Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Also, I'm starving
Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: February 12, 2008 05:18AM

I have been a raw foodist for some time now, and at 99.99% steadily, I feel pretty fully transitioned. But all of a sudden, the past week or so, I have been intensely hungery! I went through this when first going raw, and then it subsided. I mostly just eat fruit and often a salad with very little fat for dinner. But now all I want is fats! I dont want fruit really, maybe some greens seem good to me, but mostly I am craving nuts and seeds and nut butters and oils! I feel like I could just keep eating. I am limiting myself to just about a cup of sprouted pumpkin seeds a day, because I really do not like to eat too much heavy foods, but for some reason my body just really seems to be wanting fats and lots of it. What could this be?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Also, I'm starving
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 12, 2008 06:17AM

It could be that your body needs some fat right now. How is it feeling when you eat these fats. If it is uncomfortable, perhaps eat some more greens with your fats.

Or it could be a grounding issue. You may be experiencing a lot of energy from the raw foods, and you are using fats to ground.

If you are eating fats and it is feeling good, then just continue until it no longer feels good. This may pass when your body gets its fill of fats.

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: February 12, 2008 07:32AM

I have increased my fats by eating the pumpkin seeds, and it seems to be feeling okay. I am not giving myself all the fats I want, maybe I will try giving in to my cravings and see how my body reacts. If it is just an issue of grounding, I think my body would not feel right after all those fats. We'll see =)

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 12, 2008 02:02PM

I did this when I first was 100% raw for about a week. I had 4,000 calories, approx., including 3 cups of nuts one day. i thought I was going to turn out huge if I continued to eat like that! yawning smiley

I know my body needed fats; I have been on a lower-fat vegan lifestyle for a while and I wasn't getting enough fat for *me.*

Then I had a few days where I didn't want much fat at all, except for my dressings on the salad or an avocado, no added nuts.

Yesterday, however, I was very hungry and ate at least 4,000 calories again and lots of fat, but I feel great and I'm not bloated or anything.

I think our desire for fats/higher calorie amounts wax and wane, depending on what we need. And if you're female, it could have to do with your cycle. I wouldn't worry about gaining weight or eating too much fat, causing health problems, unless it's ALL the time and lasts more than a week that you CONTINUOUSLY want that much fat.

Have fun! smiling smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 12, 2008 02:15PM

I agree with the above great posts. Avoid making changes too quickly. Stay full...and comfortable. Detox should be a stretch....but not a painful crisis. Make changes at a pace that is right for YOU. Eating a larger amount of food.....eating more often....and consciously CHOOSING the level of fats you are going to eat (it CAN be a generous amount...so long as YOU chose it).....will be very helpful. As long as you are not alternating between 'extremes' or eating 'compulsively'....you know what I mean?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 12, 2008 02:21PM

I could explain this, but I'd rather do it in a private message format. Believe it or not.....I think people would think "I'm crazy" for the this explanation. Not for anything else I've ever written....but for this....yes. LOL, but true.

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 12, 2008 10:06PM

Englightenment now--I'm curious! Can you PM me, too? I have had times when I felt like this, though I just slowly up fats so I'm not going back and forth between extremes. Anyway, it's okay if your theory is nuts, I won't judge smiling smiley

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 12, 2008 10:10PM

I want to hear the craziness, too.....very intrigued!

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 13, 2008 01:15AM

Me three. I ate probably half a pound of macadamias someday last week. angry smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables