Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

energy levels and raw food
Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: January 29, 2008 02:23PM

Hey guys,

I am trying to become as raw as possible. Currently, am eating raw food through out the day, and then eat cooked food at night.

I notice that my energy levels after eating cooked food are higher. I feel slightly listless during the day (not as energetic).

This is what I am doing typically:
Breakfast: Juice of some greens (kale, spinach etc), celery, an apple, an orange, carrots, maybe beets, ginger.

Mid morning snack: a banana

Lunch: Veggies- broccoli, radishes, carrots, olives, sometimes pepper.

Dinner: Indian wheat flatbread, some veg stir fry curry, and a side of raw cucumber, tomatoes and onion.

So what is going on?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: energy levels and raw food
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: January 29, 2008 03:19PM

Sounds like you're just not eating enough food! Your biggest (most calorie-dense) meal is the cooked dinner, so it's no wonder you feel more lively afterwards. Try eating more fruit, especially...veggies alone won't provide much energy.

Re: energy levels and raw food
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 30, 2008 12:04AM

I agree with the enchantress. Most of the raw foods you are eating don't offer that much energy. If you want energy, eat more sweet fruit fruits. Try eating 3 pounds of tangerines for breakfast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables