Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rash?
Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: February 16, 2008 01:24AM

my almost two year old son has recently developed a persistant, non-irritating, but rough and red rash on his tummy and it's starting to spread a little to his thighs.

it's mainly on his chest and stomach-
i can't figure out what has changed-
his diet is 85% raw, and the only shift recently
has been a lot more citrus.

and then i wonder if it's because of lack of sunshine
b/c this is the first two weeks that we haven't been outside a lot
so maybe vitamin D?

i'm really confused about this b/c he has had amazing skin, very clear
until now.
oh yeah- maybe too many baths? we don't use soap, but the water could be drying him out-

then i start to get paranoid and wonder if the water is safe....

anyone got ideas on this one?

thanks ahead-

peace-

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rash?
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: February 16, 2008 02:22AM

I get rashes on my trunk from yeast flare ups.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 16, 2008 03:33AM

interesting. are you eating lots of sweet fruit? maybe it's the sugar/yeast? is it itchy? flaky? do you have a naturopath or homeopath you can consult?
if it's the bath maybe adding a cheesecloth bag of oatmeal to the bath water might soothe his skin.

little came home from school with a large and painful coldsore on his mouth the other day. now it's spread on his lip inside and out and i am super bummed, him too but i just can't believe he caught this from somewhere. it's so tough when they are feeling ick.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 16, 2008 04:03AM

Try spraying or wiping on a little 3% solution hydrogen peroxide and see if that helps the rash.

Zinc oxide cream is also soothing and helps heal rashes quickly..it's the only thing I use for diaper changes.

Sometimes if you re-use wash rags they carry bacteria, and sometimes wipes can also cause rashes.

Coco, I read that to get rid of mouth sores to eat kiwi..a couple in one day and the sores disappear. Let us know if you try it and if it works. I'd love to know.

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2008 04:03AM by Prism.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: February 16, 2008 10:07PM

Thanks all!

we've had the yeast thing in the past- his dad is prone to it, but his tongue is pink and healthy- and nothing on his tail either- so if it is yeast it's kinda different than usual for us. i can definately trim back sweet fruits.

i think i have zinc oxide cream- i wouldn't think of using it on his tummy usually.... but i'll try that. there's nothing on his bum- it's perfectly pink and smooth. we don't use wash rags, so reusing is not really a problem.

Coco-
ew- cold sores. sorry. those are no fun for anyone! i hope kiwi helps. and that your little one would feel better.

funny, i'm so spoiled by never really having a sick kid that these little things seem so horrible, even though he's not bothered at all.

i'm also going to try the peroxide tonight, see how that is. i've decided to avoid bathes for a while and minimal clothes as well. and wait until his two year molars come in before calling doc-

plus, i've gotta do a two year check-up early march, and i'll have a newborn then, so we'll ask the doc his opinion then.

Thanks again!

peace-

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 17, 2008 12:57AM

i just happen to have a basket of ripe kiwis and little loves them. i'll give him two tonight and see how it goes.
our doctor friend thinks it could be impetago instead, it sure does look strange. we'll see.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables