Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw for years...just looking to connect
Posted by: geneticpromise ()
Date: May 15, 2006 04:29PM

Hi, everyone!

I've been raw/living for many years now, and am finally settling in to feeling better, strong, energetic....It's been a rough road, sometimes scary with detox, trying to find my way along without the help of medical people....sometimes with the purposeful underminding of medical people, family and friends..."friends". Friendships have changed...how strange...all because of brocolli and sprouts...well, not really...changed because of their being intimidated by my renwed commitment to health.

It's painful to watch friends sicken, and, some, die, from what they eat. There but for the grace of raw/living would have been my fate.

I consider myself VERY LUCKY to have found my way through this. To this.

And I'm glad to have found living-foods.

Warmly and best wishes

GeneticPromise

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw for years...just looking to connect
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 15, 2006 11:02PM

Congratulations! You will find many intelligent and caring folks on this board (including myself) - that will support you.

-David Mason

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: May 16, 2006 01:47PM

I would love to hear more of your story. How did you begin your raw journey? How long have you been raw? What do you eat most of? How did your diet change over the years? What changes did your body go through? Did you get really thin at first and then after healing gain? What kept you motivated? I'm sure there's a lot more questions, but I'll start with those for now.

Although I've been raw for two years, I feel like I could learn more from long timers.

Welcome to the board and thanks for sharing with us.

Mona

So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Date: May 16, 2006 02:23PM

Hello, Mona! Thanks for responding to my message!

"How did you begin your raw journey?" I was sick some years ago and didn't want to take medication or have surgery for it. So I plunged into it quickly, with great faith that it would work, based on the sensible science of it.

"How long have you been raw?" I've been raw for over four years =- 100%, um with a few mishaps....

"What do you eat most of?" I eat mostly sprouts, greens, a little bit of stalky vegetables, and limited roots. Mostly sprouts. No fruit, as I feel fruit is too sweet and unhealthy. I'd tried eating fruit at the beginning and found it made me unwell, wasn't good for my teeth, encouraged a carb addiction. I also eat soaked seeds (sunflower, sesame, pumpkin)...and other sproutsed seeds, as well as micro-greens.

"How did your diet change over the years?" I went through that fruitarian stint years ago, when I couldn't digest much else. I also went through a time of eating legummes, but have stopped that, feeling they're too starchy. I prefer low starch, low sugar, lower carb foods, with bitter greens (like dandelion, escarole, etc.). I eliminated salt years ago (inlcuding shouyu etc.) and feel much better for it.

"What changes did your body go through? Did you get really thin at first and then after healing gain?" I got super thin at first (dropped about 30 lb in one month) and then started regaining after a year, but some of that was from overeating after people got nervous that I was too thin and I listened to them. I'm now a touch overweight, but that's easing as I settle into my preferred way of eating. I never get colds, my skin is great and re-elasticizing, my hearing, smell and eyesight are better, my gray hairs of going away, all kinds of pains are disappearing. Much of this happened when I stoped eating fruit. A real culprit.

"What kept you motivated?" Not wanting pain and wanting to reclaim my youth from the clutches of society, a sick family-of origin, and just wanting to be happier. My wife is also 100% raw and that helps a lot.

"Although I've been raw for two years, I feel like I could learn more from long timers." Congratulations! I'm not much farther along than you are! But we'll support each other along the way. How about you...how are you doing?

"Welcome to the board and thanks for sharing with us".

Thank YOU!

GeneticPromise

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 16, 2006 03:12PM

Yes, thanks for sharing your experience with raw, GeneticPromise! I have to ask: Why the username "GeneticPromise" and for the record what are your thoughts about genetically engineered and genetically modified foods, hybrid foods and microwaved and irradiated foods?

Posted by: Felix ()
Date: May 16, 2006 03:20PM

Could you please give us a sample of a typical day's food consumption with quantities? Thanks!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 17, 2006 07:28AM

Welcome.

Cool name. smiling smiley

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: May 17, 2006 02:35PM

HI GeneticPromise,

Thank you for the terrific answers to my questions. It's great to have you on board.

Mona

So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Date: May 17, 2006 04:33PM

Hi, All!

"GeneticPromise" name is a personal choice related to fulfillment of the promise I was born with before being brainwshed and physically hammered into insulting and damaging my body with cooked food, salt and other things we are told are good to put into ourselves. It's about reclaiming myself.

What I eat every day...I won't list quantities because everyone has to find that route themselves, but suffice it to say I don't eat more than 2 cups of any combination of things per meal, as I believe that's what my stomach can handle well.

Grens, all kinds, sprouts, all kinds, including flax (sprouted), micro greens. We grow a lot at home, my wife and I. Soaked seeds, but not nuts (too concentrated).

I don't eat fruit anymore (too sweet) or grains or legummes (both too starchy).

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Here's to healing!

Genetic promise

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 17, 2006 09:05PM

Welcome! Watch out for falling absurdities, they're everywhere! (Especially the offtopic forum, you should wear a helmet in there)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables