Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
my delicious breakfast this morning was
Posted by: lacombe ()
Date: February 14, 2008 02:35PM

a fruit smoothie made with pure filtered water, blueberries, banana, peach, strawberries, honeydew melon, canteloupe and grapes.

i like fruit smoothies in the morning as it really gets my day started well.
hope you all share your day starters.

cheers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: my delicious breakfast this morning was
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 14, 2008 03:03PM

Always a succulent bowl of pomegranate jewels... when in season (no, I'm not really over these guys going out of season yet, roar!).

Now it's berries berries berries. Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, or soaked goji berries. Usually, I don't eat them all together. But sometimes I do. Raspberries have disappeared from the markets for a while, and I just had them for the first time in a few weeks right now--YUM! <3

Every morning I have thoughts of durian for breakfast, but then I'd just end up eating durian all day, and probably be way too uncomfortably full. Juicy + sweet/tart + light/refreshing is best for breakfast. =)

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 14, 2008 09:01PM

i only tried durian once ( no... twice)

it was interesting ... tasted like soy sauce sesame oil and mangoes all in one fruit

oh yeah and a tad bit garlicky too

so interesting.. that durian thing

but i checked out one other store.. it was an asian store ... and it was only frozen.. and it kind of made me thinnk..."nahhhh"

there was this guy who once wrote his 3 day diary concerning durians

where IS HE??

well, it was so fun and a trip to read about his luxurious durian experience

and funny too smiling smiley

Posted by: claire ()
Date: February 14, 2008 09:39PM

I like veggie juice at the moment, especially because I can drink it on the car on the way to work if I am getting late!

today I had 1 pint of...cucumber, kale, spinach, green bean, celery, a tiny bit of carrot and half a lime. That was very good and kept me full from 7am to 10:30!

Claire

Posted by: brenna ()
Date: February 14, 2008 10:22PM

Mmmm...I'm drinking my smoothie right now. I blend it up, put it in a big jug and drink it all day at work. My favorite is peaches, mangos, cherries, strawberries and bananas. This morning I realized I need a bigger blender!

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 15, 2008 03:38AM

either mono fruit meal of whatever is plentiful or green smoothies mostly. when i get that "cereal" feeling, i chop up apples, asian pears, bananas, and whatever else i have on hand, toss a handful of chopped macadamia nuts in there, pour coconut water on top and sprinkle with cinnamon. yay!

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: February 15, 2008 04:15AM

lately I've been make a blend of orange, mango and pineapple juice in the morning. The mango makes the juice really thick even though I juice it. I've thought of just juicing the oranges and then blending it with the mango and pineapple but I'm usually moving pretty fast in the morning, and once the juicer is messy from the oranges I don't feel like getting the blender messy too. Too much clean up!

It's a really delicious juice combo and full of vitamin C!

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 15, 2008 07:39AM

Carsick (or anyone actually), What is physalis?

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: mindy_r ()
Date: February 15, 2008 02:59PM

i actually had my first green smoothie this morning!! whoohoo!
it was spinach, banana, blueberries, apple juice, and some soaked pumpkin and sunflower seeds. YUM!
have a great day!
take care,
mindy

Date: February 15, 2008 04:11PM

amazing. some really great and creative breakfasts. i always believe in starting my day as well as possible. i am going to try each one that is posted here. i am also interested in physalis.

this morning i was rushed for time so i had 3 big navel oranges...so sweet, filling and easy to eat. make it a great day.

charlie

Posted by: stoner ()
Date: February 15, 2008 04:37PM

MMMM breakfast i love it.
I get a bananna and smash it up till its really smooth then add a cut up fruit i like to use apricot or plum so it has a bit of a crunch. then i add seeds sunflower or pumpkin. i love it
With some blackberries it really gives it a good kick.
I miss ceral a lot so this is my way of getting that felling back!

.........living to tell a tale of a life it self........

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: February 15, 2008 06:03PM

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: February 15, 2008 06:05PM

I'm really feeling straight cucumber, celery juice or green smoothies and vegetable juices for breakfast lately. Simply listening to my body...it's happy and so am I. :-)

Date: February 15, 2008 06:10PM

Ah, Thanks guys,

We used to grow that on a farm I worked on in Vermont and we called it Cape Gooseberry. Almost looks like a little yellow Tomatillo. I think they are all in the same plant family.

Thanks again.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 15, 2008 07:41PM

in honor of mauigreg i threw a fingerling of turmeric in my gs this morning... its, uhm, interesting!

p.s. i miss the rockhead photo in your sig. that thing cracked me up!

Posted by: frances ()
Date: February 16, 2008 04:36AM

My co-op has fresh turmeric root now too... something I have never seen in real life before. After Greg's praise of it in his smoothies I bought some. It's strong. I put about a teaspoon into a quart and a half of smoothie and spent the whole time I was drinking it trying to decide how I felt about it. I decided that it was more good than bad, but it was a near thing. ("Fresh" is a relative term, and I'm sure that what my co-op sold me was a far cry from finding turmeric still in the ground in the woods as Greg did.)

I'm becoming more and more convinced of one of the macrobiotic philosophies, that our best food is the food that grows in our own climate. While I enjoy the tropical foods (and there are a lot of wonderful tropical foods!) my best breakfast this winter is a green smoothie made with apples (we haven't quite run out), blueberries (yes, I froze them), homegrown sprouts and other indoor or winter-grown greens. (With the blueberries it's more of a purplish brown smoothie.) If you haven't seen it yourself you'd be amazed at what kale can live through unprotected. I've dug edible kale out from under a foot and a half of snow.

For lunch, and especially supper I'm less sensitive and more interested in the remote, the obscure, the dehydrated, the fatty, the fermented, and the otherwise complicated. This is seven months into "going raw" and my preferences are still evolving.

Date: February 16, 2008 05:14PM

well, this morning i put a handful of carrots and a few gala apples in my juicer...added a fingertip of ginger and what an energy drink! a note, this one will raise blood sugar so you might want a plan a long walk or hike.

make it a great day
charlie

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 16, 2008 05:39PM

Usually a couple of glasses of fresh Orange Juice. It's all good. I HAVE to drink it.....it's a Florida entrance requirement. winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: February 16, 2008 05:50PM

Good morning Butterfly and Frances,

I'm moved that you were inspired to try Turmeric from something I said. It's still part of my daily routine... although I did stop for about 4 days, but I missed it dearly. I now buy my fresh Turmeric at the health food store. I didn't want to dig too much from my special spot. The fresh stuff at the store is locally grown, but since Turmeric is very similar to Ginger, it remains fresh for a long time. You should be able to plant either of them in some rich moist soil and have it start to grow again!

My Breakfast this morning:

A deep green smoothie with;

1 large cucumber
8" Turmeric root
4" ginger root
8" burdock root (gobo)
4 oz fresh cilantro
4 oz fresh parsley
2oz dandelion greens
2 limes (no skin)
1 tbs spirulina
+ enough fresh green coconut water to fill the vita-mix

Actually this is breakfast and lunch... it makes about 1/2 gallon!

P.S. MauiButterfly, I'm glad you liked the rock-head picture, but someone asked me to remove it because they felt it was too disturbing and made them not want to read any threads if I had posted... oh well, back to the shadows for me...

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

Date: February 17, 2008 06:55PM

i was thinking about the history of breakfasts in my life this morning. i was raised on cereal (yes the boxed kind) and porridge bleech and yuck, then when i was older (20's) i thought bacon, eggs toast and coffee was the answer, my wife used to make apple cinnamon pancakes and they were tasty but they made me want to go straight to sleep after eating them...i now wonder how i ever got anything done starting my days like that. when i think about it now...many days the best i felt was when i got up in the morning before i ate anything at all. i know many of you had similar experiences but i know i wonder now about how much happier and productive i could have been had i eaten differently earlier in my life.

anyway, today i had another of my favorite fruit smoothies: filtered water, some mango, peaches, blackberries and raspberries that i had frozen and of course a banana. and now i am off to start another day full of energy and feeling great. hope you are all having a great day.

cheers

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 18, 2008 01:21AM

I had this:

Hi Everybody

Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: February 18, 2008 03:00AM

A superpower smoothie with banana, strawberries, hemp protein powder, flax oil, and KALE! I was hyper like none other after that breakfast, let me tell you.

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 18, 2008 03:03AM

Suvine - what is it? Papaya and....? No papaya? Definitely interesting, probably delicious!

Date: February 18, 2008 05:01AM

hi suvine

papaya and passion fruit...looks as good as it tastes. thanks for sharing.

cheers

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 18, 2008 03:17PM

Oh, passion fruit - totally unfamiliar with that one. Never had it, in fact, haven't even ever seen it! Thanks for sharing for sure. Looks like I need to find out where I can get some! Veggie

Date: February 18, 2008 05:56PM

Its not passion fruit. It's actually Star Apple.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Date: February 18, 2008 06:00PM

i've never even heard of star apple...must try and get some
thanks

Date: February 18, 2008 06:09PM

They're in season right now lacombe... they typically bare end of winter till late spring/early summer!

Date: February 18, 2008 06:44PM

thank you for letting me know. i live in w canada and have never seen them but am going on a star apple hunt now. wish me luck .

Date: February 18, 2008 07:29PM

lacombe you might be able to find them in a West Indies market hun. They grow all over Jamaica (I have a star apple tree on my property back home) and I know there is a decent Caribbean population in Canada.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables