Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

FIRST DAY RAW AND GRUMPY!!!!! NORMAL??
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 16, 2006 06:03AM

I did not plan on going raw today. I just did it. Went to a raw food eatery in Culver City but I feel really frustrated and grumpy. Like... I'm used to cracking open a soda or taking a little comfort (I ADMIT it =) in food.... Is this normal? How long should I stick with it to see if I like it and can get past this shitty part?

-RawFoodBaby

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FIRST DAY RAW AND GRUMPY!!!!! NORMAL??
Posted by: lilpaws ()
Date: May 16, 2006 07:41AM

transition periods and methods are different for everyone!
when i first went raw, i was very sluggish/tired for about a week. i wanted to go 100% raw but sometimes i would need some of the old food i was used to and honestly, i'd give it to myself! now that my body has adjusted i rarely find a need for comfort in old things i used to eat.

"I believe life should not be about 100% raw food, but about 100% health." so take whatever steps necessary to make you feel healthy, even if that means being 90% raw. i think over time, you'll probably start to dislike some of the foods you like/find comfort in now!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 16, 2006 10:24AM

Most change is hard to take spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically.

I agree with lil, if you're miserable 100% raw, back it off a bit. Your body will naturally tell you when to eliminate foods that no longer serve you. That way, your detox will be more gradual.

Good luck.
Therese

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 16, 2006 10:56PM

Exactly. If you are VERY uncomfortable.....then go back to a level where you ARE comfortable......then increase slowly.

And yes. What you are experiencing is normal.

-David Mason

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: May 18, 2006 02:32PM

Totally normal. Look at the Garden Diet (by Storm and Jinjee Taliferro). THey have a transition schedule that can help you out if you are really too grumpy. Straight to 100% from eating regular SAD is hard I would imagine. We went from vegan to raw so it wasn't too big a change (and we weren't grumpy).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables