Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Eye colour (Iridology)
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 25, 2008 02:37PM

Green eyes , the pigment is yellow overlaying blue this makes green. Potential to kidney problems.Only blue or brown ( velvet)Irides, yellow to orange to rust to dark brown to black is pigmentation caused by genetic changes to an organ or organs of the body. Right iris shows male inheritance factors, left iris shows female inheritance factors.
Iridology is a very accurate science and discovers root cause of any symptom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eye colour (Iridology)
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 25, 2008 02:42PM

interesting! i have green eyes, and my ayurvedic practitioner says my kidneys are my trouble spot. but i've had the same eye color for as long as i can remember, does that mean i have always had this, or is it just a genetic predisposition? do people who develop kidney problems later in life develop green(er) eyes?

my daughter was born with very dark brown eyes. what does that mean,in theory?

Date: February 25, 2008 04:44PM

Wow! This is good to know as I have green eyes also

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 25, 2008 09:37PM

Brown eyes mean that either one or both of your parents had brown eyes. They also mean a lower prevalence of age-related macular degeneration and its progression, along with decreased risk of uveal melanoma.

Blue eyes come from a single mutation in HERC2 gene regulating OCA2 expression. Brown eyed people lack this mutation.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 25, 2008 11:02PM

thanks arugula winking smiley

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 26, 2008 05:27AM

Iridolgy is not accurate at all.

I had one done and I was told I had a debilitating disease and some kind of IBS. Total BS. Thank god I didn't pay for it.

How can you prove parts of your iris, correspond to certain organs and body parts?

And who makes up the rules, on what colors of our eyes, mean what to us? Who made this up?

Peace and reason, Suvine

SOrry for getting so upset, I just don't like scammers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2008 05:35AM by suvine.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 26, 2008 06:02AM

Hi Suvine,

I had the exact opposite experience with iridology just a couple of weeks ago. I was at a natural health fair and sat down for a quick free consultation with an iridologist. I didn't tell her anything about my health or diet. She looked into my eyes and said, "Wow, you used to be loaded with toxins, but it's like they are fleeing your body. Are you doing some kind of cleanse or did you radically alter your diet or lifestyle recently?" She was right on both counts. I was two weeks into an intensive cleanse and had radically changed my diet about 8 months prior. On a side note she asked if I had injured my back recently and just the week before I had tweaked it playing with some kettle bells.

There are scammers in every profession, but their existence doesn't make the entire profession a scam. I'm sure that there are even scammers in the wonderful world of raw foods, but that doesn't make our lifestyles a scam does it? So it would be fair for you to say "The one time I was exposed to iridology it wasn't accurate at all to me." To use objectivist reasoning you can only prove that the individual iridologist you saw was not accurate. You cannot prove from that one experience that iridology as a practice is wholly inaccurate.

I'm not sure but I think that the relationships between parts of the iris and systems of the body are based on energy meridians from traditional Chinese medicine...similar to the way that acupuncture points correspond to different body systems. I could be totally wrong though I think I remember reading that somewhere. And I don't think it's so much the colors as it is the patterns and spots etc that an iridologist reads. To me it makes sense. Our bodies are intricate webs of connections. We can taste garlic if we rub a clove on the bottom of our feet. It's not too much of a stretch for me to see how patterns in our irises could be used as a diagnostic tool. I wouldn't purely rely on iridology alone for serious diagnosis, but for a different perspective I think it's totally valid.

Just my opinion and experience.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: February 26, 2008 06:53AM

I think that a lot of times if a stranger just sat down in front of you, that anyone could sort of guess the health problems that they were suffering from. For example....someone hunched over a bit might have back problems, or someone with yellow skin might have liver problems. There are lots of things like this. Our bodies show our diseases in lots of ways.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: February 26, 2008 08:05AM

the eye will tell you if you got STRONGER POSSIBILITYS for different kinds of diseases. If you live a good life with good food, motion etc habits, you will not feel these diseases. But if you dont have good habits, you will be feeling these "weak links break" and your disease will show.

Date: February 27, 2008 04:37AM

Well, I can't say that there MAY be a good iridologist if the concept itself, doesn't make any sense to me.

It's like fortunetelling. That is what it is right? ""If there are little holes in your left side of iris that is your heart line"" etc..

I have had very good fortunetellers, yes, very good, but everybody, I mean, everybody knows inherently that its bogus.
If its true then someone explain to me. Any knowledge that can't be shared, and proven to all of us, I would question very hard.

I know an irridolgist too, it's like a few weeks training and a test. Kind of like reiki stuff. Anyone can learn in in weeks. Any moron.

I expect raw foodists to see though all this. Noone will take us seriously if we are into that stuff. we will be clumped with all the nuts.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2008 04:47AM by suvine.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 27, 2008 06:50AM

Well Suvine,

I was only trying to have an intelligent conversation about this topic, but I see it won't go anywhere because you won't approach it with an open mind. You seem imprisoned in judgment, implying that anyone who practices or believes anything that you don't understand, is a moron. You constantly say that you only believe what can be absolutely proven, but can you absolutely offer proof that iridology isn't valid? If you can, I'd like to see it. By the same token can you offer indisputable proof that everything that you belief isn't false?... proof that everyone can agree is absolute? Just because you can't prove that something is true, does not make it automatically false, just as the inability to prove something false does not automatically make it true. Lacking concrete proof (if you believe it exists), in either direction only proves that the subject, at present, is still a mystery. I am very comfortable with the mysteries of life, they add amazing flavor.

I personally would expect that most raw foodists would approach everything with an open mind since we are usually the ones on the receiving end of criticism and disbelief.

I've never really cared who takes me seriously or not, so if someone wants to lump me in with the rest of the nuts, it's their loss. I love nuts, as long as they're organic and raw.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: February 27, 2008 03:26PM

mauigreg

"if someone wants to lump me in with the rest of the nuts, it's their loss. I love nuts, as long as they're organic and raw."

i like that!

dc

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 27, 2008 05:21PM

I had a bad experience with an iridologist too. I found it interesting that he "saw" that I had had my tonsils out as a child, but he didn't notice that I had several health problems that were much more significant (like my mastectomoy?). He failed to notice that I had ever experienced cancer, but told me that my colon was in poor health. Fortunately for me, he just happened to sell some kind of herbal product, and if I would be willing to send him forty bucks a package (2-3 week supply), I could get myself all sorted out in a year or two.

He stated that I had several health problems that I simply don't have, and failed to identify one single one that I actually do have.

I think the whole experience was just to try to sell me those herbs. I declined.

Sapphire

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 27, 2008 07:06PM

I went to a talk by Dr. T last night, the raw foodist who founded the restaurant Ecopolitan in Minneapolis. He was talking about the importance of reproducibility in tests, whether tests to rule out pathology or assess health. He had a problem with iridology (and other types of medicine) because he suspects it not to be reproducable, that if you go to three different ones, they will tell you three different things. And then after you do what they say they will tell you it is gone. The treatment might still be good, because they'll say something good like "cut out dairy" or "eat green vegetables", but the problem wasn't what they said. He applies the same to conventional medicine, and says they often do unproven things as well because of tradition--this isn't a test, but a radical masectomy or HRT are examples of things done out of tradition that aren't proven.

It would be interesting if someone went to more than one iridologist and reported back. Dr. T suspects it is not reproducible because they have never done a study on it, though it would be simple enough. It was a very interesting talk.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: February 27, 2008 11:25PM

Excellent thread thanks winking smiley
Well said Maui !

Date: February 28, 2008 02:36AM

I love Dr. T, he is very handsome. His store Ecopolitan is truly a good vacation. He gives classes every night and talks about things, REAL things he can prove.

Anyways, Sapphire thanks for your story.

Date: February 28, 2008 02:49AM

>>who makes up the rules, on what colors of our eyes, mean what to us? Who made this up?

Scientists made up the rules that I listed. If you want to read their reasoning, have at it. The refs are:

Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc. 2000; 98 pp 109-15
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol. 2003 Dec; 31(6) pp 465-9
Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2003 Dec;10(5) pp 293-302.

Date: February 28, 2008 03:28AM

Ok "Scientists" made it up, now explain it to me. Explain what eye colors correspond to parts of our organs and female parts and how you come to say so?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 03:29AM by suvine.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:52PM

I picked up a massive encyclopedia on "handology" just for laughs: kind of like palm reading, used mostly for psychology, and tested on a LARGE SCALE with 87% accuracy. O.O

I had to make a rule that when I did readings for people, I would no longer read the health line, because I have blurted out a few things that really embarrassed a few people in public settings. angry smiley

The whole basis for the science behind handology is that 30% of the brain's motor cortex is reserved SOLELY for the hands--pretty cool, huh? I wouldn't bet my life on anything a handologist has to tell me, but it's been really fun for myself to see how people's mental habits can manifest in something like patterns of use in the hands.

Posted by: brenna ()
Date: February 28, 2008 05:40PM

I was wondered what iridology would mean for someone like me whose eyes change color on a daily basis and have since birth basically. My grandfather was the same way so I don't think that would mean it's due to some weird medical condition either.

As far as the arguements over whether it is a real and valid practice or not..I'd have to say go with your own judgement. I personally think anyone who believes in god is a nut, but I'm an atheist, so that's me. Most Christians tend to think I'm a nut. This arguement sounds just like arguements I used to get into with religious friends of mine when I was younger. Now I say to each their own. Believe what you believe and I'll believe what I believe and I don't see how it affects anyone but YOU.

Date: February 29, 2008 02:18PM

BRENNA, I AM AN ATHEIST TOO. I THINK CHRISTIANS ARE NUTS, PERSONALLY, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO TRADE IN THIS REALITY OF PERFECTION, THE HERE AND NOW FOR SOMETHING ANTI HUMAN, ANTI MIND AND ANTI SELF? SOMETHING WE CAN'T SEE, KNOW, HEAR , OR TOUCH? AND CALL THAT KNOWLEDGE? THERE IS NOTHING SUPERIOR TO US, WE ARE IT. NOONE IS SUPERVISING US, THAT IS SILLY!

WISHING WON'T MAKE IT SO.

I AM MY OWN CREATOR, AND THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS EVER OR WILL SAVE ME.

GO TO EVILBIBLE.COM GIVES QUOTES FROM THE BIBLE, WHERE GOD TELLS PEOPLE TO KILL KILL KILL, AND ANTI WOMEN QUOTES AND KILLING ALL GAYS OR WAYWARD CHILDREN, ITS SICK.

Posted by: claire ()
Date: February 29, 2008 03:03PM

I personally love the idea of iridology, whether it can be scientifically proven or not. I would be interested in studying it, and I'm planning a trip to the iridologist as a milestone-treat if (when) I manage to keep raw for 6 months!

Claire

Posted by: brenna ()
Date: February 29, 2008 03:17PM

Suvine - I've been to that site before. What's funny is that my husband is actually very religious, but he doesn't try to make me believe what he does and we don't really get into debates about religion so we have no issues. Plus he's not part of any organized religion so he probably doesn't feel the need to convert me.
It's not the belief that is the problem..it's when people feel the need for everyone else to believe exactly as they do. Forcing your will/opinions on anyone is not the way to go. So hey let people believe in iridology/the man in the sky who knows everything but needs your money/Bob Dobbs/L Ron. Hubbard if they want to...it doesn't hurt anyone but themselves, which is sad for them, ultimately harmless to everyone else.

Date: February 29, 2008 07:44PM

arugula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >>who makes up the rules, on what colors of our
> eyes, mean what to us? Who made this up?
>
> Scientists made up the rules that I listed. If you
> want to read their reasoning, have at it. The refs
> are:
>
> Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc. 2000; 98 pp 109-15
> Clin Experiment Ophthalmol. 2003 Dec; 31(6) pp
> 465-9
> Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2003 Dec;10(5) pp 293-302.

These have nothing to do with the assertions you listed.
But they have something to do with melanoma risks, macular
degeneration, and genetic loci for color specification and
they are pretty well accepted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables