Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

vitimins
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 13, 2008 08:55PM

Hi,

I am very new to the raw food living and was wondering if any of you take a daily multi vitimin? If so which ones are best? I was looking at the Megafoods and Complete life brands since they are 100% whole food based. I just don't know if they are raw. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: vitimins
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 13, 2008 09:16PM

best way to find out is to email the companies directly and ask them (you may have to define raw for them... however you define it).

i don't take a general supplement. at first i did, out of habit. then i felt like dropping it, so i did. but i do take herbs "prescribed" by my ayurvedic practitioner to address specific imbalances, so you might consider that the same thing. the body is alway seeking to balance itself, and i guess i view supplements as kind of scattershots that might actually create imbalances in the body, whereas something that is targeting known imbalances seems to feel and work better for me.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 13, 2008 09:34PM

I take a sublingual B-12, microalgea DHA, and 1/3 of a "serving" of a multi-vitamin. I don't feel I need the multi, but I take it, anyway.

I haven't checked on the rawness of these; it doesn't really matter to me as long as I'm 75% or more raw.

I order my stuff from vegan online shops.

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: February 14, 2008 05:27PM

I use liquid SEA ALOE. It is whole food derived. My husband and I have used it for 5 years now, and swear by it. I t must be high in antioxidants- we are much more healthy, even though he still is a meat eater/cooked food person despite my "influences". If you want more info e-mail me-- jshaage@comcast.net. Best wishes, Janice .

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 14, 2008 06:05PM

I took vitamins and minerals when I was first going raw, but I have not felt the need for them during the last 6 years.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 14, 2008 08:07PM

I'm with Bryan. I took a vegan chewable one-a-day while transitioning....but later they just made me ill. No supplments for the past 7 years or so. Just my experiences.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables