Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Weird Symptoms Going On...
Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: May 17, 2006 08:49PM

I am not 100% raw yet (just started learning about all of this about 2 weeks ago). I would say that I am about 80-90% raw right now. For the past two weeks, I keep getting dizzy and VERY spacey. My head just does not feel right. If I eat something like a grapefruit, or some other fruit, I start to feel better. Is this a low blood sugar thing? Diabetes runs in my family (my mom and sister both have it)...maybe I need to get myself checked?

Has anyone else experienced this feeling? Or maybe I am not getting enough calories? I run and do yoga, so maybe I just need to eat more often?

Thanks so much.
Kim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weird Symptoms Going On...
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 17, 2006 09:49PM

Opinion:

-This 'disconnect' can often be a symptom of trying to take in too much energy.....or do too much....too quickly.

-David Mason

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: May 17, 2006 09:57PM

what are you eating? if you're just trying to survive on a bit of salad, then yes, you will feel dizzy/spacey. I get like that if I don't eat enough. I usually find a fruit/greens smoothie sorts me out in no time!

I remember recently I just had a little bit of melon for breakfast, then later I was doing yoga, and I came in and had a really weird spell, just like you described.. I thought I was gonna black out or something! It was so funny, I was grasping around for the blender, like something out of a film lol, managed to chuck a couple of bananas in and some celery, and made a smoothie. I felt fine pretty much instantaneously! (funny, it doesn't usually happen.. I can often go a long while with hardly anything to eat early in the day... maybe it's all the deep breathing in the yoga... ?

y know, if you've only been doing it a couple of weeks, don't worry about going straight into 100%. 80% (or even less) is just fine... no need to rush..
x

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: May 18, 2006 02:15PM

David Mason - when you say a sympton of "trying to take in too much energy", what exactly do you mean?

Lisa - here is a sample of what I eat each day:

breakfast - a fruit smoothie made with our homemade kefir, some fresh fruit, coconut oil and some flax seeds.

Snack - an Ezekial muffin with coconut oil on it

Lunch - some sort of sprouted beans with raw rice, topped with tomatoes, avocado and cilantro. A piece of fruit for "dessert".

snack - fresh fruit, or veggies with some raw nuts

dinner - fresh salad from our garden, a "green smoothie" and maybe some Quinoa with fresh veggies

My husband insists that I am not eating enough, but I am also really not losing weight, so wouldn't I be dropping some pounds if I wasn't eating enough? I am already fairly lean....I am 5'10" and weigh about 135 right now. Like I said, I either run or do yoga daily, so maybe I just need some more calorie dense foods?

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: May 18, 2006 02:23PM

Yes, this happens to me...if I haven't eaten enough. Just eat more and more regularly and you will likely be fine.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 18, 2006 07:17PM

Well:

-Cooked food takes a lot of energy out of the body to digest and break down - and gives little sunlight energy to you in return. The net effect is aging and death.

-People think eating fresh fruits and vegetables are just a matter of getting more nutrients....but that's just a small part of the story.

-Fresh fruits and vegetables also carry with them the sympathetic vibration of life.........a life of freedom from discomfort and pain (under normal circumstances).....

-So many people are not ready for the flood of emotions, power (and sometimes disconnect) that can come from too much power, love or positivity.

-How many people unconsciously sabotage their lives or themselves when something good is going to happen? The physical body and mind can sometimes 'disconnect' itself from something good happening that it does not understand.

-Just my opinions.

-David Mason

Posted by: brome ()
Date: May 19, 2006 07:50PM

I've found that a good dose of grass juice will dispel those symptoms. Dried juice is more palatable but expensive. Wild grass can be very good. Even an implant of grass will deliver the needed nutrients to the body.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables