Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

coconuts
Posted by: Haida ()
Date: January 30, 2008 11:24PM

Has any of you tasted coconut from the Carribean? After growing up in the West Indies, Thai coconuts are hard to swallow. At first I thought perhaps I have gotten rotten ones, but its been years, I have tried them from different merchants, and I just cant swallow the stuff. Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: coconuts
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: January 30, 2008 11:41PM

I don't think I've ever had one from the Carribean, but I tried my first Thai coconut about a month ago when I was visiting my folks in Florida and it definitely wasn't as good as the fresh ones on Maui. Maybe it has to do with the freshness or the fact that the Thai coconuts have most of the outer husk shaved off.

Coconuts are fast becoming a major staple of my diet, so I'm glad i live someplace where they grow.

Aloha, Greg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2008 11:42PM by MauiGreg.

Re: coconuts
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: January 31, 2008 02:34PM

All I've ever had were mature coconuts you can find at standard grocery stores, so Thai coconuts taste like HEAVEN to me right now. angry smiley So much that I just did a short coconut water fast.

That isn't to say, Thai coconuts in Thailand aren't better, or that to be blessed with fresh ones from Maui, or the Caribbean would... ohhh.... *drool, coconut fantasies*

I guess it's a matter of what you've been lucky enough to try! I can't stomach conventional bananas anymore, since I've switched to organic.

Thanks, guys, I might have to leave the computer to have another coconut. tongue sticking out smiley They are a wonderful dietary staple to have. It is my goal to return to the Caribbean someday, and fresh coconuts will definitely be on my list somewhere between "lay on sand and soak up sun" and "swim out to where the water is ten feet deep and see straight to the bottom." <3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables