Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mucous
Posted by: Berlinpathos ()
Date: February 15, 2008 05:07AM

Day eight of my back-to-raw transition, and I'm hacking up the most evil amount of phlegm. I'm not eating very much fat - an avocado every couple days and no nuts or seeds. I'm trying to stay away from citrus because it's always been a nose-stuffer.
I'm drinking an obscene amount of apple cider vinegar and, well, hardly eating anything. Today I had two apples and some raisins, and it is 10:00 pm here. I'm not hungry, and I'm full of energy.
But my lungs feel like they're full of liquid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mucous
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 15, 2008 05:17AM

For me, I were full of phlegm, I would stay in bed and eat very little until the symptoms went away.

Posted by: Berlinpathos ()
Date: February 15, 2008 05:51AM

Too bad I work 40 hours a week and am a full time student. Staying in bed is not an option! But I'll stick to the light eating, like you said. Lots of filtered water, too.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: February 15, 2008 05:37PM

Hmmmm, Apple Cider, apples and even raisins would cause me problems in the Mucous department. May want to reconsider those choices. Stay with the apples only if you must. Staying away from citrus I think is generally easier on your system also.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: February 16, 2008 03:16AM

ginger always help me clear that kind of stuff, like ginger and carrot juice.

Posted by: stylestacey ()
Date: February 16, 2008 04:33AM

Vinegar retards digestion
Experiments have shown that as small a portion of vinegar as one in 5,000 sppreciab1y diminishes the digestion of starch by its inhibiting or destructive effect upon the salivary amylase. One part in 1,000 renders starch digestion very slow and twice this quantity arrests it altogether. From these facts it becomes evident that vinegar, pickles (saturated with vinegar), salads on which vinegar has been sprinkled and salad dressings containing vinegir, are unwholesome substances to take into the human digestive tract, especially when taken with starchy foods such as cereals, bread, legumes, potatoes and the like.

Vinegar is not an evil merely because its highly toxic acetic acid content destroys ptylain (salivary amylase), but it also contains alcohol, which precipitates the pepsin of the gastric juice and retards or prevents gastric digestion of proteins. What wonder then that pickles and vinegar have been found useful in reducing weight. They cripple the first two stages of digestion. My readers should know that apple cider vinegar, which is so much lauded today as a "wonder drug" in folk medicine con tains both acetic acid and alcohol and is unfit for use, not alone because it impairs digestion, but also because it contains these two virulent poisons.

Dr. Herbert M. Shelton

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables