Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

oatmeal?
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: May 22, 2006 07:40AM

is it cool to eat like oat meal raw? are rolled oats considered raw?

jen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: oatmeal?
Posted by: lilpaws ()
Date: May 22, 2006 07:45AM

raw oats are totally edible...just soak them overnight.

here's some reading on different kinds of oats you generally see in the supermarket (which aren't raw)..
[www.karenskitchen.com]

i haven't found raw oats in my area but i'm sure with a little bit of searching you could find them in yours. they're also available online, this is just one example..
[www.alissacohen.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2006 07:46AM by lilpaws.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 22, 2006 10:57AM

Anything other than the Oat Groats / Berries (you'll see that they look like little grey wheat seeds) are not raw and are processed.

-Anyway: keep in mind that there are no raw food police. This board is a great source of support and information.......especially as to what is raw and what isn't. After that - it is up to you to do the legwork....and make a slow transition that is right for you.

-I ate oatmeal for like a year...while I was transitioning....and loved it.....but it's just not as vital as fresh fruits and vegetables.

-Just my opinions / observations.

-David Mason

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 22, 2006 12:24PM

HORSE eats WHEAT

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 22, 2006 04:56PM

Oat Groats/Berries are probably not raw either (unless they have been sold for farming). Raw oats go rancid quite quickly, which is why most of the oats we can buy are blanched.

The "Really Raw Organic Oat Flakes" look interesting, has anybody tried them yet? It would nice to we could buy sproutable organic oats.

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 22, 2006 08:28PM

-Yeah. Just test them for sproutability......and that should indicate if they are sufficiently vital or not.

-David Mason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables