Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: coconut oil
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 20, 2008 03:33AM

Since the coconut butter I had was raw, I didn't want to heat it up any other way, and warm water was the only thing I could think of. It took a while, though. ~.~

And then... I'd just get into eating it... and eating it. Yum (sorry, Coco, haha)!

I've switched to olive oil for my skin, since I won't eat that out of the bottle. angry smiley

And coconut oil works for oil pulling?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 20, 2008 05:27AM

> It has kept me alive for so long, my reasoning! smiling smiley

i've been kept alive for so long in spite of all my reasoning! lol. cheers suvine!

Posted by: stoner ()
Date: February 20, 2008 05:52PM

I came up with a good solution for my coconut oil consuption.,,,I bought a jar that cost about twice as much as my regular brand....result..i savor it and dont use as much,
hahaha cheep raw.
lol

.........living to tell a tale of a life it self........

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 21, 2008 01:07AM

Coconut cream has the meat blended with the fat. Mmmm. Also expensive smiling smiley

Posted by: mira ()
Date: February 21, 2008 04:31AM

Marley_Star

i just eat it in its solid form...its less of a mess!! And its kinda cool, cuase its melts in your mouth...hmmmm

Posted by: Marley_Star ()
Date: February 21, 2008 05:14AM

Thanks, Mira! smiling smiley)

I did try some tonight...not too much because I'm trying to detox and switch to raw at the same time, so I'mafraid it willl be too much fat for me right now (I'm eating at least one avocado a day)!

It is very voloptuous on the tounge! MMMMmmmmm!

Posted by: birch ()
Date: February 21, 2008 09:16PM

If you want to soften it up a bit it should only take 76? degrees F- so I just leave mine out on the counter and it gets easier to spoon out. Otherwise I scrape at it then pour the bits out of the jar.
It also seems to melt on other (room-temperature) food, such as melon chunks and chopped strawberries, which is how I had it today.

Date: February 21, 2008 10:08PM

If your counter is 76 degrees, I am so jealous. Mine is 65, tops. Aughh, the colddddddd!!!

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 22, 2008 04:48PM

Someone read this thread and is mailing me a gallon for free, how cool is that?

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 25, 2008 02:54AM

So interesting that we can get ourselves worked up into whatever feeling of the moment based soley on a post from another person - do you believe in santa claus, I want to make smoothies with you in the kitchen, who has a god, who doesn't, what is real, and what is not, why do you wear high heels, etc. Seems to me like so many judgements, which i think Bryan was eluding to earlier in his posts. Someone mentioned the organic flow of threads and how as people with a million thoughts a day, things come up and out off topic, or on. It really makes no sense - we talk about wanting to love each other, appreciate each other and bring peace, yet the second someone "crosses the line" they are slapped on the wrist.

A talk without judgement or trying to berrate someone for how they supposedly "make you feel" would be ideal - as opposed to trying to control what someone else says or thinks outloud. Kudos to the atheists and others following a religion, however, in the end, it really isn't about what other people think or believe....is it? I have been trying extremely hard to curb my judgements about people, ideas, places, things, etc. When you pay attention to it consciously, you realize just how difficult it is.

Date: February 25, 2008 04:56AM

well, i must say this discussion is miles and miles away from coconut oil...

anyway, i feel uncomfortable as well...

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 25, 2008 05:19AM

veggiefreak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have
> been trying extremely hard to curb my judgements
> about people, ideas, places, things, etc. When
> you pay attention to it consciously, you realize
> just how difficult it is.

I hear you, VF, as this is something I am trying to consciously pay attention to in my mind as well... and it IS difficult. human beings judge, its what we do, but its up to us to attach to those judgemental thoughts or let them flow through us. and I completely agree that no one can "make" you feel something. they do something, it triggers you for whatever reason (conditioning, shadow self, etc.) and you respond with an emotion -- but the response is completely owned and operated by YOU.

that said, can people set assertive boundaries that are not judgemental? kinda like, "that's great, you want to do that, i'm not judging you one way or another, its not appropriate here?" and can communities, even virtual ones, have standards on what is acceptable or not in the context of the community? i don't know, i'm asking.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: February 25, 2008 01:04PM

why DO some plant personal photos in every single post? what IS the point to that?

and if you don't welcome mild flirtations or comments regarding your appearance, then the solution seems simple enough...even a rationalist can figure that one out.

Raw food tends to make people glowy and beautiful and not a few people gravitate toward raw with that personal goal in mind, and so it may be encouraging for nOObs to see images of "shiney, happy people"...but, we do have a thread for that.

btw..love coconut oil

khale

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 25, 2008 04:09PM

just had to try some after reading this thread. What an weird taste - I think I really like it. Umm not sure - will have to try some more!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 25, 2008 04:46PM

IMO i think a provocative picture is an invitation for attention and i find it as distracting as E.N. apparently does. i would prefer not to see them as a signature in every post, i find that a little selfish frankly. not because i am a prude and not because i am sexually attracted and not because i am not attractive myself. because i am here for discussion and as previously stated, there is a thread for personal pictures. small snap shots at the bottom of posts are much easier to assimilate as part of the thread than big images with lots of purposefully displayed flesh. those scream out "LOOK AT ME! ME! ME! ME!" and you know what? i have small children in the house who demand that kind of attention from me already, it's enough. i would just like to read people's thoughts and ideas here, i don't think that is too much to ask.

i've been putting the coco into fruity smoothies in the am. not too shabby i must say!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 25, 2008 05:22PM

Hey Khale. Great to see you there. How many people lurk around? That should be a new thread.

I love Stoner's pic. She is a cutie. I do think whether or not people put their pics up at every post and what those pics look like says a lot about that person. I actually like having that additional insight because I feel like I know you guys better than I do most people in my life, outside close family. I welcome all insight into who you really are. The fact that some have never posted a pic tells me almost as much about them as the people I have seen. I love the mystery of them. Prism's pic always gives me a smile, because I love her posts and, therefore, her. I love Bryan's for the same reason. I think we are all beautiful. The sexy one's don't bother me because I think sexy is good too. I love the sport pics a lot. I find them inspiring. Just my opinion.

To all who are bothered by enlightenmentnow,

He needs lots of attention. What should you do when your kids need attention? Don't give it to them when it they are negative but give extra when they are positive.

I think as with any close "family" patience is in order. I think this is true for an Internet family as well. This is a place for healing and we all have read about how the raw diet brings out many emotional issues and I think we all need to be patient with people who are obviously struggling with something difficult.

Date: February 25, 2008 05:59PM

Good point, pakd4fun. Coco, I understand where you are coming from as well. I'm glad the coco in the smoothies is working for you. I am thinking I don't have the right digestion or metabolism for it--I had some cacao coconut cream (the oil and meat combined) the other day and felt so sick, I think I can tolerate only small amounts. It wasn't the cacao because I've had that plenty of times. But there's something luxurious about coconut oil, I wish I could indulge more, besides on my skin.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 26, 2008 05:45AM

Its a great makeup remover. I use it all the time! smiling smiley

Date: February 28, 2008 03:24AM

I've been taking VCO for about a week... I have a kind of "die-off" effect and i did not loose any weight...Actually, i think i gained weight!!

Date: February 29, 2008 04:57PM

gees Suvine...dont you think you should shrink the size of your pictures??? its taking half of the thread...!

Date: March 01, 2008 05:55AM

by the way, are these boobs raw?
hahahha

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: March 01, 2008 11:54AM

Good to see you khale! (since we are side tracking off topic!)

Coconut oil bit of a treat on the global juice feast.. Saw someone making coconut honey hearts on their feasting blog..may have to try that one!

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: March 01, 2008 07:06PM

rawdancer... what are coconut honey hearts? I want to know... they sound delicious already!

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables