Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

loose bowel movements
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2008 04:41PM

I am wondering if others have experienced loose bowel movements when moving from the SAD (actually high carb low fat lacto-ovo veg in my case) to the raw vegan diet (100%)? At first I thought it was detox and good extra fluids etc. but now it continues, after 3 months of cutting out all white foods, processed foods, wheat, dairy, eggs, coffee etc. and 3 weeks of going raw.

How long should I expect this to last? Is it healthy and normal or should I be focusing on certain superfoods over others or more nuts/less fruit/certain veggies etc.?

Thanks for any help!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: loose bowel movements
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 18, 2008 06:32PM

My bowel movements did some pretty amazing shifts during the 6-12 months of my transition. Pretty science fiction stuff! LOL. Sounds pretty normal. If you are worried, increase your intake of fibrous vegetables and sprouts. Just a suggestion.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 19, 2008 08:16PM

Even going from 50% raw/50% cooked vegan to 100% raw, I've definitely had some crazy things happen, too.

It seems like whenever my body starts a new phase of changes, my bowels are unstable. This is usually accompanied with the white tongue, some breakouts, or other uncomfortable symptoms.

I also easily get 200% worth of fiber/day. Just make sure you're getting enough, and if your energy levels are good and you don't have any alarming kinds of pain, I'd just sit back and let your body do its repairs.

Spices are also digestive irritants. I reintroduced dried cayenne to my raw spaghetti sauce one day... whoops. Fresh chilis aren't quite as bad, maybe the enzymes help? Anyway, that's something else to consider.

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: February 20, 2008 08:21PM

I had horribe diahreah constantly while I was 3 months 100% raw. You know what it was though? I don't tolerate apples or citrus. I can have one or two every week or so, but not any more.

It could be a particular raw food that's doing this to you.

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Posted by: robinbird ()
Date: February 22, 2008 03:42PM

i moved from salads and green juice to blending all greens last week. i did it for 2 days and had the most intense stomach cramps and some loose bowel movements. I think its too much fiber. am i wrong?it also turned me off of greens for a few days i couldn't bear the thought!what am i doing wrong?

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 22, 2008 11:51PM

I got up this morning thinking about fiber. I think this thread probably got my subconscious working smiling smiley I thought about the fiber in whole foods as opposed to juicing and blending. When I woke up this morning the first thought I had was about how the VM blending may pulverize to fiber so fine that it isn't as useful for peristalsis and that I was going to start eating more whole foods. Maybe this is part of your loose bowel ?

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 23, 2008 12:52AM

super foods can definitely create super stinky @#$%&

You can quote me on that!

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables