Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My problem with this diet - input requested
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 18, 2006 07:38PM

Greetings,

I am a 33 year old male who switched to an organic lifestyle about 2 years ago. I feel better than ever. But my diet is primarily protien, in the form of grassfed organic beef, eggs, cheese, etc and some veggies.

My problem has always been with veggies. They never leave me feeling satisfied or give me energy. I would like to try the raw food diet, but unless it involves steak, I don't see it working.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gary

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My problem with this diet - input requested
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 18, 2006 08:12PM

Fruit is where the energy comes from in a raw food diet, not veggies.

Also, just eating more raw food is a good thing. If you continue to eat some meat but also eat more raw food then that is a positive change.

Some raw fooders eat raw meat (particularly in France.) Some raw fooders eat cheese made from unpasturied milk (myself included) and some raw fooders eat eggs.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 19, 2006 11:11AM

Exactly as Rob said. Just make small, personal changes for the better in your own life!

-Vegetables give very little calories.

-I think fruits are great. Most fruit and vegetables are PACKED with usable protein.

-In my opinion, the whole idea that if you don't eat animal products....you are going to waste away to nothing is generally a myth.

-Check out the Fruitarian One (love that guy!). Or my experience, for instance. I've eaten nothing but fruits for years.....and aside from my poor analogies....I'm right as rain! Ha! ha!

-David Mason

Date: May 19, 2006 12:30PM

Thanks for the replies. I am planning on adding a lot of veggies this summer. I have read "The Metabolic Typing Diet" and it really struck home for me. Without heavy protein, I get lightheaded, shakey, cranky, etc. If I eat carbs I get high, then crash, bloated and out of it.

Fruits give me a boost, but then a crash.

Do people really it raw meat, and is that safe? Granted everything i know has been pushed down my throat by the USDA, FDA, CIA etc. I have to unlearn all that rubbish.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: May 19, 2006 04:20PM

I guess you could try raw meat, raw egg yolks,raw milk and cheese.
Until you ween yourself off most of that.
Google recipes for steak tartare.
But get plenty of fruits, vegetables etc in.

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: May 19, 2006 06:04PM

Not to judge others in anyway, but I think that most people on this board would warn you away from raw meat, eggs, dairy. In fact, my interpretation of the living foods lifestyle has nothing to do with meat or any animal products whatsoever. I see it as 100% vegan. That is just me though. You do what makes you feel best. Again, stay away from the raw meat though, the illnesses you could pick up are too horrible for words.

Date: May 19, 2006 08:52PM

If you're going to eat raw meat I think it's best to eat a lot of raw garlic and ginger with it as they are anti-parasitical.

Do you consume organic meat? I can't think of anything much more dangerous for a person than factory farmed beef.

Date: May 20, 2006 07:33PM

I eat organic meat only, yes.

I am fine with going off meat. I just need to be norished, filled, energized, satisified etc. Meat (protien) is the only thing that seems to do it for me.

Date: May 22, 2006 03:19AM

If you must eat meat, cook it! The negative karma is less that way. I highly recommend you get the April 2006 (6th edition) of David Wolfe's THE SUNFOOD DIET SUCCESS SYSTEM. Even if you do not give up meat, you will learn how to eat the most positive diet you can -- and if you are very fortunate, you will really read the book and being giving up meat as you start thinking about how most of the problems of the world would end if everyone quit eating meat! In addition, meat eating is the best way to die an early and painful death. Do you really wish that?

I hope I don't sound like I am flaming you. I am not. I'm just being extremely straightforward.

Posted by: kohlrabi_Croce ()
Date: May 22, 2006 05:30AM

24 Carrots Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you must eat meat, cook it! The negative karma
> is less that way. I highly recommend you get the
> April 2006 (6th edition) of David Wolfe's THE
> SUNFOOD DIET SUCCESS SYSTEM. Even if you do not
> give up meat, you will learn how to eat the most
> positive diet you can -- and if you are very
> fortunate, you will really read the book and being
> giving up meat as you start thinking about how
> most of the problems of the world would end if
> everyone quit eating meat!

My God, I really don't think eating meat causes *most*
the world's problems. The meat industry does cause a
lot of problems, but hardly most!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 22, 2006 07:41AM

The crash from eating fruit is probably a result of the high amounts of fat in your diet. You ought to put your daily menu into a nutritional calculator like fitday or nutridiary to see what the breakdown of carbs, protein, and fat is in your diet. A fat intake of 30% or more is a high fat diet.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 22, 2006 11:45AM

kohlrabi_Croce Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My God, I really don't think eating meat causes
> *most*
> the world's problems. The meat industry does
> cause a
> lot of problems, but hardly most!

Depends on how you look at it. Maybe if everyone stopped eating meat they would all become a lot more peacful and stop fighting and destroying the earth.

Also, one theory suggests that it was when humans started to eat meat (and stopped eating as much tropical fruit) that our brains started to become damaged, and this brain damage is what causes *all* of the problems in the world today. www.kaleidos.org.uk

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: reuben ()
Date: May 22, 2006 06:07PM

too much protein will cause leaching of calcium, = early ostioporosis. so get off meat and such as u can, the human body isn't built to process it, it's designed more like a vegan animal.
we've lived vegetarian all our lives and work hard and are in fine health, a diet high in complex carbs from whole foods like whole grains and beans, veggies and fruit, working toward more raw as we can. the problem of low calories from fresh food is more an issue of faulty soil fertility management. as soil minerals are balanced and brought up to the levels they need to be, the plants will double and triple their energy content and then some. Trouble is, farmers in general fail to educate themselves in such things, and the ag universities have always gone the wrong direction with it. I talked with the head professor once and discovered i knew a whole lot more about soil fertility science than he did. They are running on a bunch of errors assuming they are correct and don't even think to question it. They just work on plant breeding and how to use chemicals to fix all the bug and desease problems, not realizing that all the deseases and bugs would leave if the plants weren't sick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables