Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bio Assignment
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 15, 2008 05:58PM

Hi Everyone,
This is my very first post. I'm doing a university Bio class assignment on Raw foods and their health benefits. This class is a science class for non-science students so I am in no way scientifically inclined. I would like to ask anyone here where I might find some scientific material on the topic of raw foods. I'm looking for credible sources, some that can provide general info and some with more specific studies being done on raw foods. And hopefully nothing too complicated because I have to be able to understand it.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you for reading my post.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bio Assignment
Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 15, 2008 07:48PM

Here's one: drfuhrman.com is the website of a medical doctor who promotes a high-raw diet and has links to some studies... there really aren't enough to be honest.

Maybe Gabriel Cousens, M.D has some info--[www.treeoflife.nu]

That's all I know of.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: February 15, 2008 07:51PM

I think you'll find the anti raw information often claims we need meat to be healthy. But if you check out "The China Study" by T Colin Campbell you will find that meat goes hand in hand with disease and obesity.

There is lots of science claiming fruits and veggies are good for us, even cooked. This should not be hard to find at all.

But people are actually addicted to less than optimum foods and moneyed interests will point out the vitamins and minerals they contain (grains for instance) but conveniently ignore the long term effect of eating a highly processed concentrated food with additives buts that's a whole other assignment.

It's not science but try going raw for a couple of weeks, that will be the most instructive thing you can do.

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 15, 2008 08:18PM

I forgot about the China Study! Yes, money is needed to back all studies, and nutrition studies are long and expensive and easy to confound. So most studies are fairly corrupt--the dairy industry backing weight loss studies, for example.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 15, 2008 08:19PM

its not profitable for anyone (except maybe organic farmers!) to fund a large, long term (expensive) study on the health of raw vegans.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 16, 2008 04:06AM

Yes, the China Study book is excellent and you may be able to contact one of the authors if you try.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 16, 2008 05:08AM

You CAN always find up-to-date articles by getting on Google News...and doing a search for 'fruits' or 'vegetables'. Like this article (pulled up at random):

[www.freshplaza.com]

-There's remarkable consensus (in my observation) regarding the health benefits of increasing your overall % of intake of fresh fruits and vegetables for a lifetime. It's amazing that they stop short on this wonderful message by somehow putting up specters of 'lack' of something on a healthy diet such of this. Any lack of health (in my opinion) arises from poorly defined goals...or pre-existing conditions of toxicity that are brought to the surface.

-Just some thoughts.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: February 16, 2008 06:58AM

Google Scholar is a better source. There look to be a number of promising articles on the search 'raw diet' on google scholar: [scholar.google.com]

UPDATE: Actually, here's an even better link: [scholar.google.com]

Do you blog? Add your blog to the thread on blogging: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2008 07:00AM by Seabucktho.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 16, 2008 04:57PM

Hi everyone, thanks for all the input. I will definitely start with all of your suggestions.

I've been a vegan for a while now and I think I'm semi-raw, but not nearly as devoted as most of the people here. I think on most days I'm about 65%-70% raw.

In my bio class we're learing how to read food labels! lol, their "suppose to tell us" what's health. I think that's why I chose to do my assignment on raw food, I hope to get the word out.

Thanks again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables