Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Master Cleanse and Winter Diet
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 26, 2008 09:22PM

Hi, I'm new here. I searched the site for posts about the Lemonade cleanse to see if anyone had mentioned it. I'm in the middle of one right now and came upon this site searching raw food recipes! There are some great ones here. I'm excited to start preparing many tasty things in my food dehydrater to save up for when I come off the cleanse. I love preparing beautiful vital food. I've done the cleanse once before and gravitated to raw food when I came off. Stayed with it unitl the holidays and then pretty much went back to a SAD diet. Now I'm back again,

In winter I want hot food. Any suggestions for food that heats the system during winter?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Master Cleanse and Winter Diet
Posted by: Snugglebunny ()
Date: January 27, 2008 04:00AM

Well, I don't know about hot "temperature" wise foods...but I do know that using spices like cayenne pepper or eating jalapenos (if you can stand them) will give you that feeling of "heat". I hope that helped a bit. yawning smiley

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: January 27, 2008 04:05AM

Durian is supposed to be warming. <3

Citrus is cooling, and I do find those to have a very chilly effect on me.

Posted by: frances ()
Date: January 27, 2008 03:04PM

I just got the 2007 issue of Living Nutrition yesterday. In the question & answer nutrition section someone did ask about keeping warm in the winter and Dr. David Klein responded:

==================================================

"Increase your intake of the highest calorie fruits (e.g., bananas, persimmons, dried dates, raisins and figs) to provide the extra carbohydrate needed to meet your extra fuel need. Smoothies with those ingredients plus water or fresh-made apple-celery juice are appealing to many.

"A good strategy is to order bananas by the case. Several of our advertisers are mail order suppliers of quality dried organic goods. Additional consumption of avocado, nuts and seeds can be beneficial, providing extra fat which is used for insulation; however, avoid raising your fat intake about 15% of total calories, as this is unhealthful. We do not want to add foods which "produce heat," as those foods are irritants, elevating body temperature because of their toxicity. That is, they cause enervating mini-fevers, depleting us of even more energy.

"Remember- energy is created by the body while we sleep and a vigorous body is well nourished, well-rested and physically fit. Exercising several times a day is short bursts, such as on a rebounder, is very helpful. I typically jog every day throughout the winter; otherwise, I become easily chilled. Also, wear extra clothing and be patient; it takes a few years for rawfooders to build robust health and feel comfortable with the slightly lower body temperature that attends true health. You will not feel cold; you will feel normally well."

==================================================

I also strongly recommend this magazine to everyone. I've read less than half of it so far, and have already read several really fascinating articles including a seven page interview with Dr. David Blume, a proponent of the use of alcohol as a cheap, plentiful and environmentally sustainable fuel. I'm still glowing with the hope that article gave me for the possibility of reversing the energy crisis and global warming within our lifetimes.

edit: corrected typo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2008 03:07PM by frances.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: January 27, 2008 03:18PM

That is a great post. I too have a problem with getting too cold in the winter which usually leads to eating cooked food. I have recently come to similar conclusion regarding exercise and keeping warm. I plan on doing two trips to the gym per day. I always feel as if I can rest after a workout and a light snack. I work evenings as a nurse and have trouble winding down when I'm done at work. I figure stop by the gym and get my second dose of cardio for the day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables