Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is this raw?
Posted by: brenna ()
Date: February 15, 2008 09:26PM

Cracked wheat/wheat heart...wondering if it's raw.

My husband is Lebanese and if I could tell him that Tabboule is raw he will be 100% raw in about 24 hours! He will eat tabboule all day every day if I make it for him and I sure don't mind making it if that's what it takes for him to be raw and happy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is this raw?
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 15, 2008 09:35PM

I make a great raw tabboule with sprouted quinoa. I'm not sure about the wheat heart though.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 16, 2008 03:20AM

in regular tabouli the wheat is cooked but the rest is not so it's a mostly raw dish already! bet with some experimenting you could find a wonderful raw tabouli recipe that he'd love.

Posted by: stylestacey ()
Date: February 16, 2008 04:35AM

i love the flavors in Lebanese food, please share any raw recipes you might have???

Date: February 18, 2008 04:48PM

I actually don't think any the recipes I have are 100% raw. My husband has always been the cook so I will have to check with him. I know there is a way to make raw hummous, we just haven't tried it yet, cause we always eat it with pita bread and of course that won't work.
Tahini can be made raw although we haven't liked any of the ones we've bought at the store so far. I think we're going to experiment with making it ourselves. We're still transitioning right now.
One of my favorite dishes is Fatooush. It's like a salad..lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, olive oil/lemon juice type dressing, a little bit of garlic, some sumac and the one thing that's not raw is toasted slices of pita bread. It's delicious and as long as you have the right kind of pita bread it's definitely vegan although not 100% raw.
Zaatar is raw as well, but generally used as a topping, my husband puts it on almost everything. This site: [www.foodieview.com]
has a lot of good recipes. Some of it's for meat of course, but just ignore that stuff. There are a ton of Almost raw recipes on this site...great for someone who is transitioning. Lebanese food was a big help to me with going vegetarian and then vegan because there are so many delicious recipes that don't involve ANY animal products whatsoever.

Date: February 18, 2008 04:57PM

stylestacy I just wanted to link directly to this particular recipe for you because it looks SO good! [find.myrecipes.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables