Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm new...need help please!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 23, 2006 11:55PM

Hi! I know you all have heard the same old story...I've been plagued with obesity for years...and unhealthy eating choices. I just recently learned about veganism, and I really need some tips on transitioning to this way of life. I'm 20 yrs. old. I live in Kentucky, so there are limited opportunities in this area. I have done the Atkin's diet about 3 times in efforts to lose weight, but was never satisfied with my food choices. Once I learned about a raw lifestyle, I wanted to give it a try. Are there any good books I can read to learn more or any good tips from someone who has went through this stage also? Thanks so much!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm new...need help please!
Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: May 24, 2006 12:10AM

Victoria Boutenko and her family live life with rawfoods...

Here's a link to their site and a link to the books she/they sell. 12 steps to rawfoods is an excellent book as are all of the books listed. There really not expensive books compared to other raw-books.

[www.rawfamily.com]

[www.rawfamily.com]

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 24, 2006 05:52AM

I heartily recommend Victoria Boutenko.

Also, I'm having trouble keeping track of all the "Jens" on this board... I hear Marci is a fashionable name. Cheers.

Posted by: mystic ()
Date: May 24, 2006 03:36PM

My advice would simply be to increase the raw foods in your diet. Don't worry if you have trouble eating all raw. Just take it one day at a time, and try to eat as much raw as you can. You can eat tons of fresh fruits and veggies while still losing weight, so don't worry about eating "too much".

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 24, 2006 08:35PM

awesome...thanks guys. I know jenn is a common name...sorry! I feel like I'm doing okay so far. I've had all fruits today except for rolled oats for lunch. Ive had a pear, apple, banana...and I think that's it. I've got a question about raw nuts...are raw peanuts okay to eat? My husband loves them, and I had gotten accustomed to them. I don't think I've been doing this long enough to hit the detox phase, but hopefully it won't be too bad. Thanks so much for all your comments!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables