Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sprouting lentils
Date: February 24, 2008 10:11PM

I have been trying to sprout some red/orange lentils in a jar w/ cheesecloth over it. I soaked them over night on Tues or Wed (can't remember exactly) I've been watering and draining 2 X a day and some of them have only just started the tiniest little sprouts- some have nothing. Do I keep waiting or should I throw them out?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sprouting lentils
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: February 24, 2008 10:52PM

I usually only sprout the brown ones. The red/orange ones seem more delicate. The ones I usually see already have the skin off them. I'm not sure about those but the brown ones do sprout. If you see some sprouts, they are alive but if they rot, then there doesn't seem to be much life to them and I wouldn't continue to try. Maybe it's the source of the seeds/beans that the problem? Not sure if that helps.

Re: sprouting lentils
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 24, 2008 11:08PM

red/orange lentils are usually split in half and won't sprout. it has to be the whole legume to still be alive. it usually takes me 2-4 days of sprouting in total.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables