Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

best way to rid parasites/worms?
Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: February 24, 2008 09:02PM

I have been trying to research the best way to cleanse my body of parasites and/or worms and I read that pineapple is supposed to be the best because something in them actucualy kills the worms.
Has anybody ever done a parasite cleanse? There seems to be a lot of products out there but I would rather just eat pineapple by itself for a few days.
I know It's a sensitive subject but any experiences or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: best way to rid parasites/worms?
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: February 24, 2008 09:10PM

I'm new to the raw foods lifestyle and I haven't gotten to this point myself, so take my advice with a grain of salt. But, from what I've researched and heard from a great number of people, the best way is to do the Master Cleanse Lemonade "diet." If you're not familiar with it, it's a lemonade made with spring water, fresh lemon or lime juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. This is a detoxification process and also helps rid the body of parasites and worms near the end of it.

Date: February 24, 2008 09:48PM

Black walnut and pumpkin seeds.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: February 24, 2008 11:00PM

Use a parasite zapper. Avoid food/circumstances where parasites more more prevalent. Read Hulda Clark's book, "The Cure for All Diseases".

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 25, 2008 12:06AM

about 4 months raw i had a very strange acne breakout on my chest and neck that my ayurvedic practitioner diagnosed as parasites. she gave me an herbal blend that included black walnut and it cleared up really quickly. but she made sure that i kept up with the herbs for 60 days, to get the buggers at all stages of the lifecycle.

Posted by: ErikSkulasonUSA ()
Date: February 25, 2008 06:15AM

I started a debate about this subject in this forum and I had as result the full spectrum of attitudes.

This is the link:
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

As you can see, I "survived" after a couple of debates, but I lost much of my desire of posting here.

You understand that your question is vague and due to so many different parasites having their specific life cycle, you have to find as much info as you can about your problem.

IMHO, a parasitolog has more chances to determine the right strategy in each case. There is no unique solution/cure to parasitosis, it depends about many factors like: type of parasites, how advanced/old is, where is situated, your response to medication, etc.

Don't panic, but take a cognitive approach and don't go to a ordinary doctor if you want better results.

Pls. excuse my English - foreigner.

=============================================================
Medicine, Food Industry and Commerce are businesses.
Is their goal to make/keep me healthy or to make more profit?

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 25, 2008 11:18PM

I've heard about black walnut, pumpkin seeds, garlic, and also ginger being used for parasites.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 26, 2008 01:45AM

How does one tell if one has parasites?

^.^;;

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 26, 2008 01:50AM

Or... what if you're going from the northern US to Ecuador/Peru for the summer and want to *prevent* parasites? I'll swallow cloves of garlic if I have to, but I'd rather not.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: February 26, 2008 02:34AM

I do enemas with black walnut tincture,cloves, and wormwood (8 dropps each).

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 26, 2008 05:15AM

HAS ANYONE SEEN WORMS COME OUT OF THEM?

Posted by: RawLoveBaby ()
Date: February 26, 2008 06:44AM

I haven't done a parasite cleanse yet, however my friend who has been a raw vegan for thirty years and is super picky about what he puts in his body recommends Paranil by Dr. Natura. I'm about to order it myself.

There's no quick way to get rid of parasites apparently because they have different life cycles. If you kill the parasites and leave their eggs, the eggs will hatch later. This cleanse is 60 or 90 days I believe. Any of those 5 day cleanses won't deal with the parasites in their entirety IMHO.

Remember parasites can hide themselves very well, so it is important to do colon cleansing during the process, otherwise they will hole up in crevices and @#$%& in the colon, and come out later when it's safe. They are clever little things with a huge instinct to live-on.

Dr Natura's website says that their program is designed to work without having to change your diet, but I believe it would be best to make changes. You want to create an alkaline environment in your body because parasites don't like that environment and they will die. Cut out the sugar, eat lots of greens. Drink wheatgrass juice, eat pumpkin seeds and garlic and all the other foods recommended.

Parasites only come out of the body when they're dead. When I was on a cleanse and drinking lots of wheatgrass and doing colonics, I saw things that looked suspiciously like worms coming out of me. I was kinda shocked, but not very surprised to think I had them. I've been suspicious for awhile because of my bloating and skin problems. The worm like things ranged in length from 3-8 inches. I am the slowest eater you'll meet, always have been, and I chew chew chew... so I'm as positive I can be that it wasn't a noodle or something. Ha!

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: February 26, 2008 06:57AM

Ugg! That is so gross! smiling smiley I wonder if you don't have those kinds of symptoms if it is still a good idea to do a parasite cleanse just to be sure? Because I imagine these remedies are kind of harsh on the body. Even garlic makes my side ache so much its debilitating. I

Date: February 26, 2008 03:32PM

Honestly, this stuff just freaks me out. But, I'd rather know and do something about it than not know and carry them around with me. Ignorance is not bliss.

Finding this site, and learning about the living and raw foods lifestyle is the second best thing that's ever happened to me. Seriously, I appreciate all of you and your willingness to educate people.

Posted by: ErikSkulasonUSA ()
Date: February 26, 2008 08:48PM

Simple Living Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Honestly, this stuff just freaks me out. But, I'd
> rather know and do something about it than not
> know and carry them around with me. Ignorance is
> not bliss.
>
> Finding this site, and learning about the living
> and raw foods lifestyle is the second best thing
> that's ever happened to me. Seriously, I
> appreciate all of you and your willingness to
> educate people.

Don't panic - accept the Reality.

I believe there is no human been or macroscopic life form "critters free".
From this point of view, I cannot refer to myself as "me" - "us" will be more accurate.

We are not ("alone" :-) ) an entity, perhaps we look more like a colony of MANY different life forms co-existing more or less symbiotic in the same host. Including parasites. We eat - we nurture them too. We host them and most of the time we don't even notice due to the lack of symptoms. We do notice them in certain circumstances, or species with high potential to damage tissues, organs, especially the larger sized ones. Larger size does not necessarily mean more dangerous.

Am I wrong?

Medicine, Food Industry and Commerce are businesses.
Is their goal to make/keep me healthy or to make more profit?

Date: February 26, 2008 08:59PM

Don't panic - accept the Reality.

I believe there is no human been or macroscopic life form "critters free".
From this point of view, I cannot refer to myself as "me" - "us" will be more accurate.

We are not ("alone" :-) ) an entity, perhaps we look more like a colony of MANY different life forms co-existing more or less symbiotic in the same host. Including parasites. We eat - we nurture them too. We host them and most of the time we don't even notice due to the lack of symptoms. We do notice them in certain circumstances, or species with high potential to damage tissues, organs, especially the larger sized ones. Larger size does not necessarily mean more dangerous.

Am I wrong?

Actually, your English is quite good, Erik. I understand you easily.

Okay, forget what I said about ignorance. Sometimes it is bliss! Ha!
I'm sure it's true that everyone harbors unwanted life forms in their bodies, it's just difficult to think that they could be four to eight inches long!

Now I'm starting to feel like that Dr. Seuss story about Whoville. I have colonies of little critters living inside me. I wonder what they think when I sneeze? smiling smiley

Date: February 26, 2008 09:26PM

Man. I am reading all about parasites and it's REALLY freaking me out... This is bad news. >.<

Could anyone kindly share some information about the cleanses they've done? Thanks.

Also, dumb question, but that 3% hydrogen peroxide everyone talks about--can I get it at a grocery store or drug store?

Thanks. X.X

Date: February 26, 2008 10:10PM

Sorry for the double post, but I did some more reading and I was thinking:

If, for, a period of time, I were just to eat:

-fresh pineapple (breakfast, probably)
-boatloads of salads of every green imaginable
-whole cloves of garlic
-pumpkin seeds

In conjunction with black walnut hull, wormwood, and clove tincture... Do you think that would be effective? If anything, the greens would give me a serious mineral and alkalinity boost, anyway, so no harm done, as opposed to taking drugs for such a problem.

Also, are there side effects to the three recommended tinctures? I know wormwood can be REALLY toxic in the wrong doses. O.O

And, since parasites loathe alkaline environments, could I still start my mornings with lemon water? I was doing it for liver cleansing.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I do have this mysterious itching in the same place in my legs that has persisted for months, and nothing else has cleared it up... SO WHO KNOWS! I did work at a sushi restaurant (didn't eat meat, but the same knives cut the vegetables I did eat!) and sleep with my cat when I lived at home, and who knows what else I was doing...

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 27, 2008 02:21AM

hi gang. this is a rehash of a response i made via PM to someone who asked me about my own parasite cleanse. so to that person, i apologize for the regurgitation.

when my ayurvedic practitioner told me the acne breakout on my chest and neck was the result of parasites, i was of course horrified. it sounds awful! there are bugs inside me?!?!? yuck! get them out, i want them all OUT! but she explained that everyone has parasites, its even okay to have a certain level of parasites, they can eat dead and decaying tissue, and it may not even be healthy to totally rid yourself of these things. and generally whenever you rid yourself of "bad" parasites, you are also taking "good" bugs with it. when you want to act is when the parasite activity in your body is out of balance, and impacting your health. makes sense, right? she also explained that the herbs that cleanse parasites from your system are a bit hard on your body, so you wouldn't want to take them just because you are grossed out by the idea of having parasites. as long as your body is functioning healthily and the parasites are not impacting you, let them ride as it were. she explained that the signals she was picking up on through my pulse reading, as well as my physical symptoms (the acne breakout) were messages that my body was trying to rid itself of the parasites, and it was asking for help from me. so it was appropriate to act.

she further explained to me that ayurvedic herbs are a gentle and powerful way to offer support to the healing that your body is trying to do on its own. they work with your bodily systems, strengthening the things that need to be strengthened so that the body can heal itself. they don't overpower your body, or hide/suppress symptoms.

our bodies are amazing, complex, highly intelligent machines, always seeking to balance themselves. the body has its own priorities for keeping us healthy, and that does not always jibe with what our minds want to work on (ex. weight loss). however, if we are experiencing symptoms of some sort, those are messages from the body "hey, i need some help!" so it behooves us to investigate. it might be appropriate to act, or it might be appropriate to get out of the body's way and let it do its job. but i don't think we should interfere with our body's priorities. rather we should devote ourselves primarily to providing enough energy to the body for it to do its work.

i guess my advice is to find out first if the parasites that you have in YOUR body are negatively impacting you before you embark on any kind of parasite cleanse. i imagine there are lots of ways to do this, for me ayurveda has worked great.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: February 27, 2008 03:26AM

All this feedback is really awesome, thanks.

Alas, I don't know precisely what parasites I could be carrying around in my gut, I have a pretty good feeling that I probably have worms.

I think I am going to try the pinapple thing, I have to find the book that I read this in so I can share the details.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 27, 2008 05:05AM

ahahaha, this is kind of freaky to me.

I went through a phase where I spent a lot of money on products cause I had a "feeling" I had worms from reading about it.

Never saw any, not once. I did that 300 dollar Ejuva cleanse, the worst time of my entire life, I felt like I was eating clay, you know how bad you feel? It turns out that rubber that is supposed to come out of you, all it is is those thickening agent pills you take! It makes the rubber.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: February 27, 2008 03:12PM

I've done those psyllium cleanses and OMG they are so yucky. It's exactly like swallowing concrete and completely stops any digestive movement. Horrible. I will never do one of those again.

Some years ago I came across a really good parasite cleanse from a company called Awareness Herbs. I just googled it and came up with this;
www.awarenesslife.com

Their cleanse consists of two herbal formulas ("Experience" and "Cleanse"winking smiley by this Egyptian herbalist, passed down in his family for the past 600 years. It doesn't contain psyllium or any bulking agent, and doesn't involve fasting. You take the herbs over several months.

When I first heard about it I did some research, spoke to several people. One person was a colonic therapist who'd been giving colonics for 15 years. He had the same clients come to him for colonics when they were cleansing year after year and he said he never saw any worms etc come out of them until they started using this product. Then he saw all sorts of weird s*it (sorry about the pun).

One woman I spoke to said it cured her candida and vaginal yeast infection, which had been a severa problem lasting several years. She had spoken to the herbalist who told her that yeast infections were a by-product of parasites. She didn't believe it until she took his parasite cleanse and was cured. Another lady had IBS so bad she couldn't walk down her driveway to the mailbox. She's been home-ridden for years. Within a couple of months of these herbs she was 100% better.

I took the herbs and didn't notice anything, but I didn't have parasite symptoms to begin with. I do not and did not inspect what came out in the toilet, so for all I know I passed creatures from the black lagoon.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: February 27, 2008 03:25PM

By the way I agree with Suvine about the roey rubbery stuff that's supposed to come out of you. The pill and cleanse pushers talk about 'mucoid plaque' that is supposed to line the colon and that their cleanses will remove. Some sites claim that as much as 30 pounds of the stuff is lining the colon, reducing the channel to a mere pencil width and impeding digestive absorption.

Well, I have a friend who has worked in the OR and also with a gastroenterologist. For several years, her job was to assist in colonoscopies. She would do many each day. Guess what? She never ever saw a case of mucoid plaque. She said most peoples' colons are clean and pink. Occasionally she saw someone with a growth; or someone for whom the pre-examination laxative didn't work so well in which there was some feces in the colon. But never ever EVER did she see incrustations or linings on the colon, nothing whatever like the descriptions on the cleanse pages. Just clean pink.

She was working in a small midwestern town where the population ate the SAD, a farm community of pork producers. We're not talking about healthy SAD diets, either, but the worst - meat, potatoes, occasional veggies boiled to death, packaged foods. And there was nothing lining those colons. She never saw anything like that either in the colonoscopies or in the operating room.

This has been the subject of other threads on this board in the past, with a lot of heated discussion.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: February 27, 2008 03:42PM

phantom asked:

"Also, dumb question, but that 3% hydrogen peroxide everyone talks about--can I get it at a grocery store or drug store?"

food-grade hydrogen peroxide can be purchased at any health food store...even the not so good ones. i would not recommend purchasing your H2O2 at the grocery or drug store if you intend to ingest it.

also, just to be clear, I am not recommending that you ingest H2O2 at all as there is controversy surrounding the practice. but then again, I'm not recommending that you don't.

I use a product called "Colon Green" that contains psyllium and black walnut hulls with alfalfa. This is very gentle and inexpensive and increases bulk and frequency of elimination at a comfortable level. at least for me. I use it because I'm prone to constipation from time to time and not so much for parasite zapping. no worms to date.

khale

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables