Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

bulk buying (NE Ohio)
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 24, 2008 10:22PM

Hello everyone!
I'm wondering if you could tell me where to buy nuts, dried fruits and more. Since I live in NE Ohio it'd probably be best to try local before somewhere far like California. I already know about eatraw.com, sunorganic, and I've looked up a few others...
I'm in a newer group here and our goal is to do lots of bulk buying now. We been focused on gardening and soil building so far.

If you have any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it!

: )

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bulk buying (NE Ohio)
Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: February 24, 2008 10:27PM

I'm also from NE Ohio - If you come up with anything, please pass it along :O)

Nuts and dried fruits seem to be easily found at most health food stores, at least for me, even though I seldom make these choices. Fruit, on the other hand, is the tricky part.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 24, 2008 10:33PM

I'm in a group in Lakewood and we're interested in buying all kinds of foods in bulk. I know we could get a better deal than shopping at the health food store for sure.
Have you heard about City Fresh? It's a kind of CSA so it's all local produce and it's available weekly all summer for a great deal. www.cityfresh.org
If I come upon something else I'll let know know.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: February 24, 2008 10:48PM

I'm in Aurora. I buy some nuts at Trader Joe's and a couple others at Mustard Seed. I've been eating more sunflower seeds lately. The only truly non-pasturized nuts I know of are from online in CA. I have bought nuts at Costco but they seem to be lower quality and stale.

I buy most produce from Miles Farmer's Market. I'm not sure how much bulk I would need as I started eating only 6 out of the 7 days per week. Keep me in the loop, though. Thanks. Therese

Posted by: Nessi ()
Date: February 25, 2008 01:13AM

Daimond Organics is one way, although expensive, is one way by mail.

Local would be Wild Oats Chagrin Blvd., Whole Foods at Cedar, Musterd Seed in Solon, they all have organic bulk bins, as does the Cleveland Co-op on Euclid.

I know that the Mustard Seed Solon has orderd items in from Glaser's Farm (great Flax crackers, Nori crackers, raw cookies and treats)

Miles Market is the best for cost and shopping for local farming.

A community ordering from a CSA (community supported agriculture), like posted above, would probably be optimal, perhaps those of us who have posted here could look into setting up a share. Imagine fresh veggies and fruits at your door...

Whole Foods at Cedar and Warrensville would order in bulk I'm sure if you asked.

peace,

Chrissy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2008 01:15AM by Nessi.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: February 25, 2008 07:39PM

Usually the prices at those places were pretty high when I last checked for ordering produce by the case.

I think the best bet would be to form your own co-op and order yourselves bi-weekly for example or whenever you get enough orders. If you get enough people ordering you can really save alot. My experiences with small co-ops like this really worked out well.

Posted by: corizza ()
Date: February 25, 2008 08:12PM

We are all from Northeast ohio?? Lets have a dinner party!!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: February 26, 2008 01:22AM

Sounds good!

Date: February 26, 2008 01:32AM

We're moving south soon but I'd be game for a meetup also!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables