Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rise and Fall
Posted by: FrogQueen ()
Date: May 18, 2006 11:05PM

Hi, I'm no where near 100% raw, most of my daytime meals are raw and my evening meals are cooked or portions of it.

When I have fruit &/or veggies in the morning I instantly feel my energy soar then I feel it fall a few hours later. My attitude is even higher then I get kind of pissy until I eat fresh/raw again.

I've been sleeping harder than usual and waking up earlier.

Why is this rise and fall happening? And how do I stop it?

Plus I'm having a hard time staying mostly raw, I am pretty new to this (a second time)and not doing very well with variety.

I juice oranges and carrots (my favorite combination). I smoothie citrus/tropical fruits (yum) and combine whatever veggies/fruits on hand in nice salads. I even enjoy steel cut raw oats with fruit some mornings.

Can anybody/eveybody give me some pointers to keep on the raw and crunchy path?

Thanx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rise and Fall
Posted by: blissmummy ()
Date: May 18, 2006 11:18PM

Hello!

I feel endeared toward you like to a baby! which is why I'll take some precious time-away-from-my-baby time to reply a bit...;~D

Not that I'm any further than you are in a way, only on day 2 of all-raw, AGAIN, but this time...

But even through the BIG ups and downs ya learn a lot...

The first thing that came to mind is to eat small meals frequently...if you are used to not eating very much or very often, you might feel the need to shift your meal habits...A few hours after eating I would be wantin' some more food, too!!

Also, orange and carrot juices, individually and together I assume, create a rapid increase in blood sugar followed by that rapid downfall you're trying to avoid...Sometimes I drink orange juice when I'm really craving it (quick vitamin C when my immune system is trailing etc) but I usually use those juices in smoothies with other things. Or raw soups (mmm)

For some variety, maybe try soaked seaweed salads, soaked nuts and seeds (soaking things helps their digestibility and I often soak things high in iron like those in orange juice, since vitamin C boosts your body's absorption of iron by like 100 times, I've heard.)

Food combination can also be key. Don't worry about it too much in the beginning, as many things we love to eat aren't great "food combining" (for digestibility), but for example oats take a much longer time to digest than fruit, so while the vitamin C in fruit might help with the iron in oats, (if there is?), you might get gas...

The sleep change sounds good...

how do you feel, how does it feel?

welcome to the raw and crunchy and squishy path
:~) Adrienne

Posted by: FrogQueen ()
Date: May 18, 2006 11:28PM

Thanx Adrienne

I would love to say I'm eating about four times aday but realistically I'm sharing about three times aday.

The folks in my office often ask for some of my fruit and veggies... things that if it was left up to them to choose at home they wouldn't but since it's in front of them their bodies crave it. So I share the life! I guess I need to pack extra!!!

I'll have to try eating a few more time throughout the day and see if that helps... snack foods! I love to graze.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 18, 2006 11:38PM

Just my opinions / thoughts:

The above posts are GREAT! The whole philosophy of true healing is you DO NOT try to stop symptomology. You must be MORE aware of your symptoms...and their causes....and be honest about what you really want: true healing....or more of the lifestyle that places a person in a painful situation to begin with.

-On the practical side: get plenty of rest when your body demands it....and eat frequent light meals.

-David Mason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables