Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A head full of glue!
Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: May 16, 2006 01:06PM

I have been ill for three weeks now.
I think im detoxing.
I feel like i have a head full of glue!

im into my fifth month totally raw. I gave up dairy six months ago.

Im craving hot food to clear my head, so i have eaten lots of raw curries and chillies.

My eustations are blocked, creating pressure in the middle ear, this is so uncomfortable. its seriously interfering with my hearing.

I've had cranial osteopathy to try and releive the pressure.

I have also been trying to unblock them by dropping my jaw, closing my mouth and snorting violently.
This can bring temporary releif sometimes.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Ive had it for three weeks now,I am worried about infection and having to resort to antibiotics.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A head full of glue!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 16, 2006 01:36PM

Are you drinking plenty of water?

If it were me in your place I'd be sure to drink at least a full gallon of water a day and would NOT use antibiotics in pill form. For antibiotics I would make fresh juices (celery-beet-carrot-onion-apple) and juice in 3-4 cloves of garlic plus some fresh ginger and then blend that in the blender with some greens. Very therapeutic. Some health practitioners say you must have at least 3 cloves garlic for therapeutic effect.

The water is key!

I went through something severe like you the first time I went raw and ended up taking enough antibiotics to kill a horse and they did no good at all. My biggest error at the time was that I was drinking almost no water!!

Posted by: lemonbalm ()
Date: May 16, 2006 01:49PM

There's so much pollen out now. Also you could be allergic to any food. Do a google search for muscle testing and have someone test you with a bite of a food in your mouth. Don't swallow and rinse before trying something else.
It took me at least a year to improve and I'm not completely over my allergies yet. I haven't been able to eat all raw yet though. If you use grains be sure to test them. I did some fasts of one to two weeks and an oj fast once. Still had the problem including fluid on my ear. I have to take herbs yet.

Date: May 16, 2006 03:38PM

Hi lemonbalm

good idea, to muscle test, its hard to think properly when you feel so unfocused and ill.
thats the great thing about posting on this site!

i have some suspicions, about my diet now that i come to think about it.
i dont eat grains, just fruit, veggies, nuts and sprouts.

We also have a lot of oilseed rape coming into flower in the area just now.
For some reason local farmers have ploughed fields and planted the dam stuff everywhere this year. I may be reacting to that. Thankyou.

Michele...

WATER!

yes its the key to just about everything!!!!!

I normally drink about 2 litres plus a day,plus fruit teas, however, i have just started a new job and my water consumption has fallen as my routine has been all messed about.

I read your post and drank 2 pints straight down.

How stupid i have been, I spend my entire life telling people to drink more water! I just hadnt realised my own consumption had fallen, dull or what!

I have no intention of taking antibiotics, its just a fear at this stage.
I am juicing what you suggested with ginger rather than garlic, as even a little raw juiced garlic feels so strong to me these days.

Thanks for your help and advice

Blessings
lorretta
Ps empty your pm box!

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: May 16, 2006 06:14PM

I had the symtoms that I was into my bed for 12 days with just water (no hunger) and drank 1,5-2 liters/ day. My pain moved from the ear to the other ear and moved along the body, it was interesting and a bit scary. But I drank and drank all day long, and slept and slept.

Finally, I could get up out the bed but then I realized that my pollen allergy was active so everytime I walked outside I snorted and it was dripping from my nose. And my sinuses, omg it was terrible. I was just like I had an glassbowl over my head and hearing my own breath all the time. I could hardly hear anybody, if I didn't hold my breath.. tongue sticking out smiley

I had so for 3-4 weeks without any improvement and when I binged on cooked food I got rid of it. It could be that my calorie-intake wasn't enough because I lost weight all the time.

Dare the antibiotics, my friend, it will gnaw you on your butt for years if you do so..

// Love and cuddeling - Jacob

Date: May 16, 2006 07:22PM

Healthybun

thats exactly what i want to do, binge on cooked food!
I havnt had a problem with this at all until now, but its real difficult just now, dont know if i will resist!!!!!!!

I have drank 5 pints of water since 24 carrots posted about water earlier, thats also numbed my appetite!

I can hear fine then very little, then everything becomes so loud, then the pressure builds again and the cycle starts all over!

Im not doing the antibiotics, its just a fear that it may have come to that!

thanks for your post it really has helped!smiling smiley

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: May 16, 2006 11:48PM

Take some laxative herbs and/or tea. Or an enema. If you have a head full of glue, that ain't the only place you're clogged!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 16, 2006 11:57PM

2nd the calorie issue. when my calories get on the lower side for a few days, my head typically starts feeling more congested. it's like my body starts going into a substandard mode or something. also, remember that it's not all or nothing, moderate steps tend to be easier for the body- i know, easier said than done when you're body is feeling off.

Posted by: lemonbalm ()
Date: May 17, 2006 12:01AM

I had believed a raw food guru who said that we get enough water from fruits and veggies we eat and found out the hard way that is not so. Now I make sure to drink at least 64 oz a day. My skin dryness has improved along with many other things. My eye doctor told me to drink more water, my eyes looked chapped. I was shocked although I had been using eye lubricant drops several times a day. It is easy to overlook the obvious sometimes.

Date: May 17, 2006 08:56AM

Hi greenie
just tried a colonic, I posted about it earlier, nothing was removed, i was very disappointed. I felt that i needed something to help boost the process along a bit!
i have resorted to the herbs, thanks.

hi cloud,

I did jump into raw, i found it easier not to eat any cooked or dairy etc. even a small amount kept the cravings going.

I have been craving cooked comfort food whilst feeling like this, but i just don't want to go there, as i did that once before, it took me a whole year to get back to eating totally raw again and it was a real struggle!
I do hear what you are saying, thank you.

lemonbalm,
i agree, although i drink lots of water, it just hadn't occurred to me to increase it, that's what a head full of glue goes for you , impairs your ability to think straight!

Thanks for all of your posts, i have found them very helpful and supportive

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 17, 2006 09:35AM

Hi, Do some parasite zapping and make some colloidal silver. Drink the colloidal silver and also drop it into the ear canal.

When I thought I had an ear infection coming on, I did that and the symptoms disappeared overnight.

If your sinuses are blocked, take an aspirator and squirt the colloidal silver up your nostrils. I had an acquaintance at work that had a terrible sinus infection and I made the colloidal silver for her to drink and to squirt and she actually got better as the evening wore on rather than worse. She was planning on going to the doctor the next day but didn't have to. She came to me the next day and said that she could breathe out of both nostrils. I didn't think that was a big deal until she told me that she had not been able to breathe out of both nostrils for years!

You could also make some tea out of Fenugreek seeds. About 1/2 teaspoon to cup and a half of hot water. This will clear out your congestion. Be sure to spit or whatever to rid the body of the mucus. Don't swallow!

Best wishes,
Therese

Date: May 17, 2006 09:45AM

Thanks Therese,
I will go and buy some colloidal silver today. I have read about it but never tried it.

my sinus are no longer blocked, the mucus is slowly releasing.

I have looked at parasite cleanses, not sure which one to go for.
Can you recommend one?

I appreciate your help
Blessings
Lorretta

Date: May 17, 2006 07:27PM

Therese

I have the colloidal silver, i put some in my ear canals a couple of hours ago, drank a little too.

I will let you know how things go,
thanks a lot for posting

Blessings
Lorretta

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: May 17, 2006 07:43PM

Ladies and Gents,

I can't say loudly enough that drinking water alone is not enough. Over time our bodies, having neglected water, have forgotten how to use it properly. Dr. Batmanghelidj, M.D., who was leaps and bounds ahead of modern medicine figured out the water cure that is suitable for everyone. If you haven't read his book, Your Bodies Many Cries For Water, then buy it. If you have been to [watercure.com] or [watercure2.com] then check them out. The three-part audio conversation/interview with Tony Robbins, who is also a raw foodist, is worth it's weight in gold. Sorry that the good doctor died before his time but his legacy lives on.

Cheers,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables