Those snowflakes in the window are beautiful.

Date: December 25, 2007 08:21PM

thank you, little made all the flakes but one. he is in love with my hole punch, heh.

hope you all had a very merry hollymas, we had such a good time. xo.

Date: December 26, 2007 05:52PM

I work as a reporter for a trade magazine. One day, I thought I was supposed to interview a CEO at 10, when in fact the interview was set for 9. I got a phone call asking where the devil I was about five minutes after 9. I told them I'd be there in half an hour. On my arrival, the CEO inquired why I was late. I told the truth. He said I should have lied and blamed it on Houston's normally bad traffic.
I was horrified.
If no one can believe the words that come out of my mouth, how can they believe the words I write?

Date: January 01, 2008 04:38PM

We tell our kids Santa is not real. My parents did the same. I think I would have been crushed as a kid to have been lied to, although I think it depends on the child's personality, I was a very sensitive kid. Now my oldest (age 6) is in school and believes Sanat exists due to the other kids. I just keep telling him he's not. He'll figure out soon enough that mom knows what she's talking about!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 01, 2008 07:24PM

hey coco

who made the snowflake that is the uppermost middle in the window
that looks like an intricate doily

neat-o

funny about little saying it was the "fake santa" ( awwww...! sniffles) LOL

i grew up reading TONS
all sorts of things
little kid fables when i was a kid, myths etc

i enjoyed them very much
and a lot of times i thought they were somewhat true even

i feel so fortunate that i had the opportunity to delve into
those little mythical mystical books ( i LOVED them!)

how was i supposed to know what was what?
personally, i didn't care and i still don't except that I'm grateful that that vista was unfurled to me at such an early age

i feel nothing but enriched by them
a lot of them were written in such a way that they were believable

and my parents didn't tell me otherwise

all films are lies too
all pieces of art where the angle perspective and size is skewed is a lie
all fiction books are a lie

certainly all advertisement is a lie

capitalism is a lie ( that we are all separate and can solely rely on ourselves)
communism is a lie ( that we can really get along to THAT degree and pull it off)

SAD is a lie
raw foodism is a lie too for those who believe in the fairy tale that it will solve ALL problems ( that is certainly not true)

what is NOT a lie?

yeah, i guess the difference is that adults are not told that such and such is true if it is a myth

but that is so untrue
just look at the government and the little fables that are concocted on a daily basis

what is worse
THAT
or the myth of Santa

adults being lied to
or kids that grow up into adults being lied to

personally, Santa is the least of my worries
he is a "lie' that I will definetely cherish with fond memories

the lies that adults are being infiltrated by
in the
1) media
2) newspapers
3) magazines
4) internet "articles"
etc. etc. is far more insidious

and those are the lies that the kids end up believing too

give me Santa ANY day

Date: January 02, 2008 04:01PM

I love your brain La_V.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: January 02, 2008 07:27PM

Such great thoughts LaV,
I haven't posted to this thread yet, but it has been running through my mind... inspiring some healthy introspection.
I don't remember when I learned that Santa wasn't "real"...I don't think that it was traumatic when I did, although in thinking about it, I realized that at about the same period of my childhood, other far more disturbing lies were exposed... and yet i can't really define these lies, I can only recall the catalysts that led to my awakening... Learning about the Holocaust, witnessing news reports about the Kent State shooting and the Vietnam war and Tibetan Monks burning themselves in protest... I guess it wasn't so much a "lie" that was exposed, but more an illusion... an illusion i still cannot find words to describe ...maybe because i was just a little guy when it all dissolved. The positive side of all of this is that as lies are exposed, as illusions dissolve, hopefully we learn to question everything and keep moving towards our truth.
The biggest lies i struggle with now, are the lies that I tell myself. I'm not really sure if they are lies... maybe they are not lies, but i sure can't prove that they are true. They are just self-defeating thoughts... mantras of failure.
I think about the time in history, when the idea of the earth not being the center of the universe was just being born. What beliefs about myself and the world do I hold onto now, that may not be true.

The awakening was, and can be painful... the questioning is good, yet sometimes I still wish i could believe in Santa.

Aloha nui loa, Greg

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables