Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How should I expect to feel?
Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: May 15, 2006 05:21PM

My husband and I have been vegetarian for few years now, and I just started learning about a raw foods diet. I am working on switching us over to raw foods. So, how can we expect to feel? Are there any so called "side effects" when you get started on a raw foods diet? Should I make the change slowly? We did a colon cleanse two weeks ago, and a 7 day detox diet, and have always been very healthy.

Thanks in advance!

Kim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How should I expect to feel?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 15, 2006 10:59PM

Opinion:

-You should go as slow.......in proportion to how badly your habits and eating WERE....and for how long. I would definitely give yourself at least 6 months - 1 year to feel comfortable with increasing amounts of all raw. If you feel good sooner - more power to you!

-How should you expect to feel? It certainly varies. You will probably oscilate for some time......feeling energetic one moment...and wanting rest the next....having slow bowels one moment...very fast the next.

-And they say.....(and it's somewhat borne out in my own life)....that when proceeding to health....you will experience lighter variations of every symptom of illness that you previously repressed. Whether THAT is true or not.......who knows? But you WILL probably experience certain mild illness symptoms over time.

-David Mason

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables