Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

chipped tooth!
Posted by: ambaryarena ()
Date: January 12, 2008 02:03AM

ahh! Okay I was eating some pineapple using a metal fork earlier when I chomped down on the fork instead of the pineapple! It's not a big chip, just a little chip out of my right front tooth. I didn't even realize it at first and it doesn't hurt.

Suggestions? I'm hoping it will heal itself? Or at least smooth itself out? Anybody have experiences with this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: chipped tooth!
Posted by: uti ()
Date: January 12, 2008 04:36AM

I chipped a couple of my front teeth years ago. I tried to just let them smooth the sharp edges off, but it became so annoying I finally went to a dentist who did a porcelain infill on them and smoothed them off. That was about 25 years ago and my current hygienist says it's a wonder that they have held up.
I've been told that teeth cannot heal themselves from above gum damages to the enamel. However, roots, gums and supporting bone structure are growing living tissue. I get my teeth cleaned once a year and since I've been raw the hygienist has very little work to do and the dentist who pops in to do a cursory exam just clucks and jokes that he's not going to make any money off THAT set of teeth. Well almost, I am going to have my first small cavity on a wisdom tooth filled this month in 23 years. The dentists have been poking it for years trying to get me to fill it and it finally got sensitive to things likes dates, so I relented.

I've talked about my diet with the dentist and the effect of eating raw fruits and veggies on my oral health. He listens politely and nods approvingly, but it's not in his financial best interest for everyone to have a healthy set of teeth.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 12, 2008 02:05PM

I chipped a tooth and it did smooth out naturally. No sign of it healing yet (but it's quite a big chip). My thoughts on teeth are that the whole tooth will be replaced when my body is ready rather than it healing.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: January 13, 2008 03:58AM

Amba :
This is a very interesting link dealing with healthy diet and teeth problems
[www.paradisenow.net]

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: January 13, 2008 02:09PM

I chipped a tooth a few weeks ago, and it's already somewhat smoothed out.
I also chipped one several years ago that I barely feel exceppt for a sloped indent.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables