Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Joy (yay, a happy thread!)
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 20, 2008 07:38PM

One of the things that really intrigued me when I first started learning about raw was this quote from the main page of rawfoodexplained.com:

"If your blood is formed from eating pure foods, your brain will function in a manner that will surprise you. Your former life will take on the appearance of a dream, and for the first time in your existence your consciousness awakens to a real self-consciousness.

Your mind, your thinking, your ideals, your aspirations and your philosophy changes fundamentally in such a way as to beggar description.

Your soul will shout for joy and triumph over all misery of life, leaving it all behind you. For the first time you will feel a vibration of vitality through your body (like a slight electric current) that shakes you delightfully."

I thought it was lovely and all, but didn't take it seriously. Then, a horrible years-deep depression I had was lifted: I went from feeling worthless and that life was pointless to having confidence and a clearer head. The only variable in my life that had changed was my diet--for the past year, I was juggling only environmental factors, jobs, living situations, etc., and never really found my way out of the hole.

But I attributed this to a balancing of hormones and health, it still didn't feel like anything magical or supernatural.

For the past month or so, however, I've been experiencing very random and fleeting moments of euphoria. I just feel HAPPY. Everything makes me want to laugh, because it is beautiful, and I am content. (Previously, my random outbursts of laughter were rooted in something very sorrowful and cynical.)

Last night, I was lying awake while my boyfriend slept next to me, and since I'm sleeping on a mattress on the floor, I have a lovely view of the sky from my window in bed. I saw the stars, and thought about how they always fascinated me since I was a child--and the euphoria started. I was incredibly peaceful, happy, connected in the moment with everything around me. I actually had to keep myself from laughing aloud.

For now, I can only hope to have more improvements in the same direction. I honestly DID NOT BELIEVE it was possible to be alive and feel like life was magical--it was something for the movies, nonsense in stories, or something all children would have wrestled away from them eventually. But now, I am not so sure, which means I could be on the verge of a very deep paradigm shift?!

?!?!?!?! (questions and excitement for the future!)

Would anyone else care to share such similar moments of joy? XD

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Joy (yay, a happy thread!)
Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 20, 2008 09:26PM

Thank you SO much for sharing this. I have felt a little down lately--long, cold winter (lack of sun, being stuck inside), have a few more months stuck at my job, figuring out a balance in my diet. But I have had glimpses of this sort of thing, through diet, as well as yoga and meditation. Life is beautiful and wonderful and we can be happy for NO reason. We can delight in the feel of mango juice dripping down the cheek, singing to ourselves (off-key!), skipping down the street, and everything else we were socialized not to do. And it is so great.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 20, 2008 09:47PM

Isn't it wonderful?! When I started experiencing it I was reminded of childhood. I had always thought it was a feeling that had been removed by all the responsibilities of adulthood and innocence lost.

Congratulations on your euphoria!!! It is something that will keep me high raw forever. I'd be a fool to go back to the greyness.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: February 21, 2008 10:37AM

Phantom,

I have had to give up more than just eating whatever I wanted to arrive at those peak moments. I have gone from a shapely size 9 - 10 to a scrawny 3 -4. I have to shop every day and spend more than I can always afford on food. I have had to live through a crisis of confidence my family and friends have had about my sanity (no! I'm not anorexic!!).

Yet how could I go back to eating a SAD diet and losing this connection I feel to nature? I feel alive now. I can think straight and stay present. What a gift!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables