Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

pasta
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: February 18, 2008 07:37AM

if i soaked whole wheat pasta instead of cooking it, does that make it raw? i sure hope so, i've tried spiralizing zuccini and YUCK!!! i didnt like zuccini in the beginning unless cooked and thought i would try it out. dont think i could choke that down. please help if this is not considered raw with other substitutions for noodles. thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pasta
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 18, 2008 10:20AM

Pasta is highly processsed, even when it's whole wheat. What they do after they collect the grain is separate it (with a process that can reach high temperatures) into different streams: bran, germ, and endosperm (the white part). When they sell "whole wheat" products, they recombine the products from these streams. Unless you are making your own from freshly ground wheat berries, that's what you can expect. Sprouted wheat berries are probably a better way to eat wheat.

Some people are using grated coconut as noodles. They use a grater that makes long, thick strands.

You could also try grated sweet potato. I don't eat sweet potato raw but you can steam the gratins for a minute or two to soften. This is probably a better choice for starch than cooked pasta.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 18, 2008 12:54PM

i really like spiralized zucchini, but if you don't i'm sure there's a veggie noodle for you! try spiralizing everything... i do: cucumbers, jicama, sweet potatoes, carrots, daikon.

i love coconut noodles too, esp with thai-style sauces. there's also raw kelp noodles, which seem totally void of taste until you put a sauce on them.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 18, 2008 01:56PM

-The above posts are certainly correct Volcomchick. Think less about 'raw' food....and think: 'fresh, raw plant foods"...and you'll do fine...I imagine. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 18, 2008 02:59PM

What about kelp noodles?

Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: February 18, 2008 08:24PM

i will have to do some research about kelp noodles, never heard of them. where could i get some

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables