Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

anyone have a suggestion about
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: May 18, 2006 03:51PM

a place, with the best prices, to order bulk organic nuts?

Muchuas Gracias,

Piano Gal

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: anyone have a suggestion about
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 18, 2006 11:43PM

I have done EXTENSIVE research into this. You will never have much luck locating truly fresh organic nuts. If a grower IS organic certified....then they are probably commercial....which means the nuts are processed & heated to kill bacteria.

BUT:

You CAN often by nuts direct from individuals on E-bay during the correct seasons (usually in the fall). You can just ask the individual about the nuts. Usually a single homeowner / farmowner will not spray his trees....and the nuts will usually be quite fresh.

-I had very good luck this year with Pecans...walnuts....hazelnuts (I KNEW those were fresh...because some still had a worm in it! Ha! ha!). I even got some fresh pistachios (still in their little fruits!).

-Good luck.

-David Mason

David - you are an absolute angel.....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: May 19, 2006 03:13PM

Thank you so much, first for doing the work, and second for being willing to share. You just saved me hours and hours. By the way, I don't think I've ever expressed my appreciation for you on this board. You are such a steady, balanced essence and influence here. I just love you! Glad you're alive and here.

PG

Re: anyone have a suggestion about
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 19, 2006 10:18PM

-Thank you Piano Girl! That warms my heart!

-David Mason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables