Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw food and alcohol
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 22, 2006 09:13AM

Hi,,,I was wondering what the stance on drinking alcohol was? and also if one form might be better than another?...

cheers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw food and alcohol
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 22, 2006 10:54AM

-I find it to be a nervous system depressent - and a container of no vital nutrients or life - so I personally avoid it.

-But if you think it's a good thing - I encourage you to drink more of it. Just try to find a company that sells it with as few additives as possible - I would imagine! smiling smiley

-David Mason

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: May 22, 2006 11:54AM

yeah, some say vodka or wine etc could be classed as raw...

but I don't need anyone to tell me whether it's good/bad for me... I just know how I used to feel the next morning, even after I'd had just 1 small glass of wine the night before... all icky and dehydrated.

all those 'studies' that say a moderate amount of alcohol is beneficial... I just don't buy 'em!

make yourself some kombucha instead! it's GORGEOUS... tastes a bit like champagne (only nicer!), and it's SOOOOOOOO good for you!!! (o:

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 22, 2006 12:23PM

Namae wa Tomasu desu
Hajimemashite, shibaraku desu ne

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: May 22, 2006 12:45PM

Personally, I don't drink it but there is a restaurant in NYC called Pure Food and Wine that does offer wine with raw foods. To me, it's a personal decision. Obviously, organic wine or beer with no or little sulfites is healthier than the other option but it all depends on you. I don't get upset with myself if I have a small glass of wine occassionally or a a beer but I don't make a habit of it.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 22, 2006 04:08PM

I'm not sure if vodka is raw, I think any hard liquor is distilled which involves heat. Also traditional vodka making normal requires that the vodka is filter through charcoalize animal bones (which is kind of un-vegan).

Many wines and ciders are raw (although not all).

Personally I like alcohol, it's fun at parties (I've just slept 20hours after attending a very good party - well worth the price of one day to recover). Also it's good muscle relaxent, having a cider or glass of wine after a really hard workout is good for avoiding aches and pains, or helping a pulled muscle recover (making it and the surrounding muscles relax).

Also the yeast husks at the bottom (cloudy is good) of the glass have lots of good vitimans in them (include b12 if I remember correctly).

Although, the longer I'm raw, the more disruptive alcohol is to my system. And the older I get, the less often I want to spend an entire day recovering from partying (unless its a really really good party). ;-)

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: May 22, 2006 07:18PM

As with all ofthe stuff on this board, do what you want and what makes you feel good. I think wines and sakes are raw (stick to organic I would suggest). Not being a drinlker myself I have no idea what the story is with other types of liquor. I don't drik just because I have made this choice to be as healthy as possible with what I eat, so why would I pour alcohol into my gullet -- but that's just me. Good luck!

Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: May 22, 2006 08:01PM

Personally, I enjoy I nice glass of organic wine now and then. I like the taste and it's mild effects. Vodka i stay away from b/c I find once I start drinking it I can't stop and end up getting really drunk. Beer i used to like but now it's really to filling and commercially carbonated....yuck!

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 22, 2006 08:47PM

I don't they are any raw sakes (the rice is boiled to do some starch conversion). You can get unfiltered which is pretty wholesume (but still heated). At least this is what I learned in the sake museum in berkeley.

Ian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables