Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: sleep - how many hours do you need
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: February 29, 2008 04:10PM

Suvine - Is there any way you can make your picture a little bit smaller?

As for sleep, I'm right there with arugula usually:

Posted by: arugula (IP Logged)
Date: February 05, 2008 06:03PM

I function optimally going to bed at 9 pm and waking up at 5 am. When I am really agitated over something I tend to wake up at 2 AM and not be able to go back to sleep.

I function very well when I'm on a regular sleeping schedule of 9pm to 5am. I'm a morning person, but I'm a night owl, too. My body is conflicted over this and for the last several months my sleep patterns have been eratic. I've been up until about 12:30am each night this week reading about the raw lifestyle that I go to bed and sleep very lightly. Neighbors, or my cat, keep waking me up. Then I get up at 6am. I suffer through the day and was taking in a lot of coffee.

Sleep is incredibly important, in my opinion. I wholeheartedly agree with Bryan that it's when our bodies heal. They need rest. I'm going to work on sticking to a regular sleep schedule now that I'm raw and we'll see what happens. Less than seven hours of sleep and I don't function well. Anything lower than six and forget it, the day is wasted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brenna ()
Date: February 29, 2008 04:23PM

The longer I'm on primarily raw food the less sleep I need. Lately I find myself waking up at 430am after going to bed around 11pm. Even from the last time I posted on this thread I need less sleep! I never thought I could function off of 5.5 hours, it's pretty amazing.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 01, 2008 03:13PM

My sleep has been changed by going towards raw; I need less and it's a little crazy but I just get more things done or become bored and buy mroe books. smiling smiley

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Posted by: sebzzz ()
Date: March 01, 2008 05:35PM

Something amazing happened in the last few days for me.

I now have been 100% raw for 2 months and usually if I don't get 10 hours or more of sleep I'm tired as hell very irritable. Well, in the last for days, I've been having 6 hours and 7 hours nights inline because of exams at school and I was fine all those days.

Now, usually I recover from short nights by sleeping 12 hours inline in a single night but last night I had 8 hours of sleep after this four days of short nights and I'm feeling just fine!

This is wonderful, sleep as always been a problem for me in the past!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables