Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

CAN ONE LIVE ON FRUIT AND VEGGIES ALONE?
Posted by: TAMJOJOADAR ()
Date: December 26, 2007 10:39PM

i AM ON THE PHONE WITH jOHN AND HE JUST DOESN/T UNDERSTAND HOW A PERSON CAN SURVIVE ON JUST FRUIT AND VEGTABLES. WHERE DO THEY GET THIER PROTEIN.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CAN ONE LIVE ON FRUIT AND VEGGIES ALONE?
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: December 27, 2007 01:26AM

Hi Tamjojoadar,

You should browse through the "Articles" section on the home-page. There's a lot of great information/resources there. I was able to find this passage that gives a quick explaination about how raw vegans get their protien:

"Question 15: What do you do for protein?

David: We get asked this question all the time! Protein is no more important than any other element in our food. When people have a craving for protein, it is really an addictive craving for cooked protein. Cooked protein does not feed the body. You can get all the protein you need from raw plant food -- yes, even fruit has protein. How is it that a cow can grow hundreds of pound of protein flesh from simple grass which hardly contains any protein at all? It is not protein that is necessary to develop proteins in your body, but the essential amino acids which are present in raw fruits and vegetables. The mass frenzy on the subject of protein is the product of an elaborate media campaign by the meat and dairy industries to push their products. The truth is no one ever suffers from a protein deficiency -- and certainly no one ever dies from one. But people die of protein poisoning en masse every day. Heart attacks, strokes, cancer, etc. are all the inevitable results of overburdening the body with cooked animal proteins.

Stephen: People always ask us how we are able to have great strength without eating any animal products, taking any pills or drugs, or eating any cooked foods whatsoever. The truth is, no natural animal ever tampers with its food. The strongest, most powerful creatures are the herbivores. A gorilla can benchpress 4000 lbs. A gorilla never eats anything except raw plant foods. A chimpanzee looks skinny but it can rip a car door off of its hinges. It's just logic. 99% of human DNA is identical to the chimpanzee. The tribes of chimps that hunt and eat meat are much weaker and don't live nearly as long as all other chimps. Simply put -- Nothing unnatural can ever have any good effect on the human body. Cooked foods such as meats, breads, pastas, steamed veggies, etc. are totally unnatural and have massive harmful effects on the human organism.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 27, 2007 02:01AM

TAMJOJOADAR,

First of all, an a all raw diet, you can still eat raw nuts and seeds. Unless of course you don't.

Even without the nuts and seeds, there is plenty of protein eating just fruits and vegetables. There are plenty of animals in nature that only eat fruits and vegetables, and they have plenty of muscle.

Most of the hype around protein is just that: hype. This propaganda was created so that people would consume more meat and dairy products.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 27, 2007 02:06AM

It is true that we can get all the proteins from plant food, fruits and vegetables.

But it is not true that "A gorilla never eats anything except raw plant foods". They all eat insects, bugs as part of the greens they eat, it may not be in large quantities but it is critical just like a little bit of gold powder is critical to many things.

Posted by: TAMJOJOADAR ()
Date: December 27, 2007 02:07AM

I appriciate you putting into words what i can't John understands and is willing to take on the 100% raw with me. My first Month i am just going to eat raw fruits and veggies while studing fun ways to create meals and ways to combine. I am always looking for the correct way to do things so i can be successful. thanks again Tam

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: December 27, 2007 08:11PM

I find it more odd how SADers can live without much of anything for fruits and vegetables.

Date: December 27, 2007 08:24PM

Hi Tam,

That's great that John will go raw with you! I think that after a few weeks you will both feel a noticable difference. When I first went raw, I noticed an overall improvement in my feeling "well" within a few days and that was all the motivation I needed to continue on this path. That isn't to say that there weren't a few rough spots along the way. I would read up on some of the detox symptoms that many people experience when they transition so you know what could happen. Just know that the detox does eventually pass and for me, it feels great on the other side! Once again, there are some great links and articles on this site that will answer a lot of your questions...and the folks here are wonderful too!

Greg

Date: December 27, 2007 08:31PM

Hi Djachi,

I respect your opinion and I realize from some of your posts that you don't buy into the raw-vegan lifestyle 100%. I'm interested to find out why you believe that small amounts of animal protien are "critical". I've just finished the China Study, so right now I'm of the belief that there is no safe amount of animal protien. Of course i could be wrong, but the arguments and research presented in the book have really convinced me. I would be interested to hear why some animal protien is "critical".

Thanks, Greg

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: December 27, 2007 08:55PM

djachi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is true that we can get all the proteins from
> plant food, fruits and vegetables.
>
> But it is not true that "A gorilla never eats
> anything except raw plant foods". They all eat
> insects, bugs as part of the greens they eat, it
> may not be in large quantities but it is critical
> just like a little bit of gold powder is critical
> to many things.

Yep you are right, primative humans probably eat bugs too. But do i want to? No thanks. There are so many people thriving on a raw food diet comprised of plants alone, that it has proven a successfull and sustainable diet to follow, if you feel you need to supplement B12 then go ahead, its not irrational given that so much of our soil's natural bacteria have been destroyed by pesticides and modern farming methods that not much B12 exists on produce these days.

However, I don't believe that getting some animal protein is critical, far from it.

The body is a protein building machine, proteins are manufactured, recycled and used everywhere and the natural body will always find a way to get what it needs.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 09:01PM by jadedshade.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 27, 2007 09:10PM

LikeItOrNot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I find it more odd how SADers can live without
> much of anything for fruits and vegetables.

Yeah. That's the real question. How do they DO that?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 27, 2007 09:36PM

Because they are eating things that eat fruit and vegetables. Eating fruit and vegetables without intermediation is the best.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 27, 2007 10:30PM

We need more of the balancing minerals that come from plants then we do the proteins that come from animals. Eat enough leafy greens, and fruits, some nuts and seeds sprouted or soaked, and you have the makings of our more natural diet. All the things we need encompassed by those foods, all plant based foods.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables