Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Am I detoxing?
Posted by: Leesah ()
Date: February 21, 2008 09:12PM

Hi everyone! I have a few questions...I've been raw for about 2 months now. Well, not totally raw (about 70-80%). So here are my questions for you seasoned veterans:

Should I expect to lose much more weight?

In the last week alone, I lost 3.5 lbs. I now weigh in at 104 at a height of 5'3." People close to me are starting to worry that something is wrong. I was small to begin with (115 lbs) but I'm afraid I don't have much more to spare.

To help, I've stopped doing cardio. I've been a runner my whole life (usually 2.5 miles 3 times a week) and I've cut that out completely. sad smiley
I also go to the sauna, but I don't want to stop doing that (it will probably help with the detoxing process, right?). In between meals, I drink Odwalla drinks (360 calories a pop) to help keep my caloric intake up.

Also, I've been having nausea. Typically, it is worse after I drink my Rejuvelax or after I have my morning smoothie (leafy greens, carrots, zucchini, squash, ect.). Is this a normal part of detoxing? Am I detoxing too quickly?

To further complicate things, I was an alcoholic for 3 years (I've been sober for 6 months) and I worry about overwhelming my kidneys/liver. Does anyone know if alcholol leaves behind a lot of toxins for the body to get rid of?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Am I detoxing?
Posted by: stoner ()
Date: February 21, 2008 09:38PM

I lost 15 pounds in the first two months..So that seems normal to me.

i wish you luck with your process and hope your journey with raw is what you have been looking for

.........living to tell a tale of a life it self........

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 22, 2008 02:28AM

How many calories are you eating per day? I get about 3,000.

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 22, 2008 02:57AM

I was getting 3-4000 my first month. I still went from 115 to 100 pounds, and I'm 5'7''. Crazy weight loss the first month is normal.

I read that first the body burns through old toxins and damaged tissues, and then begins to build new ones (same reason a lot of people on 40 day water fasts can gain weight toward the end).

Rather than calories, I would focus on fresh, raw foods and whether or not you are getting enough. If your energy levels are low, or you want to slow the speed of your detox... AND get more calories... try eating some heavier foods like nuts, seeds, or avocados.

As for the alcohol, again, if detox becomes too swift or uncomfortable, you can eat heavier foods to ground.

Good luck! Hang in there! I wish you the best of health! =)

Date: February 22, 2008 05:29PM

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your responses! After reading them, I think I may not be getting enough calories. I'm going to start keeping a daily journal of the foods I eat so I can start monitoring how many calories I get. I feel like I'm eating constantly (and my empty wallet further supports this), but most of the things I eat are low in caloric content. I was trying to supplement my diet with Odwalla drinks (I know, not raw!) and Organic Raw Bars but this may not be enough.

Again, thanks for your feedback!

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 22, 2008 11:21PM

You're pretty much detoxing....until you realize that you're purer than the flower that grows on the highest moutain...
...that drinks from the cleanest water....

...and is closest to the sun.

Until then, enjoy the detox.

I'm done with it, myself.

Love,
Paul

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 23, 2008 12:04AM

Leesah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, I've been having nausea. Typically, it is
> worse after I drink my Rejuvelax

I would research the current thinking about Rejuvelax.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 23, 2008 02:54AM

> I would research the current thinking about Rejuvelax.

right. [www.living-foods.com]

Date: February 25, 2008 04:53PM

Hey Maui Butterfly,

I was wondering about the Rejuvelax. I threw up twice this week after drinking my morning green smoothie and then felt nauseous for hours (and it had Rejuvelax in it). I think I'll try my smoothie without it today and see if I feel better. In the meantime, I'll do a search on Rej. and see what others have to say about it.

Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables