Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food Myths Exposed:Roger Haeske interviews Dr. Tim Trader
Posted by: Felix ()
Date: May 19, 2006 04:25PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food Myths Exposed:Roger Haeske interviews Dr. Tim Trader
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 19, 2006 10:44PM

ah, the "superbeing". I wonder how he's doing. He was dating this lady I was with for awhile and run a natural hygiene meeting downtown (New York).

Date: May 21, 2006 01:06PM

Yeah, I met Roger when we went to the same Raw Potluck in NJ. I didn't know your girlfriend dated him, Narz. He's one of those raw foodists who are really into eating lots of fruit at a time -- like 20 bananas for breakfast smiling smiley

Date: May 21, 2006 09:13PM

Haha, he didn't date my girlfriend. I meant to say he dated a lady I used to LIVE with (but I suppose now it's too late to edit my post).

Yeah, those banana guys. I think I'd rather eat a pound of cheese than 20 bananas at once, I'd probably puke.

Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: May 22, 2006 08:37AM

I listened to this and enjoyed it, thanks!...I just have one question.
Should I really worry about an avacado, some nuts and a swig of flaxseed oil in one day being to much fat intake? Do you think 10% is really realistic? I don't know if I could give up my avo. sad smiley

Date: May 22, 2006 12:58PM

No.... just don't over eat them!

Don't WORRY be HAPPY!

Enjoy your fruits!

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 22, 2006 07:58PM

Jen Rose, there are varying view on fat intake within the raw movement. Personally I think it's very important to get enough of the right kind of fats, and flax oil is very good in that regard. Remeber, our brains are made mostly from fat!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: May 22, 2006 08:11PM

I liked his view on nuts. How we should think of them as a fat food instead of a protien food...a lot of Raw dehydrated snacks and desserts are at least 75% fat! That's insane! I'm glad to be aware of that...I'm def. going to cut olive oil out completely and just use flax oil. Also, maybe eating only half an avo a day. And YES, I can eat fruit again!! smiling smiley

Our brains are made up of fats but if fat is effecting the capillaries of the cell walls and not allowing nutrients and minerals to be absorbed what's the point of eating all this good food? Makes sense to me. Also, I'm being mindful of those cravings for fat..that can't be a good sign.

Date: May 24, 2006 04:02AM

Ok, I tried this 10% fat thing, and I can't do it! I was craving popcorn today and I almost had some sad smiley Instead...I "splurged" on some almond milk and half an avo and my craving for bad food went away! I don't think that low of fat intake is good for me...no way.

Date: May 24, 2006 04:35PM

The 10% fat thing is a little ridiculous in my opinion. I'd say around 20-40% is more realistic depending on your activity level and constitution.

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: May 26, 2006 07:41AM

Actually the more active you are the the more carbs you need not fat.
Too much fat slows me down I have more energy on the 10% or less fat.
I am not saying I dont eat fat just not everyday tommorrow will be a day I eat some fat maybe twice a week this time of year and it will be my favorite sweet fat durian.
Forget the oil stick with the fruits.

Cherimoya

Date: May 26, 2006 05:56PM

Actually it depends Cherimoya, technically we don't need carbs at all (though they do taste good). It's up to the individual to figure out what works for them. Stu Mittleman (who's got a few records in long distance running) has his dominant macronutrient as fat.

Worrying about "overdosing" on fat from two avacados or a few tablespoons of olive oil is ridiculous. If you're stomach is too weak to handle that you may have some digestive problems, possibly fasting or a liver flush would help with that.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 27, 2006 04:35AM

Every cell in the body requires glucose or fructose as fuel. It is much easier for the body to convert fructose to glucose than it is to convert fats or proteins into glucose. The conversion of fats into glucose taxes the body and has some toxic byproducts that the body needs to eliminate.

Also, excess fats in the blood stream prevent insulin from carrying sugar from the blood stream into the cells in the body. Do this long enough an you develop all kinds of sugar-related problems ranging from hypoglycemia to hyperglycemia to candida to diabetes.

Saturated fats have no use for the body and the body treats them like a waste product that is to be eliminated. This is because as a saturated fat, the fat is unable to hold nutrients. This applies to coconut butter as well as to animal fats.

Going from a high fat SAD diet to a 10% fat diet overnight can be abusive. Moving from a high fat diet to a low fat diet is a process, and does not have to be accomplished overnight if one is not suffering from syptoms of sugar related illnesses. However, is one has candida or diabeters, going to a non-overt fat diet will help relieve the symptoms of those diseases.

Date: May 27, 2006 05:20AM

But Bryan, fat does have nutrients. Coconut butter has Vitamin E for example.

And all human fat is saturated fat (humans being animals of course). Obviously if you don't consume it your body has to work to turn the sugar you eat into fat.

Date: May 27, 2006 07:59AM

There is plenty of saturated fat in bananas and also guavas have a good amount but under 10% so you can get saturated and every other fat there is just from fruit but not a very high amount.

Also coconut water has a little and I just got done eating a golden pillow durian or (Montoung) and anything that taste that good has to be loaded with some fat but there is no info what kind it is.

I will only eat them this time of year when they are in season and only twice a week.

Fruits fuel my body with plenty of the sugar my body needs to run on and give's me energy to exercise plenty and with plenty left in the tank.

Cherimoya

Date: May 27, 2006 08:28PM

cherimoya Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also coconut water has a little and I just got
> done eating a golden pillow durian or (Montoung)
> and anything that taste that good has to be loaded
> with some fat but there is no info what kind it
> is.
>

Yeah, that's weird, I've had the same experience. I've tried before to get exact breakdown of the fat content of durians but to no avail.

Date: May 28, 2006 05:47AM

There are a lot of foods I eat that you can find just so much info on like dragon fruit or in Florida there are cocoplums,suriname cherries and the nut inside of the cocoplum which was a main food for the native americans in the area before the invasion 512 years ago.
Plenty of wild greens I can think of and even palm fruits that taste pretty good but you would have to eat quite a bit to get full.

Someday maybe we can find some more info on wild fruits and veggies but nobody is doing a study on them as far as know.

Cherimoya

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables